Crystal Palace 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

Maybe Newcastle or some other club desperate for a marquee name can rescue us from Lukaku. Hell, maybe Kane pushes to leave again and we can mug Spuds off for a decent fee. I’d take anything for him at this point.

Pulisic can go, too.

5 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

If we don't make top 4 I think he'll be gone especially after being comfy for so long. Something needs to change our play is poor. Least didn't need a penalty to win 

5 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Tuchel will be save as long as we finish in the top 4.

I’m speaking in the long run. I can’t see any light at the end of the tunnel should Lukaku remain here for the duration of his contract. 

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I’m speaking in the long run. I can’t see any light at the end of the tunnel should Lukaku remain here for the duration of his contract. 

There isnt lol. Just that this season will eventually end...

Can't we just drop him off somewhere? Get a refund? I just dont get whose idea it was and why. Guess didn't expect him to be so bloody poor...

Edited by Laylabelle

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Tbf nobody managed to last more than 3 years except Mourinho 1st spell. 

Edited by Blues Forever

2 minutes ago, DDA said:

Looking at the remaining fixtures.. we should be getting top 4 without too much stress. If not, then TT will definitely be under the cosh. Only a few trophies could save him if we don't get it.

Top 4 and a CWC would be a disappointment. 

11 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Lukaku had just 2 touches in first half and one was the kick off lol

cant count more than 10 in second half either....

Well, lets see it positively,he did not cause more than 10 turnovers then either.

This is where we're at, huh? 

None of those 7 touches were in Palace's box. In fact, he had 1 more in ours than theirs!

5 minutes ago, DDA said:

Looking at the remaining fixtures.. we should be getting top 4 without too much stress. If not, then TT will definitely be under the cosh. Only a few trophies could save him if we don't get it.

Maybe..should definitely the key word lol.

Still not convinced way we play though. If Arsenal win Thurs they're 5 behind with a game still to play on us. We also have them to play but just look far from comfy yet. Least we don't play in the league till the 5th

Edited by Laylabelle

Unless some dumbass club makes us an offer we can’t turn down I think Lukaku will remain. Can’t see the club taking the initiative by actively seeking buyers. They’ll tell themselves “oh, when Reece James and Chilwell are both back Lukaku will start banging them in.”

I can’t see us challenging City or Liverpool with a big lump of a striker. Both of them have shown that you now need actual top class FOOTBALLERS in attack. Look at that kid City have coming in now from South America. Looks like a monster in the making. Look at the forwards Liverpool have brought in over the past 2 windows. Proper footballers.

Are our scouts too incompetent to identify these sorts of players? Apparently so.

9 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Not necessarily saying they are the answers but Abraham and Werner got sacrificed for doing more than Lukaku. The latter is like a ghost on the pitch if he doesn't pop up with the goals. Heck, even Havertz gets shafted around to accommodate him.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Unless some dumbass club makes us an offer we can’t turn down I think Lukaku will remain. Can’t see the club taking the initiative by actively seeking buyers. They’ll tell themselves “oh, when Reece James and Chilwell are both back Lukaku will start banging them in.”

I can’t see us challenging City or Liverpool with a big lump of a striker. Both of them have shown that you now need actual top class FOOTBALLERS in attack. Look at that kid City have coming in now from South America. Looks like a monster in the making. Look at the forwards Liverpool have brought in over the past 2 windows. Proper footballers.

Are our scouts too incompetent to identify these sorts of players? Apparently so.

Plus who would want to buy him? They'll need to really lower the price to get anyone interested and would that happen? It needs to...or in for a bumpy ride next season too unless something changed.

3 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

James and Chilwell injuries totally changed our season.

Not saying their injuries haven't had an impact but it's still no excuse for what we've been seeing on the pitch. And it's not as if Lukaku was dominating teams etc before they got injured either. 

6 minutes ago, Jase said:

This is where we're at, huh? 

None of those 7 touches were in Palace's box. In fact, he had 1 more in ours than theirs!

only Eze (3) & Mateta (0) who came on after the 84th and 91st minute respectively had fewer touches than the Belgian.