Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

25 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Tbh i genuinely believe Colwill has Gvardiol level potential so i'm not too gutted about this one.

If we somehow let Enzo slip through the net however, it would be up there with Moscow in my eyes, that's how much of a gamechanging signing i believe he'll be.

Moscow? I’m assuming you meant Modrić? 🤣🤣🤣

40 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Gvardiol is sadly completely off the table with Badiashile coming in. Both are basically the same age and profile, both left footed CB’s. And we also still have Colwill who fit that same description. So we must surely have been told behind the scenes that Gvardiol has his sights set elsewhere next summer. Hopefully that’s Real Madrid and not one of our rivals. Would really sting if we see him playing in the PL whilst we have the far inferior player.

Does seem a tad coincidental that very shortly after the Badiashile links, the Enzo rumours ramped up.

I think the club might have weighed up the Enzo and Gvardiol potential deals given the money involved and decided that they can currently only afford to do one. 

I guess with that in mind, the question is going to be considering likely similar prices, would people prefer us to buy Gvardiol or Enzo?

2 minutes ago, Superblue said:

Does seem a tad coincidental that very shortly after the Badiashile links, the Enzo rumours ramped up.

I think the club might have weighed up the Enzo and Gvardiol potential deals given the money involved and decided that they can currently only afford to do one. 

I guess with that in mind, the question is going to be considering likely similar prices, would people prefer us to buy Gvardiol or Enzo?

Oooof, that’s rough. I’d probably go with Enzo just because his skill set is harder to find. There are lots of good ball playing CB’s, it’s just that Gvardiol is the standout talent at only 20 years old. Finding a CM who can control the whole game from midfield at only 21 years old doesn’t come around often.

Is it safe to say, Leao is definitely a no go now we are willing to spend soo much on Enzo!?

Word on the street is City want him although I'm not sure how he fits into their team.

29 minutes ago, DDA said:

Is it safe to say, Leao is definitely a no go now we are willing to spend soo much on Enzo!?

Word on the street is City want him although I'm not sure how he fits into their team.

Def a no go in the winter window. If it ever was possible which I doubt. If Ziyech and Pulisic leave in the summer I absolutely think we’ll still be after him.

13 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Def a no go in the winter window. If it ever was possible which I doubt. If Ziyech and Pulisic leave in the summer I absolutely think we’ll still be after him.

Surely we can't afford another blockbuster signing within the same year... FFP will start playing its part soon enough.

4 minutes ago, DDA said:

Surely we can't afford another blockbuster signing within the same year... FFP will start playing its part soon enough.

We can probably get decent fees for those two. Plus, we’ll probably sell quite a few more. Gallagher will probably want out for lack of game time and we should be able to get a hefty fee for him. 

Don’t think it’s out of the question that we go big on Leão. Will just take some creative work by our new sporting setup.

5 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Interesting how market works.. 6 months ago, this guy played in Argentina, wasn't even NT member, Benfica bought him for 10 million. Now we are ready to pay 100-120 million which would mean tons of playing time for hime. 

Last summer, we payed 40 million for Casedei and Chukwuemeka. Why we didn't sign Enzo back then? Aren't we scouting in South America? He was available for 10.. If we signed him, he would probably on loan now, not even make it into national team. 

He was first called up for the Argie senior national team 14 months ago, on 3 November 2021. Did not play though.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enzo_Fernández

On 24 July 2019, Fernández was selected by the Argentina U18s manager Esteban Solari to represent his nation at the 2019 COTIF Tournament in Spain. On 3 November 2021, he was called up by Argentina national team manager Lionel Scaloni for two 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifiers against Brazil and Uruguay. He made his senior team debut on 24 September 2022, by coming on as a 64th-minute substitute for Leandro Paredes in a 3–0 win against Honduras.

23 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

If we don't sign Enzo now, this forum is going to be unbearable to read 🤣

I haven't watched Enzo so I haven't caught the fever. If we don't get him I'll be fine. 🙂

The deals about which I'd most like to hear some updates are Arsen Zakharyan and a backup RB.

I had heard, and have posted several times here to say, that, when we were in for Bellingham before he choose BVB, he was invited to visit the club but declined. I've just read that in fact he did visit Stamford Bridge. Not much consolation but at least he didn't just dismiss us out of hand. (Of course if he hadn't said no he'd be a European Champion by now. 🙂)

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

Seeing reporting that MacAlister could be an alternative to Enzo if that doesn’t materialize. Which doesn’t make much sense to me as they play pretty different roles. Enzo plays deeper whilst MacAllister is more of a #10. The latter would more suit the Mason Mount role.

Caicedo and Rice as alternatives to Enzo make much more sense. MacAllister should be targeted in addition to Enzo if a couple of our current midfielders go.