GK: Onana, Forster, 3rd homegrown goalkeeper 

RB: Azpilicueta, James 

CB: Zouma, Tomori, Gabriel, Christensen/Rüdiger 

LB: Chilwell, Maatsen, Azpilicueta 

CM: Kovacic, Kante, Loftus-Cheek, Gallagher, Mount, Gilmour, Havertz 

RW/LW: Pulisic, Ziyech, Hudson-Odoi, Werner, Havertz, Mount 

ST: Abraham, Werner, Giroud, Havertz 

This squad would give us so much tactical flexibility 

I just realized that Koulibaly is only a month older than VVD. I for some reason thought Van Dijk was a few years younger than he is. CB's can often remain very good well into their 30's and I doubt VVD drops off any time soon. So maybe Koulibaly is actually worth the big money even at 29? 

God knows we need a quality CB who can dominate physically.

I just realized that Koulibaly is only a month older than VVD. I for some reason thought Van Dijk was a few years younger than he is. CB's can often remain very good well into their 30's and I doubt VVD drops off any time soon. So maybe Koulibaly is actually worth the big money even at 29? 
Koulibaly costs 80 Mio. +. I don't think that is worth it

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Not a chance. His buy window has passed. 

Not like there are many options. Some of the names I see posted here like Varane are literally impossible.

Not sure I can stand another season of shitting bricks every time the other team gets a corner or set play inside our half. Even shit teams have entire game plans centered on winning set plays against because we're so poor at defending them! That can't continue next season.

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Not like there are many options. Some of the names I see posted here like Varane are literally impossible.

Not sure I can stand another season of shitting bricks every time the other team gets a corner or set play inside our half. Even shit teams have entire game plans centered on winning set plays against because we're so poor at defending them! That can't continue next season.

Varane has only been mentioned by me (cannot speak for others) in regards to a swap involving Kante, and I always preface that with the caveat that it is extremely unlikely. It looks like Kante has no chance of being sold, so bye bye to any remote shot at Varane.

There are other WC centre backs out there whom we could make runs at, especially if we put the ludicrous Chillwell and Koulibaly valuations (so £80m to £90m) as a budget.

Romagnoli (left footer and the least expensive), Skriniar, José Giménez, de Ligt (swap for Jorginho + Emerson), and Marquinhos are the WC ones who have even a remote possibility of perhaps being pulled.

Stefan de Vrij (last year I will recco him due to age, we should have bought him years ago) is a slight step down from those but still a MASSIVE improvement over anything we have.

Many other younger ones too.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Varane has only been mentioned by me (cannot speak for others) in regards to a swap involving Kante, and I always preface that with the caveat that it is extremely unlikely. It looks like Kante has no chance of being sold, so bye bye to any remote shot at Varane.

There are other WC centre backs out there whom we could make runs at, especially if we put the ludicrous Chillwell and Koulibaly valuations (so £80m to £90m) as a budget.

Romagnoli (left footer and the least expensive), Skriniar, José Giménez, de Ligt (swap for Jorginho + Emerson), and Marquinhos are the WC ones who have even a remote possibility of perhaps being pulled.

Stefan de Vrij (last year I will recco him due to age, we should have bought him years ago) is a slight step down from those but still a MASSIVE improvement over anything we have.

Many other younger ones too.

I'm wondering if atlético is low on funds we can buy from them. They will take the money. 

8 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I'm wondering if atlético is low on funds we can buy from them. They will take the money. 

Perhaps, and AC Milan are fucked financially. We are mad to not be in there after Romagnoli. Our CB's and Kepa (I assume we do SOMETHING at LB) are a disaster waiting to happen. Lampard is deluded if he thinks we can win the league and/or CL with them. Even Rudiger worries me now. Our set piece defending is close to the worst in the EPL. Madness.

My view:

Players with contract not to be renewed

Pedro, Willian

Around: 10 $m+ saved per year.

Players to sell

Batshuayi, Emerson, Barkley, Christensen, Zouma, Zappacosta, Bakayoko, Moses, Drinkwater.

Around 120 $m+ as sales values

+ potentially Jorginho who did not convince to compete at the highest level.

Players to buy as priorities

Experienced central back and left-back; the new John Terry, or the equivalent of Virgil Van Dijk / Joe Cole.

Kai would be welcomed but not at the cost of selling Kante.

Bats, Emerson, Barkley, Bakayoko, Moses, Zappacosta and Drinkwater to name a few can raise good funds, plus save hugely on wages. These are hangers on, simply not good enough for us.

This is why I think we have still got two signings left, Chilwell and possibly Havertz

8 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Bats, Emerson, Barkley, Bakayoko, Moses, Zappacosta and Drinkwater to name a few can raise good funds, plus save hugely on wages. These are hangers on, simply not good enough for us.

This is why I think we have still got two signings left, Chilwell and possibly Havertz

Your satisfied with the clowns we have at CB?

Just now, Fernando said:

Is best we can do for now. 

Might take another season to compete, but we are going in the right direction. 

How exactly? We are no better at defending than where we were exactly one year ago. 

This is a coaching aspect. I even remember under Ancelotti, we were awful at defending set pieces.