Kai Havertz

Blues11

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

It reads more like the two have an agreement and Leverkusen just needs the official offer to come through so everything can be official.

Wouldn't be surprised if Leverkusen tell us to fuck off and he is staying when we haven't even bid, first and most important for a club is to be serious, we keep hitting around the bush, it's starting to be another one of Marina's disappointments.

We have a much better chance if Abramovic takes Fernando Carro on his secret yacht and seduce him than Marina actually making a respectable offer and stop embarrassing herself and the club.

23 minutes ago, Pizy said:

This is what I'm wondering most of all. Highly reputable people described in detail how Frank chatted with him about his role in the team and how personal terms AND contract talks were agreed like a month ago.

So wtf has been going on since then? Haggling over a few million?  If it's true that the club view him as a generation talent too good to pass up (like Matt Law said a few days ago) then we should have signed him up by now.

At this point I'll be more relieved than excited if this happens. Getting annoying.

I hear you man, it doesnt add up. If by next week we havent done the deal then it aint gonna happen.

1 minute ago, Pulisicismydaddy said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Leverkusen tell us to fuck off and he is staying when we haven't even bid, first and most important for a club is to be serious, we keep hitting around the bush, it's starting to be another one of Marina's disappointments.

We have a much better chance if Abramovic takes Fernando Carro on his secret yacht and seduce him than Marina actually making a respectable offer and embarrassing herself and the club.

Doubt it, Bild mentioned after weeks of negotiations Leverkusen are now ready to accept our offer after reaching the same page. 

If we have t even made an offer yet...

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] kill me

This is common in a lot of transfers. You negotiate without ever submitting an offer. Once you negotiate to a point of agreement, then you make the offer...

That's why clubs can say they haven't received any formal offers for players, but still be deep in to negotiations. It's especially common when clubs know the player wants to leave, which is the case here.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

i find it unbeliveable that our board cant give extra 5 or 10 million to buy a future world class footballer who has agreed personal terms with the club a month ago but are willing to pay 40-50-60-70 million pounds on average english players year after year.

and someone has the nerve to praise the fraud marina. want to vomit every time i see her picture.

29 minutes ago, Miguelito said:

This is common in a lot of transfers. You negotiate without ever submitting an offer. Once you negotiate to a point of agreement, then you make the offer...

That's why clubs can say they haven't received any formal offers for players, but still be deep in to negotiations. It's especially common when clubs know the player wants to leave, which is the case here.

Exactly. Transfer negotiations in real life are nothing like in FIFA or FM where you just randomly send offers to clubs and see if they accept. In reality it's endless negotiations and only submit an actual offer when the clubs are done talking, either to the amount verbally agreed in the negotiations or a bid to the highest amount the buying club is willing to go, basically a 'take it or leave it' type offer.

Apparently Bild have said Leverkusen have set a deadline for August 28th when they return to pre-season. Like I've suspected all along this won't drag onto September so one way or the other we'll hear something within the next week or so. A couple weeks ago I was feeling really confident about this one happening, but now I'm thinking it's a 50/50 chance whether Marina comes up with the cash or not. 

1 hour ago, Pulisicismydaddy said:

We have a much better chance if Abramovic takes Fernando Carro on his secret yacht and seduce him than Marina actually making a respectable offer and stop embarrassing herself and the club.

Dude what, chill out..

And for those who are asking the club/Marina to just cough up the 10/15M we supposedly are off in terms of player valuation, i am glad you are not running the club. 

We are in the midst of a crisis and are going to be hit financially, those millions might be the difference in getting an extra player or not, we don't know. Bayer's best outcome is to sell this window, where we are the only club willing to come close to their valuation, so Chelsea has a strong hand in those negotiations. I am glad they are not rushing it if there is a good chance we'll get a better price by playing our cards right, which is to wait.

If unsuccessful, there is still a good chance we will budge and just pay the 10/15M difference eventually. Most reports say we are in advanced negotiations and that it's a matter of when rather then if. I am confident we'll land him, be patient guys...

