Kai Havertz

Blues11

6 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

All reports are coming off of MARCA, who suck Real off when ever they get the chance given they are a Madrid based paper. 

I wouldn't look too much into in unless Havertz himself states "its always a dream to play for Real Madrid" ala Hazard 

Well I don't believe it. I always hoped the current generation of players coming through would have watched the PL and seen players like Drogba, Frank, Terry or Hazard even. I mean even Ziyech says he was a Chelsea supporter when he was in his youth team here at Heerenveen (basically 20 mins away from where I live). And players like Chilwell and Werner also mentioned how they looked up to players in our team (ofcourse every player would say nice words about the club they are joining) but I do really believe there to be some truth to it all.

We are still the most successful club in the past 10/15 years, averaging a tropy a year or so was it? I really hope this *Madrid / Barca* balloon would burst by now, I hope the PL in general will be, and as far as I'm concerned still is the best league in the world and players actually want to retire here instead of *I definitely want to play for Barca/Madrid* or w/e. But it also depends on the player and the agent, money is sadly also a big motivation for these kids now, I often wonder how long a Werner would be here or Havertz if they turn out as good if not better then Hazard, I never expected Hazard to be here as long as he has, I hope the new players will have the same loyalty. Time will tell I suppose

45 minutes ago, Milan said:

Maybe if you mention it for the 451564165461054th time, the situation will change...

Just like other members speaking about Pulisic and his injuries, you should shut the fuck up as well :D 

And he cannot spell "Harbour"   properly either..   :0)

Just now, Jason said:

As much as we boom or bust in recent years, that didn't stop Hazard from wanting to fulfill his dream of playing for Real Madrid. 

Yeah but that's just it. Hazard won two league titles and a few cup trophies at the club, but if the club showed serious ambition it could have been so much better. During Hazard's time at the club the closest we came to CL glory was in 2014 when Mourinho's park-the-bus football got us in the semis. In the meantime Hazard watched his 'dream club' winning the damn thing four times.

Either way, in three years there will be a moment where some decisions will have to be made with Havertz. Assuming he signs a 5 year deal he will have two years left in 2023 and at that time he will either extend or be sold, and I would guess the decision will depend on how Havertz himself develops in that time and how the rest of the team have developed. 

Just now, Jype said:

Yeah but that's just it. Hazard won two league titles and a few cup trophies at the club, but if the club showed serious ambition it could have been so much better. During Hazard's time at the club the closest we came to CL glory was in 2014 when Mourinho's park-the-bus football got us in the semis. In the meantime Hazard watched his 'dream club' winning the damn thing four times.

Either way, in three years there will be a moment where some decisions will have to be made with Havertz. Assuming he signs a 5 year deal he will have two years left in 2023 and at that time he will either extend or be sold, and I would guess the decision will depend on how Havertz himself develops in that time and how the rest of the team have developed. 

My point is, it wouldn't have made much difference either way with Hazard. It was simply his dream to play for Real Madrid, to wear that famous white shirt. Also remember Ronaldo at Man United? They were challenging for the titles every season, won leagues and the Champions League and yet he still wanted to go to Real Madrid. 

32 minutes ago, Jason said:

Would be nice though if we aren't seen as some sort of stepping stone to Real Madrid or Barcelona...

Agreed, but we have to be realistic of the pull that Real and Barca have.

Not so much for English players who seem to be content within their own bubble and therefore there dream is usually just to be playing for one of the top teams in England. But the foreign players who are usually much more open to play in different leagues and countries, the pinnacle will always be Real and Barca.

United lost Ronaldo, Liverpool lost Suarez and Coutinho, Arsenal lost Henry and Fabregas, Spurs lost Bale and Modric, we lost Hazard and Courtois. The key though is players have "earned" those moves by being key players for their teams. 

If Havertz does the same and realises his enormous potential here but decides perhaps in his late 20's he wants to have the chance playing for Madrid then so be it. I'd rather have that problem than not have it because it means we'd have an elite player on our hands.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

My point is, it wouldn't have made much difference either way with Hazard. It was simply his dream to play for Real Madrid, to wear that famous white shirt. Also remember Ronaldo at Man United? They were challenging for the titles every season, won leagues and the Champions League and yet he still wanted to go to Real Madrid. 

Yeah I somewhat agree on Hazard, he was openly talking about Madrid even before he left Lille. Zidane being manager was icing on the cake.

But I don't think many German players dream of playing for Real Madrid or Barcelona that highly, for them the peak is usually Bayern.

But anyway, isn't it kind of too early to have this discussion considering he hasn't even joined yet, let alone kicked a ball? Time to start worrying is only after he's banged them in for three seasons and isn't willing to extend his deal but certainly not now.

7 minutes ago, Jype said:

But I don't think many German players dream of playing for Real Madrid or Barcelona that highly, for them the peak is usually Bayern.

Well, Havertz is supposedly/will be the best German player ever. So, who knows..?

7 minutes ago, Jype said:

But anyway, isn't it kind of too early to have this discussion considering he hasn't even joined yet, let alone kicked a ball? Time to start worrying is only after he's banged them in for three seasons and isn't willing to extend his deal but certainly not now.

ENTERTAIN ME, JYPE! There is no club football, the deal hasn't even been announced. IT'S ALL VERY BORING! AND 2020 IS FUCKED UP! :rant:

33 minutes ago, Jason said:

Happy belated Birthday!

And don't worry, there was no announcement on my birthday either. :drunk:

We secured top 4 on my birthday. Then a week later lost to Arse. Im glad I dont have birthday a week later 😄