Kai Havertz

Blues11

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Unfortunately, i think the Bayern showing is why I believe the Kante=Kovacic pivot can't work. So imbalanced given neither player will 'sit'. Far too many gaps that were left which led Bayern to walk through the midfield. 

Yup that pivot will have its issues, but it will still be our best option at times. But I have no doubt the 4-3-3 you posted might be the most used XI of our next season (as of this moment). Given how the squad is, you can understand why there were rumors that we would be listening to offers for Kante. If we can swap kante for Rice, would be the best thing for us as getting that sitting DM is necessary and the next thing in this team's evolution

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

I used to think the same but Havertz sees himself as a right sided no.8

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/kai-havertz-chelsea-transfers-werner-18820137

so the lineup posted may very well be spot on

No 8, no 10 doesn't really matter. It depend on what you are asking of him defensively.

10 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

100m is so much money. We were in a good position to negotiate a lower transfer fee too. This was certainly our only shot at signing Havertz but this is far from a bargain. Big pressure now on the player and manager for him to deliver instantly. He's going to be a very easy target.

We was in no position to get a lower fee, bayern wanted that money its quite simple.... pay it or piss off

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

Kante best position is in double pivot. Him playing alone DM can hurt us offensively. From what I have seen Havertz top3 positions are: RW, CF and AM. Number 8 only after that.

I also wanted to say this. Kai RW and Ziyech in the middle have more sense to me too.

Totally agree about Kante, but dont think we have an option. Jorginho in the team makes us weaker, Kova-Kante pivot has its issues (though i still think it will be one of FL's go to moves). 

Kante as a sitting DM might hurt us offensively a bit, but also give some semblance of defensive cover to what has become a VERY top heavy team. I have no doubt about it that atleast for the coming season, we are going to be looking to just outscoring teams. 

100m Euros really isn't that bad at all for a potential 'Generation talent'

If you look into and compare it to previous transfers in relation to the economic growth of football... it's actually a lower fee than what United paid for Rooney. 

Well that's what I read somewhere anyway lol.

Who gives a fuck anyway. I'm soo excited that we able to secure players of this calibre still 

3 minutes ago, DDA said:

100m Euros really isn't that bad at all for a potential 'Generation talent'

If you look into and compare it to previous transfers in relation to the economic growth of football... it's actually a lower fee than what United paid for Rooney. 

Well that's what I read somewhere anyway lol.

Who gives a fuck anyway. I'm soo excited that we able to secure players of this calibre still 

Plus if its 100m euros, then even better. Apparently the last 10m euros are on PL/CL champions based. So perfect.

5 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Unfortunately, i think the Bayern showing is why I believe the Kante=Kovacic pivot can't work. So imbalanced given neither player will 'sit'. Far too many gaps that were left which led Bayern to walk through the midfield. 

I dont see us signing another defensive midfielder or sacrificing another midfield position to accomodate Kante. Kante will need to do his best as sole holding DM.

I am also not quite sure if there is only one way dto bring out the best out of kante. he is not as limited as jorginho to only play one position in one system.

For France he has been deployed in different systems some of whch he was sitting next to fkin pogba who has no positional discipline whatsoever  in other games he was sitting next to matuidi who drifted to the right and ran up and down the touchline all game. You could argue he was at his best sitting next to Matic or Drinkwater at Leicester (sounds weird but is true lol) but you usually dont build your system around a defensive player who also happens to enter the twilight of his career

1 hour ago, Puliiszola said:

Anyone who has watched him can attest that he is a generational talent. Very much like Felix was. 

I hope he is far better than Felix talent wise because I'm not impressed by what I see from Felix at Athletico Madrid

1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

I hope he is far better than Felix talent wise because I'm not impressed by what I see from Felix at Athletico Madrid

At Atleti, Felix is in the wrong sort of team. In an attacking team, he would thrive and few of the elite clubs would still readily take him (there were links to City) 

55 minutes ago, Strike said:

At Atleti, Felix is in the wrong sort of team. In an attacking team, he would thrive and few of the elite clubs would still readily take him (there were links to City) 

Yeah, have to agree with this. When I have watched Felix he has actually been pretty good but he is playing is a system that really doesn't suit him. When they played RB in the CL he came on and AM just kept giving the ball to him and he ran RB ragged. In about 15 minutes he had nutmegged four of them and then won and converted a penalty. After that, the system went back to normal and he never got given the ball. Odd situation.