Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

I didn't realise Yann Sommer's a free agent next summer.

We should be all over that.

In Germany he is routinely described by three words - klein, alt, Schweizer. He is one of the smallest keepers I know at under 6ft and turns 34 next year.

Tbh he is ok, capable of sublime saves but also of the most terrible howlers. Overall not someone you would like to rely on. If you think Kepa is a rollercoaster, Yann Sommer is basically the father of all Kepas. His lack of reach is omnipresent. Would not touch him with a vulcano glove.

So that's it for Endrick. Everyone is in for Goncalo Ramos now he scored a hattrick in WC finals. Bellingham probably isn't going to choose us. 

Time to focus on signings from Swedish 5th division where our manager has some pull.

19 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

So that's it for Endrick. Everyone is in for Goncalo Ramos now he scored a hattrick in WC finals. Bellingham probably isn't going to choose us. 

Time to focus on signings from Swedish 5th division where our manager has some pull.

It's a crazy investment for someone who wouldn't be joining for two years. We have more pressing issues than that.

You don't need "pull" when you have a solid scouting system. Just ask Benfica & Enzo.

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

It's a crazy investment for someone who wouldn't be joining for two years. We have more pressing issues than that.

You don't need "pull" when you have a solid scouting system. Just ask Benfica & Enzo.

Benfica have pull though. Arguably rhe best team in Portugal whose language many South Americans speak, excellent record of developing players and CL every year. Have I missed anything?

We will most likely be our of CL next year based on form. All of our Portuguese and Spanish speaking players are leaving next summer or the one after. Our record of developing players is dismal at best, apart from Hazard who went on to flop at Real.

Embarrassing to say but even Benfica have more pull for South American talent than us.

Edited by Hashishi

Remember when we signed Ballack? I bet a buttload of clubs were after him that summer, yet he chose us. That is what really pull is. That is what Boehly lost us in one summer. That is what Potter will never have. Player like Ballack will never play for a transition club like were are now. The risk is to perpetually always be stuck in transition like ManUre.

1 hour ago, Hashishi said:

Remember when we signed Ballack? I bet a buttload of clubs were after him that summer, yet he chose us. That is what really pull is. That is what Boehly lost us in one summer. That is what Potter will never have. Player like Ballack will never play for a transition club like were are now. The risk is to perpetually always be stuck in transition like ManUre.

We've literally as good as signed one of Europe's hot propertys and got arguably the world's best young defender saying he's seriously considering us.

3 hours ago, Hashishi said:

How did Boehly lose this in one summer? Ballack was 15 years ago. We were on the decline for a long time and in need of a transition period. Last elite signing was probably Kante in 16 and even that was out of the blue. Have to go back to Eden in 12 to find the last genuine signing where we jumped the market on a surefire superstar.

We've lucked out we have a superstar (Reece) and a decent workhorse (Mount) who came through the academy. But otherwise - the very top prospects haven't considered Chelsea as an option in years. The Havertz/Werner 2020 window was an anomaly given most clubs were not active in the market during COVID crisis.

8 hours ago, Hashishi said:

But United have still retained their 'pull' for big players and look at where it's got them. I'd even argue the likes of Pogba, Schweinsteiger, Varane, Ronaldo, etc have damaged the balance of the team at times and been more of a hindrance than a help. 

I was a huge fan of Ballack, but it must also be noted that bringing in him and Shevchenko at the time did provide more questions than answers as to striking the right balance to the side and how to fit everyone in. Both joined a double title winning side, and we then didn't win it again for 4 years after this.

The key is good, clever recruitment, rebuilding the team from the ground up. There are players out there that will jump at the chance to join us and in turn have the right attributes to benefit us too. The bulk of players that Liverpool and City have recruited in recent years under Klopp and Pep are ones which would be achievable to sign for us, with most coming from 'mid-tier' clubs, but our recruitment/scouting has been poor for years and regular managerial changes has always left our squad completely unbalanced and strengthening in the wrong areas at the wrong times.

Players like Bellingham and Endrick wouldn't have joined us even if Roman and Tuchel were still at the club. The lack of stability here makes us unattractive to top young talents compared to alternatives. The key as @OhForAGreavsiementioned the other day is to lay the groundwork for us in 3, 4, 5 years' time to be in a position to attract that type of player in the future, and I don't necessarily mean the Bellingham now but the Bellingham at Birmingham before he moved to Dortmund. I do believe, given time, that the new ownership has a more structured long-term plan than Roman ever had or even desired, which will hopefully serve the club well in years to come.

11 hours ago, Hashishi said:

Ettan Fotboll

third tier here in Sweden

that is where Potter started with Östersunds

AIK's (the team we follow here in Stockholm) next game is versus Östersunds in the Svenska Cupen

AIK:

6864.png

aik-2021-130th-anniversary-kit-2.jpg

EusHkLkXMAYHIh6?format=jpg&name=large

17 hours ago, Hashishi said:

Benfica have pull though. Arguably rhe best team in Portugal whose language many South Americans speak, excellent record of developing players and CL every year. Have I missed anything?

We will most likely be our of CL next year based on form. All of our Portuguese and Spanish speaking players are leaving next summer or the one after. Our record of developing players is dismal at best, apart from Hazard who went on to flop at Real.

Embarrassing to say but even Benfica have more pull for South American talent than us.

Please re-read what I said and point out where I mentioned SA. I'll wait...

Have you seen our academy in recent years and those that have made the step up to the first team? Did they "develop" elsewhere and then magically appear across the EPL?

The less I say about embarrassing opinions, the better.

We're under new ownership & are clearly going in a different direction, so the past has little to no relevance to what's to come.

2 hours ago, Jype said:

Swap deal for Pulisic or Ziyech, who says no? 

I'd rather keep Puli or Ziyech to be honest. 

Sancho of Dortmund, in a heartbeat. 

Sancho of United, hell no.