Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Chelsea are closing in on summer swoop for Leicester City’s Ben Chilwell.

Leicester are increasingly resigned to him leaving for Chelsea this summer and have made approaches for a new left back. They have told Chelsea that they want a fee in the region of the £75m.(The Times)

39 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Emerson is a better sell. 

I still like Alonso. I always said he can always be good like for a super sub. 

I remember Carlo used to like to used a sub as a LB/RB. I think for coming in half time Alson provides great threat. But as a starter he sucks. 

yes deffo sell Emerson before Alonso, the ship has sailed on getting getting anywhere near the £45m for him (Alonso) that Marina turned down in 2018, and he is willing to sit on the bench and not whinge on (so far), plus he is a great (like you said) super sub who is very hard to deal with later in games (as the other side is knackered a bit and thus his lack of pace is not as noticeable) when we need a goal. As his pace has always been shit, I can see him still being roughly the same player for 3 more years or so (max 3, as when he hits 32/33 he is probably done at top level unless he trots back to a slower tactical league like Serie A)

He just has too many games where he drives me bonkers and is exploited defensively. He is deffo one of the more enigmatic players we have had over the past 6, 7 or so years.

2 hours ago, Fernando said:

According to transfermarket his value is 25 million pound. 

Worth a shot for that price. 

Edit: now that you mention the German revolution we always do that every certain cycle. Get 3 or 4 players from certain nationality. Remember we had the African players under Didier (although Africa is not a country)? Then the Brazilians, then the Belgium and then the Spaniards. Now let's see if we go with the Germans. :) 

you forgot the portuguese revolution: Mourinho, Carvalho, Ferreira (04/05) :) 

28 minutes ago, jandomi10 said:

Leicester are increasingly resigned to him leaving for Chelsea this summer and have made approaches for a new left back. They have told Chelsea that they want a fee in the region of the £75m.(The Times)

£75m is madness for him in this COVID-19 market (and even non COVID)

so many far cheaper options out there

David Alaba  
Theo Hernández  
Alex Telles  

Robin Gosens
Alex Sandro  (swap for Emerson) 
Nicolás Tagliafico  
Sergio Reguilón  
Luca Pellegrini  
Lloyd Kelly (has been hurt all season, now healthy, but is English, huge foe a LB (1.9m, no clue why he is now listed as only 1.78m, he is a full 6-3) pacey, 21yo)
Rayan Aït Nouri (19yo who Shitty have also been scouting)

completely bonkers wild card
Robert Skov, 24yo Danish ex winger, he scored 31 goals in 2018/19, now has been played at LB in 9 and a half games for TSG Hoffenheim, 3 goals, 3 assists from there (I saw two of the games at LB and scored a goal, and a assist v Augsburg, and had an assist versus Bayern Munich, the game winner in fact

Hoffenheim shock leaders Bayern 2-1 in Bundesliga - Xinhua ...

superb free kick taker

33 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

you forgot the portuguese revolution: Mourinho, Carvalho, Ferreira (04/05) :) 

Tiago too (then we sold him and I cried :( ) 

his loss percentage in the league was 2.94%, just once in 34 appearances (a 0–1 loss at Manchester City on 16 October 2004), which is the lowest in history for any player having appeared at least 20 times

Tiago's Reported Chelsea Return Shows Growing Wisdom in the ...Tiago Mendes Returns to Chelsea | Portugal Futbol

20 minutes ago, Vesper said:

his loss percentage in the league was 2.94%, just once in 34 appearances (a 0–1 loss at Manchester City on 16 October 2004), which is the lowest in history for any player having appeared at least 20 times

Tiago's Reported Chelsea Return Shows Growing Wisdom in the ...Tiago Mendes Returns to Chelsea | Portugal Futbol

Wow I never knew that.

Would Alisson and Fabinho have beaten that record or has the Watford defeat seen to that?

27 minutes ago, Vesper said:

amazing stats, shame he only stayed 1 season :(

2 hours ago, jandomi10 said:

Thay can take that 75M and go spit, shameful if we give them anything near that.

75m for Chilwell? Fucking hell. Avoid. Good player but never worth 75m and never will be even in an inflated market. Other LBs out there for much better value for money. Would pay 45/50m tops for Chilwell nothing more.