Michael Ballack

TomCFC

Virgil van Dijk slammed by Holland manager Ronald Koeman as Liverpool defender told 'cut out the mistakes'

Koeman STILL angry about the error made by his captain which led to Olivier Giroud securing a 2-1 victory for France in Nations League clash

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/virgil-van-dijk-slammed-holland-13392092

multiple layers dribbling past him

Nichol is full of dogshit

28 minutes ago, Jason said:

Any idea where Ballack said that? Because am almost certain that quote is fake. No source quoted...the journalists must be desperate for headlines. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/virgil-van-dijk-told-would-22076180

Former Chelsea star Ballack claimed that van Dijk is only held in such high esteem due to a lack of top class strikers around in the modern day compared to years gone by.

"Virgil van Dijk is very lucky to play in an era where there is no [Didier] Drogba, [Frank] Lampard, Alan Shearer, [Thierry] Henry, [Wayne] Rooney, [Robin] Van Persie, [Carlos] Tevez, [Emmanuel] Adebayor and Diego Costa in the Premier League," Ballack said.

"No wonder they think he is the best defender in the league."

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/virgil-van-dijk-told-would-22076180

Former Chelsea star Ballack claimed that van Dijk is only held in such high esteem due to a lack of top class strikers around in the modern day compared to years gone by.

"Virgil van Dijk is very lucky to play in an era where there is no [Didier] Drogba, [Frank] Lampard, Alan Shearer, [Thierry] Henry, [Wayne] Rooney, [Robin] Van Persie, [Carlos] Tevez, [Emmanuel] Adebayor and Diego Costa in the Premier League," Ballack said.

"No wonder they think he is the best defender in the league."

I saw that but again, no source on where he said it. I saw this quote circulating on Twitter from a fan...

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I saw that but again, no source on where he said it. I saw this quote circulating on Twitter from a fan...

I do not know, but they directly quoted him, and they cannot just make up a direct quote. The writer would get sacked and the paper sued if they just made it up out of thin air.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

I do not know, but they directly quoted him, and they cannot just make up a direct quote. The writer would get sacked and the paper sued if they just made it up out of thin air.

But there's usually a mention of where the person said it. Nothing on this one. 

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

email the author and ask him

if it was made up, Ballack would be all over denying it by now

Considering the reputation of those 2 papers who used that quote, I'm not surprised if they just picked it without checking the validity of it. 

• 2 months later...

Man City star brands Chelsea icon a "bastard" during Kai Havertz transfer talk

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1319005/Man-City-Chelsea-Kai-Havertz-Ilkay-Gundogan-transfer-news

Michael Ballack: Farewell to a Chelsea Legend - Football Analysis

Manchester City midfielder Ilkay Gundogan has branded his fellow countryman Michael Ballack a "bastard" while explaining why Chelsea transfer target Kai Havertz is not like the former Blues midfielder.

Gundogan may have to come up against his Germany international team-mate Havertz in the Premier League next season.

The 21-year-old has told his current club Bayer Leverkusen of his desire to leave and join Chelsea.

The west Londoners have apparently agreed personal terms with the versatile midfielder and are negotiating the fee.

If Havertz completes a move to Chelsea he is expected to help them become serious challengers to Liverpool and City.

The Leverkusen star has been compared to Blues icon Michael Ballack but Gundogan thinks Havertz is a class above.

"In my opinion, Havertz is even better than Ballack in terms of his playing ability," he told Sport Bild.

"Ballack had a certain level of aggression in his game, and a strong mentality.

"He was a top player of the previous generation - a bastard on the pitch, in a positive sense. Kai isn’t like that."

Havertz will become Chelsea's third signing of the summer and second from the Bundesliga.

Frank Lampard's side moved early in the window to capture RB Leipzig striker Timo Werner - who Gundogan also knows from his time with the national team.

"Believe me: Everyone at City knows about Timo Werner," Gundogan said.

"Many of my team-mates asked what kind of guy he is. He deserves respect."

City will be weakened next year after selling winger Leroy Sane to Bayern Munich.

• 2 weeks later...

On 21/08/2020 at 3:22 AM, NikkiCFC said:

Chelsea hero Michael Ballack 'all good' after cancer scare forces major back surgery

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1325243/Chelsea-Michael-Ballack-All-Good-Again-Cancer-Scare-Major-Back-Surgery-News

glad to hear it was benign!

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...