Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

A 30 yr old Aubameyang, I could see some sense in getting.

But at 33 years of age, he's going to be far less effective in this league. He won't have the pressing energy of Werner/Havertz. And is he okay with being a squad option?

Would be just better to ask for a loan move, instead of a full fledged transfer.

Are we really going to stick with him past this season?

10 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

A 30 yr old Aubameyang, I could see some sense in getting.

But at 33 years of age, he's going to be far less effective in this league. He won't have the pressing energy of Werner/Havertz. And is he okay with being a squad option?

Would be just better to ask for a loan move, instead of a full fledged transfer.

Are we really going to stick with him past this season?

You think Barca would allow this? They want to get rid his wage lol.

1 hour ago, shrenshah said:

Koulibaly at 31 seemed like a bad transfer but i could be wrong

Auba at 33 is crazy..rather get goals guranteed ronaldo

There's a reason why literally all the top coaches in Europe stayed clear of Ronaldo this summer. I don't want him even if he has a 20-goal season - it would be at a great cost to the team set up. Ronaldo may have scored 18 goals last season but United collectively scored much lesser than the season before - despite adding Sancho, Varane and in general having a better team. He just doesn't press and we've watched this with Lukaku last year - cannot take more of it

r/soccer - Pressures per 90 among Premier League forwards with a minimum of 270 minutes played in 21/22 [The Athletic, stats from Statsbomb via FBref]

14 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

If we consider Trev only capable of palying RCB and bring in Fofana, fine we can loan him but that still does not help us with us with the problem at ccb and lcb.

Didn't Trev play mostly LCB on loan at Lorient? I could be wrong.

15 hours ago, blahblahblah said:

I have not? 

I have proven that Lukaku is one of the best goal scorers around and definitely has a better track record than auba in the near past 

I have proven that my nick has got nothing to do with my opinion as you had so vehemently suggested in your first take.

At the end of it all, nothing, nothing makes sense about this transfer. It's one problem for another. Both players were good strikers (one of them still in prime, another definitely past it). One of them of 30 years old, another 33 and relies far more on pace. Giving auba a 3 year deal while paying him astronomical wages as well as paying Barca 30m€ and helping them in their crisis is one of the instances of the worst pieces of business out there in the footballing world. 

Also, i would really like to know your source. Because as per transfermarkt, auba has scored only 68 PL goals. So need to check your facts BEFORE doing any maths mate.

My problem with your opinion is your saying lukaku is in his prime? 100m striker that scored 8 goals last season!! If that's his prime then fml not to mention the fact he didn't want to be hear. I don't 100% agree with the auba signing but, and it's a big BUT if TT can get him firing he will guarantee goals there is no denying that. His legs might not be what they used to be but have you actually watched us play? We camp in the opposition half, we aint the counter attacking side we used to be, we pile men forward and dominate the oppositions half she he doesn't need that pace he once had, we are after him for his finishing which none can deny is brilliant he's also a very smart player in and around the box, he will press he can pass and he's good in the air. Yes the price is high but we have just paid 62m for a LWB. We need goals to come from somewhere and I can tell you kai havertz is not the answer, Mount and sterling will get goals but not enough. Ronaldo is a deffo no no he's a moody arrogant cunt he's also older than auba and won't cost much less. I no you are not a fan of auba can you honestly say in this team and the way we play he won't score more than lukaku did with only 8 goals? 

Wonder what happens with Kai if we sign Auba. And likewise Broja’s desire to stay. At 33, Auba will surely only move here if he’s promised a starting role and to be the main man. Otherwise, why leave Barca? If he’s going to be rotated all the time and be a squad player he may as well do that in sunny Barcelona.

Of course when you’re at a huge club you expect competition for your place, but Kai was probably thinking to himself “finally, I have the chance to be the main man up front with Lukaku gone,” and now he’ll be riding the bench more often than not?

13 hours ago, Stats said:

No matter how badly we need a striker, spending over £20m on a striker who is 33 and his last season in England was poor, is just poor, poor business. Not also that, Barcelona are struggling financially and still have not registered all their players. These factors should be used to our leverage. This is also a stop gap signing. We keep mugging ourselves off honestly. They also got him for a free from Arsenal and suddenly for Barca to have a cheek to get him on a free then within a few months sell him for £25m is is poor business. If this is true, then whoever is giving the greenlight to these deals needs regular checking on the levels of intoxication.

Barca did get him for free technically but surely there was a big signing in fee? Problem is these days 20m is the new 5m and it will get worse before it gets better. The prices these days for players are going through the roof, it's a well known fact the Premier league revenue is massive and the other leagues no our teams have all the money, so they can ask for high prices and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

There's a reason why literally all the top coaches in Europe stayed clear of Ronaldo this summer. I don't want him even if he has a 20-goal season - it would be at a great cost to the team set up. Ronaldo may have scored 18 goals last season but United collectively scored much lesser than the season before - despite adding Sancho, Varane and in general having a better team. He just doesn't press and we've watched this with Lukaku last year - cannot take more of it

r/soccer - Pressures per 90 among Premier League forwards with a minimum of 270 minutes played in 21/22 [The Athletic, stats from Statsbomb via FBref]

Worth noting despite his issues with Arteta last season, Aubameyang is on that list in a reasonable mid table position with a very good pressure stat.

29 minutes ago, Kong said:

My problem with your opinion is your saying lukaku is in his prime? 100m striker that scored 8 goals last season!! If that's his prime then fml not to mention the fact he didn't want to be hear. I don't 100% agree with the auba signing but, and it's a big BUT if TT can get him firing he will guarantee goals there is no denying that. His legs might not be what they used to be but have you actually watched us play? We camp in the opposition half, we aint the counter attacking side we used to be, we pile men forward and dominate the oppositions half she he doesn't need that pace he once had, we are after him for his finishing which none can deny is brilliant he's also a very smart player in and around the box, he will press he can pass and he's good in the air. Yes the price is high but we have just paid 62m for a LWB. We need goals to come from somewhere and I can tell you kai havertz is not the answer, Mount and sterling will get goals but not enough. Ronaldo is a deffo no no he's a moody arrogant cunt he's also older than auba and won't cost much less. I no you are not a fan of auba can you honestly say in this team and the way we play he won't score more than lukaku did with only 8 goals? 

Dear god. 😒

1 minute ago, Kong said:

Dear God what. You denying the fact lukaku cost 100m n scored 8 goals or just the fact auba will score more.

Dear god the fact, that no where have I said that we should bring back Lukaku. But auba is NOT the answer to our issues. Auba is not the answer to anything other than another striker added to the list of has Beens that we took a punt on. 

Pato, Falcao, higuain, etoo. None of them worked. Auba is just another one for that list, a has been who will struggle in one of the most fast paced leagues in the world. 

I did not want lukaku to be here when the season started, but if the alternative is spending 30m on a 33 year old has been, i will take Lukaku and all his problems gladly. 

You don't cover up a mistake with another mistake. We will end up having 2 useless strikers on heavy and high wages. 

Dear god, please understand the point being made instead of arguing against some hypotheticals. 

Even if you remove the 30m, auba is still not a good fit. We saw at arsenal that he has lost some pace and a lot of energy. He can't be anywhere near the levels we need for our pressing game. Kai may not score goals, but that does not mean you buy anyone off the market. Auba does NOT make us better. It's going to end up just like higuain, only worse as its a permanent transfer and we are going to be stuck with him