Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

IF there is no tax liability and those reports were bullshit

then I do buy into the possibility we may be offering more than the  €120m realise clause in order to get favourable repayment terms

it also could be both things combined

potential (I have no clue how much over the 120 euros we are prepared to offer) Enzo price

22e9fee199746acc1c08d2740060c87b.png

potential Bellingham price

684c3946a6053fecba27dd19e2406dde.png

Enzo age: soon 22,  Date of birth 17 January 2001 (age 21)

Jude age: 19, 2 and a half years younger,  Date of birth 29 June 2003 (age 19)

Salary for Jude will likely be 33-50% or so higher than for Enzo, I am guessing

so, over a 7 year contract, potentially £55m to £85m more for Jude (VERY rough numbers) in terms of salary

35 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I disagree.

Rice is largely playing in a dumbed down counter attack system where abilities on the ball aren't particularly important let alone crucial. Here he's going to be expected to start attack and break lines in the build up. For example, how often if atall has Rice initiated attacks the way Jorginho did for our first goal yesterday?

Also look the previous defensive minded players who shone in Moyes' compact underdog system but looked lost when they made the step up. Gravesen and Lescott the two big examples. Heck his system is so helpful towards defensive minded players even Tony Hibbert had a decade long PL career.

He absolutely does have the potential to be a bust, "PL proven" or not.

Meh. He’s no Fabregas or even Jorginho at controlling the entire match from midfield but I think Rice gets wrongfully shit on for his ability on the ball. He’s not spectacular but more than good enough.

I’ll put it this way, if we are playing against a very athletic, quick team like for example Liverpool or Arse I’d much rather have Rice in the middle of the pitch for us than Jorginho. Much safer defensively and don’t lose much if anything when in possession.

17 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Meh. He’s no Fabregas or even Jorginho at controlling the entire match from midfield but I think Rice gets wrongfully shit on for his ability on the ball. He’s not spectacular but more than good enough.

I’ll put it this way, if we are playing against a very athletic, quick team like for example Liverpool or Arse I’d much rather have Rice in the middle of the pitch for us than Jorginho. Much safer defensively and don’t lose much if anything when in possession.

To be honest just the other day Rice was at fault for all three goals against Arsenal. 

26 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Why not have someone that can do both? Rodri and Fabinho both contribute defensively and to breaking lines. Why not have a more mobile version of Jorginho?

28 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Jorginho has actually always played very well against Liverpool, with the exception of the 5-3 under Frank.

I actually kept a close eye on Rice this World Cup especially purely for the reason of trying to convince myself I'm missing something and I was horrified with his positional sense while England were in possesion, he was literally hiding behind an opposition forward while Stones and Maguire were trying to play out, if he had blonde hair I could have quite easily mistook him for McTominay (who does the same thing).

Only way his transfer will work is if we change our system to a more counter attack which will in turn make the task of eventually competing with City even harder than it already is.

2 hours ago, whats happening said:

i am really confused about the badiashile signing...i guess colwill is worse than expected.

Chelsea already have centre-back option under their nose who could save them £100m

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1714211/Chelsea-transfer-news-Graham-Potter-Benoit-Badiashile-Josko-Gvardiol-Levi-Colwill

Chelsea have made it no secret that they are in the market for central defenders - which may leave academy graduate Levi Colwill scratching his head and questioning his worth to the club. The Blues refused to let the defender leave permanently over the summer but do not appear to be forming a plan that includes the 19-year-old.

Colwill was one of the standout stars of the Championship last season at Huddersfield, with many quickly recognising that the centre-back is an England international in waiting. Several sides were interested in signing the teenage sensation over the summer after the Blues decided to invest in more experienced defenders, with Southampton and Crystal Palace keen.

Brighton were also interested and managed to secure his signature on a season-long loan, with Chelsea using their academy star as a sweetener in negotiations for Marc Cucurella. Graham Potter was a long-term admirer of Colwill and had actively pushed to sign the defender at the club, though the now-Chelsea manager does not appear to be confident in his services, instead looking to sign other left-sided defenders.

The Blues are closing in on AS Monaco star Benoit Badiashile in a deal worth £35million as they look to further bolster their defensive options. The club also retain a long-standing interest in RB Leipzig star Josko Gvardiol, who was one of the breakout stars of the Qatar World Cup with Croatia.

Numerous top clubs are interested in the 20-year-old, including Manchester City and Real Madrid, which could spark an immense bidding war for the defender that may see his price tag soar beyond £100m. Asked about whether Gvardiol would be worth that sum, Paul Merson said: “If Josko Gvardiol doesn't play against Lionel Messi then he could be worth that kind of money. In this day and age, there are no centre halves about either.

“It's like the world has been taken over by wingers and wing-backs. Nobody seems to be producing a centre-forward or a centre-half anymore."

Levi Colwill

If both players are signed then it would mean that there are a plethora of stars battling it out for the left-sided centre-back role in Potter’s side, with Kalidou Koulibaly also best deployed in the role. Cucurella is also in the running for the spot, with the Spaniard attempting to find form since leaving Brighton.