Also about all the criticism i'm reading about the board and Marina, i can't get my head around it TBH. She has pulled some master coups, and how many times have we read on how great she is at negotiating, from different people having dealt with her.

No club gets it right 100%, there will always be bad transfers and bad choices, in all clubs, and Chelsea is no exception. 

It's really easy to point out at bad decisions in hindsight, which fans love to do. That's not fair IMO, the board has done a great job for the most part recently, and we have all reasons to believe it will continue this way.

Trust our Russian lady.

23 minutes ago, Simon1991 said:

Dude what, chill out..

And for those who are asking the club/Marina to just cough up the 10/15M we supposedly are off in terms of player valuation, i am glad you are not running the club. 

We are in the midst of a crisis and are going to be hit financially, those millions might be the difference in getting an extra player or not, we don't know. Bayer's best outcome is to sell this window, where we are the only club willing to come close to their valuation, so Chelsea has a strong hand in those negotiations. I am glad they are not rushing it if there is a good chance we'll get a better price by playing our cards right, which is to wait.

If unsuccessful, there is still a good chance we will budge and just pay the 10/15M difference eventually. Most reports say we are in advanced negotiations and that it's a matter of when rather then if. I am confident we'll land him, be patient guys...

Also about all the criticism i'm reading about the board and Marina, i can't get my head around it TBH. She has pulled some master coups, and how many times have we read on how great she is at negotiating, from different people having dealt with her.

No club gets it right 100%, there will always be bad transfers and bad choices, in all clubs, and Chelsea is no exception. 

It's really easy to point out at bad decisions in hindsight, which fans love to do. That's not fair IMO, the board has done a great job for the most part recently, and we have all reasons to believe it will continue this way.

Trust our Russian lady.

Whats the point of I am glad you are not running the club when she paid 70 millions for Kepa and we're about to get rinsed with Chilwell, strange way to say she has done a good job.

Whats the point of I am glad you are not running the club when she paid 70 millions for Kepa and we're about to get rinsed with Chilwell, strange way to say she has done a good job.
I mean... Kepa is the only bad one in the last few years, very bad but shit happens. Werner, pulisic, ziyech have all been steals purely based on market value and who wanted them in the current market.

The problem here is everyone expects us to spend city levels every year so when a deal doesn't go through straight away everyone starts crying.

Chillwell hasnt been done yet. The market is forever moving, chillwell whilst expensive is still young so given the current market would be able to be sold for a similar figure if not more in the future unless his performances fall off a cliff.

These things need time, it's not football manager. This expectation that we should be spending 300 mil in a window given the economic situation is ludicrous. There's hundreds of clubs spending very little so we are very lucky we can even do what we have done already.

It'll be great if we could get him and some of the others but we shouldn't expect and then start blaming the club because of 10-15 mil like it's nothing

31 minutes ago, Pulisicismydaddy said:

As i said, no transfer record is ever perfect. I am not saying 70M for Kepa was great, but it is always easier to criticize in hindsight.

For Chilwell, first it's not done yet, and we don't know the amount we'll end up paying if he comes. Maybe she and the board are trusting Frank 100% on this one and if he has identified him as his preferred target, doing the new boss a solid.

I'm sure if we signed another cheaper LB that was not Frank's choice, she'd get the stick from our fans as well for not supporting the coach's preferred option. Fans always have to complain about something anyway.

1 hour ago, whats happening said:

i find it unbeliveable that our board cant give extra 5 or 10 million to buy a future world class footballer who has agreed personal terms with the club a month ago but are willing to pay 40-50-60-70 million pounds on average english players year after year.

and someone has the nerve to praise the fraud marina. want to vomit every time i see her picture.

Are You a professional 🤡..

This place gets funnier & funnier everytime I look..

KTBFFH!!

2 hours ago, whats happening said:

She brought in Ziyech and Werner already?? What do you want? No one else has made any big moves and Weve already brought in 2 top targets before the window even really opened. There's no time afforded for anything nowadays.