Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Chelsea GOES FOR EVERYTHING: IN ADDITION TO ENZO FERNÁNDEZ, SEEKS MOLINA AND MAC ALLISTER  The London club is looking for reinforcements in the hierarchy and that is why it is considering hiring the three world champions with the Argentine National Team

Boehly wants to win the World Cup

7 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

That’s how we got Franco Di Santo!! 😄

we signed him (he is Argentine though) from a Chilean club, Audax Italiano

he never played topflight ball in Argentina until 2020, with San Lorenzo, then left for Turkey in 2022, then Mexico,, and is now back in Chile starting in 2023

66814ac1117402407018dd6bac82931f.png

8 hours ago, Pizy said:

So we must surely have been told behind the scenes that Gvardiol has his sights set elsewhere next summer. Hopefully that’s Real Madrid and not one of our rivals. Would really sting if we see him playing in the PL whilst we have the far inferior player.

Keep up this good form into the knockout stages of the tournament, and Croatia might be indebted to Gvardiol for potentially reaching another final.

On a personal level, the more excellent performances he churns out, the more likely he is to be rewarded with a move away from Leipzig.

If his recent admission is anything to go by, Madrid is the location he’d love to land in.

“Real Madrid is the biggest club in the world, so who knows… maybe one day I can play there. I would like to, yes,” admitted Gvardiol when asked about the club’s apparently interested in his services.

“Luka (Modric) doesn’t have to tell me anything about Real Madrid, there’s no need. I already know everything, I know it’s the biggest club in the world and how important it is to be linked to such a team.”

That’s got to hurt if you are of a Chelsea persuasion.

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/player-quotes/biggest-club-77m-world-cup-star-says-he-wants-to-sign-for-real-madrid-after-claims-Chelsea-could-bid/

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Keep up this good form into the knockout stages of the tournament, and Croatia might be indebted to Gvardiol for potentially reaching another final.

On a personal level, the more excellent performances he churns out, the more likely he is to be rewarded with a move away from Leipzig.

If his recent admission is anything to go by, Madrid is the location he’d love to land in.

“Real Madrid is the biggest club in the world, so who knows… maybe one day I can play there. I would like to, yes,” admitted Gvardiol when asked about the club’s apparently interested in his services.

“Luka (Modric) doesn’t have to tell me anything about Real Madrid, there’s no need. I already know everything, I know it’s the biggest club in the world and how important it is to be linked to such a team.”

That’s got to hurt if you are of a Chelsea persuasion.

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/player-quotes/biggest-club-77m-world-cup-star-says-he-wants-to-sign-for-real-madrid-after-claims-Chelsea-could-bid/

Yeah, feels like we’ve missed our shot not wrapping it up last summer. That World Cup he just had really exploded his global profile. I’d be shocked if it’s anywhere other than Real Madrid. If not them, PSG.

5 hours ago, Mhsc said:

Would love to get a documentary with inside footage in the club about how transfers have been done since Boehly joined. Would honestly be one of the most interesting (and probably funny) football documentaries ever.

Probably just like Sunderland til I die. Except instead of £1m, Todd starts with £10m and goes to £70m. Probably still ends up with him lamenting after his crazy last offer is accepted that he can no longer pay the pizza guy. 

18 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yeah, feels like we’ve missed our shot not wrapping it up last summer. That World Cup he just had really exploded his global profile. I’d be shocked if it’s anywhere other than Real Madrid. If not them, PSG.

many variables, but we are not in driver's seat unless we flex NOW

IF he doesn't move this January and there is no 2024 £97.5m (€110m) release clause

then it comes down to summer 2023

and we may well have no CL to offer, which dooms us

IF there IS a 2024 release clause, then in theory we could well have CL to offer in summer 2024

BUT so many clubs will come for him and I rate 

Real Madrid (by then they will be in desperate need, likely, for a CB, especially a left-footer, Alaba will be 32, and Rudiger turns 32 three months before the end of the 2024/05 season)

Barca (they will likely have money by then to spend)

Citeh

Pool (if Klopp is still there then)

Man U

provided they all have CL to offer

as being able to outpull us (and all can afford a £97.5m pound buy, probably even Barca by then) 

not sure about PSG, I would need to know more about his feelings about Ligue 1 and France in general, but obviously money would not be an issue for them by then