Colwill was willing to leave Chelsea over the summer if there was no clear pathway into the first team, and if his boyhood club continue to sign defenders then it would be no surprise to see the centre-back make a permanent exit over the summer.

However, the prospect of losing the England under-21 international could prompt Potter to alter his plans given the rave reviews he is receiving on the south coast.

4 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

Why not have someone that can do both? Rodri and Fabinho both contribute defensively and to breaking lines. Why not have a more mobile version of Jorginho?

A more mobile and athletic Jorginho is exactly what I think Rice can be for us. Jorginho contributes next to nothing in attack as it is so it’s not like we’d be losing anything by replacing one with the other. Jorginho is our recycler and deep outlet. Receive the ball off of the keeper or CB’s and make short, simple passes that are mostly sideways to the wingbacks or other midfielders.

He doesn’t do anything that Rice can’t do. He’s not Fabregas or De Bruyne or Modric who can destroy an entire defense and midfield with a single pass. The big difference is that Rice can’t be isolated and targeted defensively by every opposition manager like J5 is. He is a total Achilles heel on every counter attack.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

He doesn’t do anything that Rice can’t do. 

The day Rice can combat Real Madrid and City's midfield on the ball will be the day I agree with you. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

Report: Barcelona are trying to convince £35m player not to join Chelsea in January now

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/transfer-news/report-barcelona-are-trying-to-convince-35m-player-not-to-join-Chelsea-in-january-now/

Reports from France have claimed that Barcelona are looking to convince Benoit Badiashile to not join Chelsea during next month’s transfer window.

According to L’Equipe, the Catalan club are hoping the defender chooses to wait until next summer before he makes his big move to a European powerhouse.

Reports over Christmas weekend claimed that the Blues have made an offer to Monaco to sign the 21-year-old in January, with their bid being in the region of £35m.

Lille OSC v AS Monaco - Ligue 1

It appears as if they are currently preferring the signing to that of Josko Gvardiol.

After nearly signing the young defender during the last summer window, Blues fans were forced to watch him be arguably the best in his position at the tournament.

However, RB Leipzig have seemingly used this to their advantage, as they have begun to demand a far higher price than before for the Croatian.

Barcelona in for Badiashile

This has seemingly seen the Blues shift their focus in the market to fellow youngster Badiashile.

However, L’Equipe have claimed that the Blues will face competition from the likes of Barcelona and Manchester United if they don’t get the deal done in January.

With Thiago Silva almost certainly on the way out soon, the Blues will need to invest heavily in order to fill the void he is likely to leave in his wake.

Croatia vs Morocco: 3rd Place - FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

The Blues are also facing a number of injury issues at the back this season. Wesley Fofana recently suffered another setback after attempting to return from a problem suffered earlier in the campaign.

The treatment table is getting very busy at Stamford Bridge right now, with Reece James time off it being very brief.

He suffered another injury on his return against Bournemouth, with his comeback lasting just over half of the fixture.

Report: Chelsea want to sign £130m star and 23-year-old with Enzo Fernandez in amazing potential triple swoop

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/transfer-news/report-Chelsea-want-to-sign-130m-star-and-23-year-old-with-enzo-fernandez-in-amazing-potential-triple-swoop/

Chelsea reportedly want to sign all three of Enzo Fernandez, Jude Bellingham and Declan Rice in a potential amazing triple swoop.

According to the Evening Standard, the Blues are ready to pay Fernandez’s £105million release clause at Benfica.

Apparently, Chelsea have informed super-agent Jorge Mendes that they’re willing to meet the demands to try bring the 21-year-old to Stamford Bridge in January.

The report adds that Chelsea’s interest in the Benfica midfielder doesn’t interfere with their interest in Borussia Dortmund’s Bellingham or West Ham’s Rice.

Argentina v France: Final - FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Chelsea want Fernandez, Bellingham and Rice

This latest speculation suggests Graham Potter’s side want a huge revamp in the centre of the park.

In our view, it’ll be almost impossible to pull off a deal for the aforementioned trio in 2023, who are three of the world’s very best young central midfielders.

However, it’s excellent to see the Blues shopping at the top table.

England Training Camp

According to The Sun last week, Chelsea are among the clubs interested in signing £130million-rated star Bellingham from German side Dortmund.

Bellingham, 19, is a box-to-box midfielder already shining on the biggest stage for club and country.

In addition, 23-year-old Rice is an all-action central midfielder that’s been performing so consistently in the Premier League for several years now.

Journalist Ben Jacobs recently reported that Chelsea think they may be able to steal Rice away from rivals West Ham for £75million.

Any side that managed to sign all of Fernandez, Bellingham and Rice would have their midfield nailed for the next decade.

For us, signing just one of them would be some achievement.

