Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

🚨On this European night (9:00 p.m.) there is a meeting between Chelsea and Benfica to agree on the payment method. The arrival of Enzo Fernández to the Premier is very close.
{Gaston edul}

(Reliability scale:very reliable 🌕)

6 minutes ago, cfccrost said:

🚨On this European night (9:00 p.m.) there is a meeting between Chelsea and Benfica to agree on the payment method. The arrival of Enzo Fernández to the Premier is very close.
{Gaston edul}

(Reliability scale:very reliable 🌕)

Which night it's already 23.00 in Benfica and that tweet was posted like 4 hours ago.

Wonder what the hold up is with Badiashile. Been several days now that it’s supposedly been done.

Also, I wonder why an announcement hasn’t been made with Nkunku if it’s been signed and sealed for like a month. 

25 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Wonder what the hold up is with Badiashile. Been several days now that it’s supposedly been done.

Also, I wonder why an announcement hasn’t been made with Nkunku if it’s been signed and sealed for like a month. 

Imagine the scenes if none of them happened and it was all to keep the fans happy whisky secretly going for cheaper youth prospects hahaha.

But no seriously, I think the Badiashille announcement is most probably being held back maybe for  a double announcement alongside Enzo.

1 hour ago, JDY said:

In that regard yeah. But Hazard had a more stop start, controlled explosiveness that was unstoppable. Mudryk is more a 100mph dribbler with only one tempo. More similar to Robben perhaps.

A right footed potential Robben is a good description

Bet Benfica either want the vast majority of the transfer fee upfront or all of it and we are insisting on multiple payments. 

Pretty frustrating how this saga keeps changing every few hours. Everyday we get Argentine/Benfica sources saying it’s a done deal and then every night we get an update from Fab saying it’s not. 

Think tomorrow will tell us a lot. If our board meets with Benfica again and don’t come to a deal then this is off. I pray that we get it done. 

5 hours ago, Pizy said:

I’m not even sure why Arse want him so badly, never mind us. They already have their beloved Saka on the right side and all Arse supporters are always hyping up that Martinelli is a future superstar who is on the left. So why spend £70-80m on another winger?

Makes perfect sense. They look a complete team right now but need more depth. He isn't going to be a guaranteed starter but he will be rotation. On top of that with the Jesus injury, sometimes he will line up in the same team as Martinelli and Saka. If Martinelli or Saka get injured, then that is a big blow so it is important as a club, that they continue to bolster their squad. Martinelli has had injury issues before.

Last night was evident about their lack of attacking depth. Jesus injured and so is ESR. They did not make one attacking change. They have Mudryk and that possibly is difference between 3 points and a point.

2 hours ago, shrenshah said:

Mudryk reminds me of Werner from Pre Chelsea period

Have a feeling mudryk will suffer in PL as well as he wont get the freedom to run around

I think he would benefit from going Arsenal or Liverpool, with the way they play. Until we actually have an attacking identity, think he will suffer here.

Edited by Stats

6 hours ago, Pizy said:

I’m not even sure why Arse want him so badly, never mind us. They already have their beloved Saka on the right side and all Arse supporters are always hyping up that Martinelli is a future superstar who is on the left. So why spend £70-80m on another winger?

Saka contract is not extended isn't it? They might be acting on the feeling Saka might not extend (contract till 24)

7 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Can you imagine we lose out on him because of other outlays/big money names and we end up with another Koulibaly.

I don’t we are looking for that type of player anymore. Koulibaly was the attempt of a quick fix for Rüdiger leaving that backfired horribly

but now we seem to be buying young players for the long term. If we can’t get Enzo we will get some other prodigy 

the problem will be that if we get Enzo alone we will not see any major improvements at first cos he has no partner. While Kante or Zakaria could cater to him, I think we need both, an actual playmaker or creative winger and a proper all action DM to complement Enzo for him to be maximally effective. Enzo on his own is just a middle of the road player between say Jorginho and Mount but with the right supporting cast he makes everyone around him better like the Xavi/Iniesta type he aspires to be