Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

15 hours ago, Vesper said:

Report: 27-year-old could return to Chelsea earlier than expected this summer

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/loan-watch/report-27-year-old-could-return-to-Chelsea-earlier-than-expected-this-summer/

AC Milan could terminate the loan deal for Tiemoue Bakayoko at the end of the season as the Chelsea loanee is struggling to make an impact in Serie A, according to Calciomercato.

The 27-year-old returned to San Siro on a two-year loan last summer, having previously spent a season on loan at the club in 2018/19.

Bakayoko had repeatedly spoken about his desire to be back playing at the club, but his dream move has not gone the way he would have hoped.

So far, he has only made 17 appearances for Milan this season, mostly as a substitute, and had just five starts in Serie A.

Crop depressed black woman at home

Shocking news, who could've seen that coming. 

1 minute ago, milka said:

I am against announcing transfers before the end of the season - this upsets the team

If he were an integral, super important player for the club I’d agree. But he plays so sporadically that I don’t think it’ll affect the team much.

If Rüdiger for example announces during the season that he’s off that could be bad.

36 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Clown car car contractual management yet again. Parting gifts from Marina and the board.

If Rudiger leaves on a free as well, we are so fucked. 

The Rüdiger negotiations I can agree look terrible. World class CB, leader in the dressing room, one of our most important players. Just give him what he’s worth.

But AC in the other hand was right in the verge of signing his new contract months ago. He was apparently totally satisfied to sign. Then his agent probably got in his ear and turned his head. Plus, it’s actually understandable from his perspective to go to Barca where he’ll likely start more than he does here.

Chelsea don't want to lose 2 defenders in the same window for free, and aren't willing to let Azpilicueta join Barcelona. If Chelsea trigger the 1 year option clause in his contract, Barcelona will give up pursuing him. 

Araujo has rejected Barcelona's first offer of a contract extension. Manchester United and Chelsea are monitoring the situation.

Edited by Blues Forever

18 hours ago, Vesper said:

Clown car car contractual management yet again. Parting gifts from Marina and the board.

If Rudiger leaves on a free as well, we are so fucked. 

Pre-Tuchel did you honestly want either Rüdiger or Christensen to sign extensions? If either of them signed new deals under Lampard while playing some of the worst football of their careers, a lot of people would've been up in arms about rewarding mediocrity yet again.

Tuchel came in and both started looking good, but surely you'd want to wait a while before even thinking of starting contract negotiations to make sure it's not just a rare purple patch and then revert back to their previous level with a new high-paid five year deal in their pockets? After the 2020/21 season the cards were already firmly in the hands of the players with less than a year remaining but before then I wouldn't have considered it good business to hand either of them new deals so the situation is just really unfortunate. 

4 minutes ago, Jype said:

Pre-Tuchel did you honestly want either Rüdiger or Christensen to sign extensions? If either of them signed new deals under Lampard while playing some of the worst football of their careers, a lot of people would've been up in arms about rewarding mediocrity yet again.

Tuchel came in and both started looking good, but surely you'd want to wait a while before even thinking of starting contract negotiations to make sure it's not just a rare purple patch and then revert back to their previous level with a new high-paid five year deal in their pockets? After the 2020/21 season the cards were already firmly in the hands of the players with less than a year remaining but before then I wouldn't have considered it good business to hand either of them new deals so the situation is just really unfortunate. 

Rudiger was good under Sarri. Lampard is a horrid defence organiser. Not fair to judge defenders under him.

37 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Rudiger was good under Sarri. Lampard is a horrid defence organiser. Not fair to judge defenders under him.

He was decent but nowhere near world class level. At no point in the first 3,5 years of Rüdiger's time at the club did any of us think 'damn that Rüdiger is one of the best defenders in the world, we must keep him at all costs'. He played under three different managers and his peak was nowhere near the level he's now shown under Tuchel's management, I sure as hell wouldn't have shed a single tear if he'd been sold at any point pre-Tuchel arrival. 

Anyway, that still doesn't answer my question. Before summer 2021, based on their performances since coming to the club in summer 2017 would you have chosen to extend either Rüdiger or Christensen contracts?

4 hours ago, Jype said:

He was decent but nowhere near world class level. At no point in the first 3,5 years of Rüdiger's time at the club did any of us think 'damn that Rüdiger is one of the best defenders in the world, we must keep him at all costs'. He played under three different managers and his peak was nowhere near the level he's now shown under Tuchel's management, I sure as hell wouldn't have shed a single tear if he'd been sold at any point pre-Tuchel arrival. 

Anyway, that still doesn't answer my question. Before summer 2021, based on their performances since coming to the club in summer 2017 would you have chosen to extend either Rüdiger or Christensen contracts?

depends on who we got to replace them back then