Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

So, looks like our window will end with Auba and Alvarez. 

If so, I’d give this window overall a solid 8/10. Solved MOST of our issues in one transfer window. Would’ve been perfect if we would’ve signed another young attacker who is a source of goals and also a striker that’s more than just a stopgap.

19 minutes ago, Marvin123 said:

Florian #Grillitsch to @AFCAjax. @SkySport #Ajax

A DM going to Ajax...

Eredivisie transfer deadline was yesterday. 

Just saw he is a free agent. My bad. 

Edited by LegenTerry

4 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Gerrard hinted last night that Douglas Luiz might go if a bid came in as he's not agreeing on a new contract that currently expires next summer.

Possibly one to look out for today as a midfield option seeing as the bulk of our recruitment this summer has centred around players with Premier League experience.

and they are talking about only £15m or so, for a proven EPL DMF who is also good on the ball

versus €50m or so for donkey league plow horses

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

and they are talking about only £15m or so, for a proven EPL DMF who is also good on the ball

versus €50m or so for donkey league plow horses

It’s beyond me esp as Douglas Luiz could just replace jorgi one for one and be an upgrade on almost every aspect of the game

As critical as I am of Jorginho, his passing is probably better than that of Alvarez

i just hope TT does not plan on playing both, Jorginho and Alvarez

1 minute ago, Hermione said:

Finishing on our knees getting an injured Auba, a crap farmer midfielder and failed to ever get Gvardiol, Boehly masterclass, peak pathetic. I honestly don't even care for this season anymore, almost certainly will end in agony.

gvariol we can make it next year

we need at least one more winger and a creative midfielder

despite that we improve some areas (chilwell backup), forfana and kk and sterling

miss a world class striker sadly 

How is Douglas Luiz better? Only thing better is his price. Villa have been hyped so much over the past 3 years and have done absolutely nothing. Alvarez might be playing in the Eredivisie, but he also has games in the CL and he is a champion. The winning mentality should not be overlooked!  

56 minutes ago, Pizy said:

So, looks like our window will end with Auba and Alvarez. 

If so, I’d give this window overall a solid 8/10. Solved MOST of our issues in one transfer window. Would’ve been perfect if we would’ve signed another young attacker who is a source of goals and also a striker that’s more than just a stopgap.

Means Ziyech stays. No replacement for him

6 minutes ago, lluubbeenn said:

How is Douglas Luiz better? Only thing better is his price. Villa have been hyped so much over the past 3 years and have done absolutely nothing. Alvarez might be playing in the Eredivisie, but he also has games in the CL and he is a champion. The winning mentality should not be overlooked!  

A champion of eredivisie and some Mexican cups, big deal. 
looks like a South American Jon obi Mikel to me. Not that a mikel would not help us but we need someone who can defend and do a bit of playmaking or we will improve in some and get worse in other aspects 

19 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Finishing on our knees getting an injured Auba, a crap farmer midfielder and failed to ever get Gvardiol, Boehly masterclass, peak pathetic. I honestly don't even care for this season anymore, almost certainly will end in agony.

Cry cry if you are Better than boehly show me your bank account probably you live from bank loan 🤣

stfu boehly and Clearlake capital and eghbali are your fuckers . Don’t break our balls. We spent 300m£ in one summer if you not satisfied in our cojones.

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Wonder if City signing Akanji spells the end of their interest in Gvardiol, thus making our path to him for next season easier? They now have Dias, Laporte, Stones, Aké, and Akanji. Surely they don’t need another CB? Hope what Fabrizio said the other day was true and we lock him down now so we don’t have to worry about it next summer. We saw this window how insane the CB market is.

Akanji is a right footer

I see Citeh selling one of these 3 next summer if they make a move for Gvardiol

Laporte, Stones, Aké

Stones is a righty, the other 2 lefties

look at the ages as well

Laporte and Stones turn 29yo in May

Ake turns 29yo 8 months later, in the middle of next season

summer 2023 is the last window before that 30yo and up valuation crash (and tbh, for me, it already has started)

if you buy them next season, for instance, a 5 year contract (expiring in June 2028) means Stones  and Laporte are 34yo at the end of it, so it's basically dead money

Ake turns 34yo 7 and a half months after his 5 years would end

you are paying huge money for CB's playing at 31, 32, 33yo (not every CB is Thiago, not even close, many are on a serious downward slide after 31, 32yo which is what scares me about KK)

2732ad94f7525f683c608a02bc55d4c6.png