17 minutes ago, Pizy said:

A more mobile and athletic Jorginho is exactly what I think Rice can be for us. Jorginho contributes next to nothing in attack as it is so it’s not like we’d be losing anything by replacing one with the other. Jorginho is our recycler and deep outlet. Receive the ball off of the keeper or CB’s and make short, simple passes that are mostly sideways to the wingbacks or other midfielders.

He doesn’t do anything that Rice can’t do. He’s not Fabregas or De Bruyne or Modric who can destroy an entire defense and midfield with a single pass. The big difference is that Rice can’t be isolated and targeted defensively by every opposition manager like J5 is. He is a total Achilles heel on every counter attack.

Dude you are delusional. He is making a living off 1 good season. His passing range is next to zero. Jorginho can make a long pass, he prefers to go short and dictate tempo. Rice can make nothing, create nothing. He is perfect for a midtable counterattacking team. This is where he shines. Our biggest mistake would be a multimillion signing for a bang average midfielder.

Cup revelation, Enzo Fernández denies transfer rumors: "I'm focused on Benfica"

The 21-year-old player draws the attention of Real Madrid and Manchester United after excelling at the World Cup in Qatar

By Ge's Staff — San Martín, Argentina

https://ge.globo.com/futebol/futebol-internacional/noticia/2022/12/26/revelacao-da-copa-enzo-fernandez-nega-rumores-de-transferencia-estou-focado-no-benfica.ghtml

Elected the revelation of the 2022 World Cup , the Argentine Enzo Fernández has been arousing the interest of many teams in Europe. However, the midfielder assured that he is focused on Benfica , his current team.

- I don't know anything about that. It's up to my agent, I don't want to get involved. I'm focused on Benfica, in a few days we have an important game. I have a flight at night to play in the game on Friday - said Enzo in a speech to a crowd in the city of San Martín, Argentina.

+ Enzo Fernández: author of the great goal for Argentina had an offer from Flamengo and won the final against Palmeiras

Enzo Fernández, from Argentina, was named the best young player of the World Cup – Photo: Reuters

The game Enzo is referring to is against Braga for the Portuguese Championship . Benfica is the leader of the competition with 37 points while Braga is in third place with 28 points.

According to the Spanish French newspaper As, Real Madrid and Manchester United are interested in Enzo. According to the Portuguese newspaper Record, Benfica rejected a proposal of 100 million euros from Liverpool for the Argentine.

The Transfermarkt website points out that the market value of Enzo Fernández is 55 million euros, about R$ 303 million. The athlete has a contract until 2027 with Benfica and was bought for 18 million euros, around R$ 98 million at the current quotation, from River Plate .

Enzo Fernández is only 21 years old and left much more valued than when he entered the World Cup in Qatar. The player started the Cup as a substitute for Paredes, but after the great goal against Mexico (watch below) he never lost his position until he lifted the cup.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Report: Chelsea want to sign £130m star and 23-year-old with Enzo Fernandez in amazing potential triple swoop

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/transfer-news/report-Chelsea-want-to-sign-130m-star-and-23-year-old-with-enzo-fernandez-in-amazing-potential-triple-swoop/

Chelsea reportedly want to sign all three of Enzo Fernandez, Jude Bellingham and Declan Rice in a potential amazing triple swoop.

According to the Evening Standard, the Blues are ready to pay Fernandez’s £105million release clause at Benfica.

Apparently, Chelsea have informed super-agent Jorge Mendes that they’re willing to meet the demands to try bring the 21-year-old to Stamford Bridge in January.

The report adds that Chelsea’s interest in the Benfica midfielder doesn’t interfere with their interest in Borussia Dortmund’s Bellingham or West Ham’s Rice.

Argentina v France: Final - FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Chelsea want Fernandez, Bellingham and Rice

This latest speculation suggests Graham Potter’s side want a huge revamp in the centre of the park.

In our view, it’ll be almost impossible to pull off a deal for the aforementioned trio in 2023, who are three of the world’s very best young central midfielders.

However, it’s excellent to see the Blues shopping at the top table.

England Training Camp

According to The Sun last week, Chelsea are among the clubs interested in signing £130million-rated star Bellingham from German side Dortmund.

Bellingham, 19, is a box-to-box midfielder already shining on the biggest stage for club and country.

In addition, 23-year-old Rice is an all-action central midfielder that’s been performing so consistently in the Premier League for several years now.

Journalist Ben Jacobs recently reported that Chelsea think they may be able to steal Rice away from rivals West Ham for £75million.

Any side that managed to sign all of Fernandez, Bellingham and Rice would have their midfield nailed for the next decade.

For us, signing just one of them would be some achievement.

I doubt we get all of them. Even Madrid took a couple of seasons to put tchou, valverde and camavinga together. Like you say, signing 1 ( please not rice) would be exceptional from us. Enzo + Bellingham would put us in a really good position but I'm convinced the latter is going to Madrid. He is the only superstar availible this summer and they or City will snap him up, unless he has a preference for somewhere like Liverpool due to style of play or not wanting to make the step up to Madrid so soon.