Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

We sign Alvarez in January, or if we sign him at all, I will lose all faith in the direction these 'date driven' recruitment team are taking us. 

Saw his metrics back in August. He's a sideways passer and his progressive passes are a  minimum. Jorginho embarrasses him in progressive passes and that is utterly pathetic. Look at his performance against Liverpool and Napoli. His first touch is reminiscence of Bakayoko and was completely out paced. He's slower than my nan. 

Yeah. We buy him in January we have a lot to worry about moving forward. 

Nkunku is pretty much a done deal, correct? 

This is a step in the right direction. He is quality. We do need a front man though, as I see Nkunku switching between winger and up front. 

Midfield should be the entire focus. Havertz and Sterling can be made to look good if we build the midfield. They are quality players, and the reality is we aren't great in the middle of the park. 

41 minutes ago, Vesper said:

yet another target who, if we buy them, will yield ONE full sub 30yo season for us

smdh

He is a good player currently in the form of his life but I doubt he will be able to play with the same freedom here even with GP as coach. Also this might very well just be a purple patch. If he is the calibre of player we are going for in the future, I will be deeply disappointed. He adds nothing new except hitting the target atm (a skill which rapidly deteriorates in every attacker who joins us) and solves none of our problems in offense.

Sanctioning a move for Trossard would be idiotic…. Unless he’s been a target for a while which I doubt. Mainly for 3 reasons:

1) the guys in a good patch but this happens every time a player does well at a smaller club in the PL and all of a sudden their linked with club X, Y and Z, then fizzles out

2) our names in there because he has played under Potter before,

3) he likely isn’t any better than any of the others we have in that position that aren't good enough ie Ziyech and Pulisic. 

Plus he’s just gonna end up playing as a wingback like he mainly did under Potter at Brighton at the beginning of the season, isn’t he? This would be even more unacceptable. I mean we have two good LWBs as it is who aren’t being played there because of some braindead decision to utilise Sterling there. It is baffling.

Since moving to an attacking position under their new manager, he’s scored more goals. So any sort of reunion - would be ill fated in my eyes. For both player and manager. 

6 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Sanctioning a move for Trossard would be idiotic…. Unless he’s been a target for a while which I doubt. Mainly for 3 reasons:

1) the guys in a good patch but this happens every time a player does well at a smaller club in the PL and all of a sudden their linked with club X, Y and Z, then fizzles out

2) our names in there because he has played under Potter before,

3) he likely isn’t any better than any of the others we have in that position that aren't good enough ie Ziyech and Pulisic. 

Plus he’s just gonna end up playing as a wingback like he mainly did under Potter at Brighton at the beginning of the season, isn’t he? This would be even more unacceptable. I mean we have two good LWBs as it is who aren’t being played there because of some braindead decision to utilise Sterling there. It is baffling.

Since moving to an attacking position under their new manager, he’s scored more goals. So any sort of reunion - would be ill fated in my eyes. For both player and manager. 

Might just be a depth signing (Trossard in, Ziyech out) to help get a good deal for Caicedo in the process!    

We've done it before with Drinkwater & Kante from Leicester

4 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Might just be a depth signing (Trossard in, Ziyech out) to help get a good deal for Caicedo in the process!    

We've done it before with Drinkwater & Kante from Leicester

Yeah and look how Drinkwater turned out. Useless. Big wages. Took how long to shift him? If thats part of the logic then its even more laughable. 

We shouldn't just sign players for the sake of it. Its not FIFA, or FM, its real life and making transfers that aren’t strategic or won’t contribute on the pitch is idiotic to say the least. Why do you think we have been so far behind Liverpool and City as it is? It would just continue to make Todd Boehly look clueless in the eyes of a lot of people - myself included.

If the club and manager want Caicedo - just go and buy him. Its that simple. We already have Cucurella and Graham Potter in the building so going for another Brighton player (who wouldn't improve us anyway) is just a waste of time, effort and money. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

15 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I see us only getting better. The WC will also effect some teams in the second half of the season adversely. Hopefully not us. 

Why not us, our players are already falling apart, why would it be better after WC?