Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

7 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Is this a competition?

Fck it, I am in:

Enzo is 100 times the player Rice will ever be.

I will end this

Enzo is a googolplex to the googolplex power times the player Rice will ever be.

A googolplex is the number 10googol, or equivalently, 1010100 or 1010,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 . Written out in ordinary decimal notation, it is 1 followed by 10100 zeroes; that is, a 1 followed by a googol of zeroes.

A typical book can be printed with 106 zeros (around 400 pages with 50 lines per page and 50 zeros per line). Therefore, it requires 1094 such books to print all the zeros of a googolplex (that is, printing a googol zeros). If each book had a mass of 100 grams, all of them would have a total mass of 1093 kilograms. In comparison, Earth's mass is 5.972 × 1024 kilograms, the mass of the Milky Way galaxy is estimated at 2.5 × 1042 kilograms, and the total mass of all the stars in the observable universe is estimated at 2 × 1052 kg.

To put this in perspective, the mass of all such books required to write out a googolplex would be vastly greater than the masses of the Milky Way and the Andromeda galaxies combined (by a factor of roughly 2.0 × 1050), and greater than the mass of the observable universe by a factor of roughly 7 × 1039.

Yeah, I wish all of us for it to be true 😀

Still, it's mind boggling what is happening to economy - two years ago we heard it's an end of big ticket transfers and now 100 million doesn't seem much of psychological bareer anymore. 

Just want to reiterate again that if we don’t sign Enzo this window I hope we don’t do something silly like saddle ourselves with yet another average midfielder out of desperation for any warm body that we can can get. No more Bakayoko/Drinkwater/Saul/Zakaria level players.

Just wait until the summer and try our luck. I see us still being linked with Alvarez from Ajax and that would be the exact sort of guy we should avoid. 

5 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I really like the look of Fofana. 

Yeah he came from a weaker league and is untested but I like his qualities and most importantly, I like his selfishness. Too many times we have strikers who don't shoot be it confidence or they prefer the safer pass. 

I share your like for DDF's technical quality but I've taken the opposite view on his selfishness. This makes your take very interesting to me. I have always said that I don't want a striker with a propensity to shoot, and I don't want one with a propensity to pass. I want one with a propensity for choosing the best option. I have never regarded scoring goals as a consolation for selfishness. In the end though I suppose it comes down to how many goals.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

6 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

Going for Enzo probably means we're going to miss out on this guy. There's better left wingers out there anyway.

Was always an extremely slim chance we’d be able to convince Milan to sell their best player midseason. Hope we don’t give up on getting him in the summer. And I hope he declines that contract offer. He and Nkunku in the same attack would be electric. Pace, power, explosive dribbling, and most important of all they’re not scared to shoot like so many of our current players are.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Was always an extremely slim chance we’d be able to convince Milan to sell their best player midseason. Hope we don’t give up on getting him in the summer. And I hope he declines that contract offer. He and Nkunku in the same attack would be electric. Pace, power, explosive dribbling, and most important of all they’re not scared to shoot like so many of our current players are.

If he declines, he will have 1 year left this summer. Milan will be forced to sell.

1 minute ago, TheHulk said:

Romano saying it's not done wtf

Di marzio didn't say its done either, just that it was close. I guess there must've been a breakthrough in negotiations hence the tweet from Felix.

https://www.record.pt/futebol/futebol-nacional/liga-bwin/benfica/detalhe/enzo-fernandez-gera-bronca?ref=Benfica_BucketDestaquesPrincipais

Summary:

- Chelsea has already spent €47 million.  

- While they have offered €130m for Enzo, Chelsea is now hesitating to complete the deal, according to our Record. 

- Chelsea, who made a proposal before Christmas, believe they can bring in Enzo in the Summer as a more financially safe move.

Edited by Hashishi

5 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

https://www.record.pt/futebol/futebol-nacional/liga-bwin/benfica/detalhe/enzo-fernandez-gera-bronca?ref=Benfica_BucketDestaquesPrincipais

Summary:

- Chelsea has already spent €47 million.  

- While they have offered €130m for Enzo, Chelsea is now hesitating to complete the deal, according to our Record. 

- Chelsea, who made a proposal before Christmas, believe they can bring in Enzo in the Summer as a more financially safe move.

I feel like we have seen that film before