Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

21 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I doubt we will sell 11 players in one window. Plus isnt Kenedy’s contract expiring this summer? 

I think it will be a big ask to sell that many players, but if want to sign the targets above then we are going to have to sell them + more to balance the books.

Kenedy's contract is expiring in 2022 according to Transfermarkt.

17 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

Have to due tk the new rule of a max of 6 loanees. So can't have so many player's wages on our books.

Max of 6 players loaned out surely? Doesnt mean we will necessarily get rid of everyone I think there will be a few who rot in the reserves for a while.

2 hours ago, DDA said:

I think we could actually pull Oblak off but I would say get Onana or Cakir and go BIG for a CB.

Would they say no to Kepa and 55M on top? Could go either way but I would kill to have Oblak here, proper GK.

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Oblak, Havertz, Rice and LB left. 

Can we do it financially? 

Sell as many dregs as possible then maybe but a tough ask.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Max of 6 players loaned out surely? Doesnt mean we will necessarily get rid of everyone I think there will be a few who rot in the reserves for a while.

That will be a lot of unnecessary wages on our already bloated wage bill. Infact it would eat away at the transfer budget as we will have to accomodate those wages too. 

Not sure though. It's another unprecedented move from fifa, probably to stop ezactly what we do. Let's see how the club plays it.

13 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Its six over 21s I'm pretty sure.

True. But that list does not even take into account the likes of Blackman, Baker, miazga, baba rahman etc etc. Most of whom are 21+.

Point is they would probably be on lower wages and hence still keepable(?), but having bloated wages of baka, Drinkwater, Moses, batshuayi, zappacosta, kenedy on our wage bill would be hard to understand.

Just now, Tomo said:

Its six over 21s I'm pretty sure.

Thats workable then. I think we will struggle to offload everyone that is surplus to requirements on loan but if we can move say 3 or 4 on it isnt too bad. Suppose Pasalic is already going to remain with Atalanta and Morata will sign permanently at Atletico Madrid too. Kenedy has been mooted to sign for Getafe on a permanent deal too. 

2 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Would they say no to Kepa and 55M on top? Could go either way but I would kill to have Oblak here, proper GK.

Sell as many dregs as possible then maybe but a tough ask.

Oblak in my favourite team would be crazy. I never thought anyone from here would be good enough to play at the very top top level.

9 hours ago, Dec said:

Does anybody know about David Soria? He made a great save against Real Madrid recently and seems pretty tall. I don't watch La Liga that much but at 27 he could be a cheaper GK option, though it seems he had a bad game against Villarreal and conceded a penalty in the game.

ffdd0a5f93f469f6cc7f25ba000c621f.png79c656bf93be17522c4c3e1fce61c441.png1450709612c8db8535cda641770f8d76.png

Chelsea go for Oblak and offer 100 million

Sources close to the 'blues' confirm to AS that it is a priority target for Lampard. In England they point to the possibility of Kepa entering the operation.

https://as.com/futbol/2020/07/14/primera/1594705337_203404.html?id_externo_rsoc=CM_ES_TW

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

We met his (lower then but still massive, £91m at the time) release clause in 2018 and he turned us down, Alisson did as well

Now it is different. Maybe he want to change the league or new challenge and Lampard with Cech can persuade him.

2 minutes ago, jandomi10 said:

Now it is different. Maybe he want to change the league or new challenge and Lampard with Cech can persuade him.

I so hope so, but the expenditure to bring him in, pay him for 5 to 7 years years and dump Kepa at a massive loss is (over 7 years, 2 now plus 5 to come)

closing in on half a BILLION quid, net, for just our number one keeper

3 minutes ago, jandomi10 said:

I think Atletico are building another good team though and will be much better next season compared to earlier this one. Felix has really started to up his game and is looking more like the player he was at Benfica. Plus theyve got the experienced heads still and Oblak is one of them, I doubt he will be looking to move. As nice as it would be to get him here. Thomas probably the most likely to move from Atletico this summer.

The goalkeeper problem is not gonna solve itself by throwing money at it. A goalkeeper is always a gamble, that is why you should not overspend like we did. oblakis obviously worldclass top 3 gk in the world. but he has been protected by Atletico low block and wc defense. Imagine he comes here with rüdiger in front of him, concedes a stupid header, then an own goal, bang goes the trust, never starts getting on with the backline and another 100m down the drain. We need a good goalkeeper but one who is also comfortable with doing having a terrible defense in front of him so that he knows how to organise it. neuer is not even close to being the best german goalkeeper anymore. but he still starts forgermany cos he knows what and when to shout at his defense so they get their positioning right, knows how to communicate, knows when to come out (mostly), when to claim balls. he is not as dependend on his defence as kepa and to a some degree oblak bc he takes responsibility on itself and makes the calls. everyone respects him for that even tho he seems to be an obnoxious guy

4 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Suppose Pasalic is already going to remain with Atalanta and Morata will sign permanently at Atletico Madrid too. Kenedy has been mooted to sign for Getafe on a permanent deal too. 

Pasalic and Morata are already done deals. We got 71m euros. 

Getafe rejected to keep Kenedy for the rest of the season so hard to imagine they will buy him.