Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

You will be surprised...

If CP is injured at the start of the season then I can see Mount playing in the left. If he's fit I don't think Mason is in our strongest XI assuming Havertz signs. He'll still start plenty of game obviously.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If CP is injured at the start of the season then I can see Mount playing in the left. If he's fit I don't think Mason is in our strongest XI assuming Havertz signs. He'll still start plenty of game obviously.

If the long term plan is to play 4-3-3, then one of the midfield slots is more than readily available for Mount. 

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

If the long term plan is to play 4-3-3, then one of the midfield slots is more than readily available for Mount. 

True. But only if we sell someone in there, I think. Because I can't see Kante riding the bench. He's a certain starter I think. If we buy Havertz for 80m he's starting every game. So that leaves 1 spot for Jorginho/Kova/RLC/Barkley/Mount. And Kova has been one of our best players this season playing deeper in midfield.

At least 1 needs to be sold. 

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

True. But only if we sell someone in there, I think. Because I can't see Kante riding the bench. He's a certain starter I think. If we buy Havertz for 80m he's starting every game. So that leaves 1 spot for Jorginho/Kova/RLC/Barkley/Mount. And Kova has been one of our best players this season playing deeper in midfield.

At least 1 needs to be sold. 

Out of those lot, Barkley looks the easiest to be sold. There is likely a market for him. 

4 hours ago, Alabama said:

The latter is likely the possible scenario...Though I hate to say this Alonso might end up staying...we have lots of deals to close getting 2LBs might not be that feasible...

I don't think why feasibility would be an issue. Financially, we barely need to invest. If we can offload both emerson (highly rumored to inter) and alonso. Then should not be much of an issue. We can make one of our weakest areas as a consistent source of threat and defensively good. 

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Now get Banhrama to replace Willian please.

Nah, I am not sold on him after watching Brentford's last five games. Watkins is Brentford's best attacker. Banhrama is flashy on the ball but goes missing for large chucks of every game. Can see him pulling a Taarbat when he moves up a league. 

32 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

I don't think why feasibility would be an issue. Financially, we barely need to invest. If we can offload both emerson (highly rumored to inter) and alonso. Then should not be much of an issue. We can make one of our weakest areas as a consistent source of threat and defensively good. 

Offloading players is not as easy you think, especially with the wages we're paying them. We'll be lucky to get rid of 1. Emerson is the likeliest to depart. Still young, surprisingly in demand before the covid situation and the coach doesn't trust him one bit.

2 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

Offloading players is not as easy you think, especially with the wages we're paying them. We'll be lucky to get rid of 1. Emerson is the likeliest to depart. Still young, surprisingly in demand before the covid situation and the coach doesn't trust him one bit.

Nothing is easy, but does not mean it's not possible. We would not have been looking for a mega deal for chillwell if we were not sure to offload atleast one of alonso/emerson. 

But given that we will be buying reguilon (hopefully) at less than half of what chilwell would have cost us, it makes financial sense to back it up and make it more solid. With the fixture congestion, players are not going to be able to play week in week out and particularly this year is going to be crazy. If we are actually able to pull it off, then we should. And I feel, it's very much possible 

Everyone says sell the following: 

Batsh*t, Barkley, Emerson, Kepa, Drinky, Baka, AC, Zappa and Baba

And then you have a mixture of people who say sell: 

Jorgi, Alonso, Zouma, Rudi and Kante

The problem however is wages, with the exception of Emerson (reported £40k a week) and Zouma all of those players are on wages way too high for their ability. 

For me, we have four categories that these players fall into: 

Cat 1 - Have a decent market 

Emerson - His wages are cheap enough for most top 6 Italian sides 

Zouma - Has enough cred in the bag from his previous loans to be able to sell

Barkley - A bit of a push due to £100k a week wages, but due to his nationality and physical strength may just be able to convince someone

Cat 2 - Absolutely no chance we will find a buyer

Kepa - £170k a week makes him a top 10 paid GK in the world. Plus he was brought for £72m. At best we may find a loan where we have to pay his wages.

Drinky - No explanation needed. Likely to have either alcohol problems and/or mental health problems. 

Baba - Reportedly on £60k a week. Chronic injury problems. 

Zappa - I actually think he is an ok player. However, high wage (£70k a week) plus ACL injury means he is a no go for anyone. 

Cat 3 - Very small market 

AC - Will not be wanted by any PL team. Earns £70k+. Rated at £30m+ by club. Only team that may still rate him in that region (at a push) is Gladbach. 

Kante - Had bad injuries for a year now. Very high earner (£150-£300k depending on what source you want to believe) only market is PSG as the other top 5 European clubs do not want him/or do not have the finances this year. 

Jorgi - Would have to go back to Italy, unless Pep still wants him. Only clubs that he would fit are Juve and Napoli. Napoli do not have the finances after buying. Juve have too many midfielders on high wages. 

Alonso - Inter are the only team where he would make sense. They have already laid out a sizable amount on a RBand seem to insanely being giving Utd a reprieveon Sanchez. Seem to not being getting Martinez money this Summer. 

Cat 4 - The players have unrealistic views on their ability level and who they should be playing for. 

Batsh*t - Seems to think a team like WHU are beneath him so that rules out mid table PL sides. Also refuses to go back to Belgium (from reports.) High wage of £110k will not be provided outside of England. 

Baka - Apparently only wants Milan. Milan do not have the cash to pay him £110k a week. Also, fee would be prohibitive for them, hence way they past last Summer. 

Rudi - Seems to be someone very happy to be at Chelsea. Cannot see him moving anywhere unless it is someone of a similar level or higher. Not going to happen. 

That for me, means the only ones that we may be able to shift are: 

Emerson, Barkley and Zouma (however, he isn't really a CB that is first in line to be culled.) 

Then we have outside chances of: Kante (losing him is a risk owing to the make up of our side), Jorgi, AC (if Gladbach have cash or are willing to swap a player) and Alonso (if Inter have more cash that what it appears.)

The rest I think we are lumbered with, with our best hope being a loan. Those in Cat 2 are pretty much a drag on finances as at best they will be loaned with subsidised wages.