Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, Antonio8 said:

Felix can play also as number 9

Where did I hear this?

Oh yes, by Havertz, Pulisic, Sterling, etc etc.

This false 9 thing had been trending for a while, but luckily nowadays coaches realize it’s not really right way. Guardiola was trying this shit for year, and now they have an old fashioned killer number 9 and they are more prolific than ever.

1 minute ago, TheHulk said:

Both can gladly leave, useless.

Doesn't Ziyech have two and a half years left? Signed in 2020 on a five year deal.

These journalists have no clue really. Even the article about Spanish clubs being interested in Aubameyang was dodgy, as @Vesperpointed FIFA rules prevent him from playing competitively for a third club this season. He can certainly fuck off in the summer but seems we're stuck with him till then.

1 minute ago, Jype said:

Doesn't Ziyech have two and a half years left? Signed in 2020 on a five year deal.

These journalists have no clue really. Even the article about Spanish clubs being interested in Aubameyang was dodgy, as @Vesperpointed FIFA rules prevent him from playing competitively for a third club this season. He can certainly fuck off in the summer but seems we're stuck with him till then.

His contract is up June 2025.

2 minutes ago, Jype said:

حكيم زيياش Hakim Ziyech

Contract expires: Jun 30, 2025

I can see these all happening in the summer:

Rice > United

Enzo > Liverpool/City

Caicedo > Chelsea

Said before that I do rate Caicedo but can’t help but be let down if we eventually end up with him instead of Enzo. I want our midfield revamp to be built around someone who is first and foremost highly gifted technically and can also do the dirty work. Not someone who is all about the dirty work first and is simply okay with the ball. Caicedo looks like a poor man’s Kante to my eyes. Very solid but limited.

Apart from fact we still know nothing about what happened, I wonder what "burning bridge" with Benfica would be supposed to cause - we are not getting players for reduced price solely because someone likes our owner and club will not sell to anyone except highest bidder just for giggles (except maybe they respect player enough to let him choose, but again, clubs relation hardly matters in this case). Can't see much more serious implications, than not playing friendly games with them next season, lol.

Btw yeah, maybe club made a huge mistake, but that's a prime example of business risk that TB surely calculated. Not that I'm big fan of him, but I doubt he is an idiot in terms of doing business. Anyway I will laugh so hard if Enzo disappears in the span of next 10 months as I can't remember this board going so mental about player based on such a lousy evidence. Well, maybe the previous Raphinia craze, lol.

Edited by Vegetable

3 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Apart from fact we still know nothing about what happened, I wonder what "burning bridge" with Benfica would be supposed to cause - we are not getting players for reduced price solely because someone likes our owner and club will not sell to anyone except highest bidder just for giggles (except maybe they respect player enough to let him choose, but again, clubs relation hardly matters in this case). Can't see much more serious implications, than not playing friendly games with them next season, lol.

Btw yeah, maybe club made a huge mistake, but that's a prime example of business risk that TB surely calculated. Not that I'm big fan of him, but I doubt he is an idiot in terms of doing business. Anyway I will laugh so hard if Enzo disappears in the span of next 10 months as I can't remember this board going so mental about player based on such a lousy evidence. Well, maybe the previous Raphinia craze, lol.

It seems as though we made our intentions known to Benfica that we would be paying his release clause at some point many weeks ago. We then spoke directly to Enzo, convinced him to come and agreed personal terms, and then when it came down to actually negotiating with Benfica we submitted a bid way below the release clause. 

You can certainly why the coach and club reacted so angrily. Benfica is a selling club so long as you pay what they ask. They were probably resigned to reluctantly sell him because the release clause was too much to turn down. But when we instead lowball them and mess with the players head you get the reaction we saw.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

It seems as though we made our intentions known to Benfica that we would be paying his release clause at some point many weeks ago. We then spoke directly to Enzo, convinced him to come and agreed personal terms, and then when it came down to actually negotiating with Benfica we submitted a bid way below the release clause. 

You can certainly why the coach and club reacted so angrily. Benfica is a selling club so long as you pay what they ask. They were probably resigned to reluctantly sell him because the release clause was too much to turn down. But when we instead lowball them and mess with the players head you get the reaction we saw.

They can not turn down the release clause. That is the whole point of a it existing.

2 minutes ago, Jype said:

Closer to what?

He already signed for the Saudi team last week.

It was rumored TB was very eager to bring him in soon after takeover but it was blocked by TT. I thought it was ridiculous, but now I believe TB could really see him more as a stop-gap filler than marketing asset.

22 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

It was rumored TB was very eager to bring him in soon after takeover but it was blocked by TT. I thought it was ridiculous, but now I believe TB could really see him more as a stop-gap filler than marketing asset.

He's just signed for a new club... Making like 500k a day or something absolutely crazy like that