Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

7 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I will never understand why self-professed Chelsea fans talk about Chelsea players in such terms. 

Fans appreciate effort. THat player's effort (or lack of) cost us atleast a chance to get a point. 

Also, people (admins even) on here call batshuayi as "bat-shit" consistently, so its hard to call me out on it. 

7 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

Fans appreciate effort. THat player's effort (or lack of) cost us atleast a chance to get a point. 

Also, people (admins even) on here call batshuayi as "bat-shit" consistently, so its hard to call me out on it. 

People who describe Michy  in that way are as wrong as you are. Frequently, when I make this point, I mention my own feelings about Chris Sutton. I was so furious the moment I heard we had signed Sutton that I very nearly threw a party 7 can through a mate's window. True story.

If I can keep my cool and stick to criticising Sutton without stepping over the line, then I think everyone can do the same for the players they don't rate.

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

People who describe Michy  in that way are as wrong as you are. Frequently, when I make this point, I mention my own feelings about Chris Sutton. I was so furious the moment I heard we had signed Sutton that I very nearly threw a party 7 can through a mate's window. True story.

If I can keep my cool and stick to criticising Sutton without stepping over the line, then I think everyone can do the same for the players they don't rate.

Fair enough

LOL @ Manure 

talking about Sancho

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/man-united-jadon-sancho-transfer-18644853

United are said to be willing to pay up to £80m to get their man, although they value him more at £50m due to the uncertain transfer market after the coronavirus.

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

5 3.86 Liter English Party Beer Cans

13 minutes ago, Vesper said:

LOL @ Manure 

talking about Sancho

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/man-united-jadon-sancho-transfer-18644853

United are said to be willing to pay up to £80m to get their man, although they value him more at £50m due to the uncertain transfer market after the coronavirus.

Sancho...50 million!? WTF are United on??

32 minutes ago, Jason said:

Sancho...50 million!? WTF are United on??

In a more realistic market its probably a correct price. Who would have thought United not wanting to overpay for someone? Plus they must be looking at Maguire and going 80m.... not making that mistake again.

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

In a more realistic market its probably a correct price. Who would have thought United not wanting to overpay for someone? Plus they must be looking at Maguire and going 80m.... not making that mistake again.

More realistic market? Unfortunately, it is 2020 and not 2010.

Just now, Jason said:

More realistic market? Unfortunately, it is 2020 and not 2010.

Yeah.

Was hoping covid would maybe reduce the fees a bit but dont think it will, probably drive prices up even more.

It is going to be ridiculous to see what someone 20 or 21 y/o, highly regarded, goes for in 5 years time though. I wish players would just sign 2 or 3 year deals and do the contract then go for free more often, I mean surely the likes of Sancho and even that Jude Bellingham now must be thinking okay 2 or 3 seasons, do well, then go back to the PL. Fuck this paying over 120m for someone who signed a 5 or 6 year deal the previous summer.... only to want to leave regardless. 

Talking of Harry Maguire in that previous post, scary fact purely because of this premium English 30-40m+ price on players, he cost more than Zidane or Luis Figo when they signed for Real and the worst part, about 12 times more than what they paid for Fabio Cannavaro. Makes me fucking sick 😂 decent player at times but not even got 10% of the talent those guys had. 

Rice is probably going to cost someone Harry Maguire money. Like £80-85m due to the length he has on his contract and his importance to WH.

Theres no chance we (or anyone else) plays that. Only him putting in a transfer request and refusing to train until he gets a move would get WH to negotiate, I think. And he doesn't seem the type to do that.

9 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Dangling the player carrot will work, this is the avenue we need to go down to get Rice here.

Who tho? Who would they want that would be sufficient? Don't see anyone wanting michy. I know Ross has been mentioned but again would they want him?

Just now, ulsterchelsea said:

Who tho? Who would they want that would be sufficient? Don't see anyone wanting michy. I know Ross has been mentioned but again would they want him?

They would pine for someone like Dross Barkley at WHU, he's perfect for them, him and Michy, ideal.

Just now, Special Juan said:

They would pine for someone like Dross Barkley at WHU, he's perfect for them, him and Michy, ideal.

Not sure mate tbh. Dross man going out as part would be harsh on them. Him and michy? That's just abuse of the transfer market

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

LOL @ Manure 

talking about Sancho

Poor little Man United, trying to compete with all those rich clubs. You've got to love a trier. 🙂