Kai Havertz

Blues11

Just pay up. If the club really consider Havertz a 'generational talent' (hate that term) they shouldn't haggle over a few million and risk fucking up the chance to get him.

It's clear Leverkusen have told Marina what it takes to sign him and Havertz himself is eager to move so it should be a fairly straightforward deal. Sure it's a lot of money but the longer this drags on the higher the chance Leverkusen say 'too late, let's return to this again next year' or some other clubs could join the race too (ie. Bayern when they sell Thiago).

In a lot of ways this is very similar to United's pursuit of Sancho, and at the moment it's looking like there's a clear chance they've bottled it. Would hate to see that happen here.

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

Calm, he is coming to Chelsea, it's a matter of when and not if.

What makes you so confident? Völler makes it pretty clear that nothing's been agreed and the clubs could still be a long way from reaching an agreement. Just because personal terms have been agreed doesn't mean it's 100% happening, just look at the Sancho deal to United. 

3 minutes ago, Jype said:

What makes you so confident? Völler makes it pretty clear that nothing's been agreed and the clubs could still be a long way from reaching an agreement. Just because personal terms have been agreed doesn't mean it's 100% happening, just look at the Sancho deal to United. 

The difference is he wants us, and unlike Havertz Sancho has came out and said he is committed to the black and yellow.

The difference is he wants us, and unlike Havertz Sancho has came out and said he is committed to the black and yellow.

But that's still what the media says right? We don't have an actual qoute from Havertz or a interview where he states that he might move, like hazard did in the last game for us. Afaik it's only journalists saying "He wants Chelsea". Not saying it won't happen, but I do think Marina is bitching about the price again and it's not the first time a club gets tired of that.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn F5121 met Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Valdo said:

But that's still what the media says right? We don't have an actual qoute from Havertz or a interview where he states that he might move, like hazard did in the last game for us. Afaik it's only journalists saying "He wants Chelsea". Not saying it won't happen, but I do think Marina is bitching about the prize again and it's not the first time a club gets tired of that.

Fabrizio Romano has been quoted saying Havertz is pushing for Chelsea, I am not using Indykalia I am using the most reputable journo around.

Also, why is it always Marina bitching about the price? What if it's Leverkusen being cunts, and I am flipping this on it's head can you explain that?

10 minutes ago, Valdo said:

But that's still what the media says right? We don't have an actual qoute from Havertz or a interview where he states that he might move, like hazard did in the last game for us. Afaik it's only journalists saying "He wants Chelsea". Not saying it won't happen, but I do think Marina is bitching about the price again and it's not the first time a club gets tired of that.

Personal terms have been agreed weeks ago. Not just by our correspondents, but Bild and other reliable outlets from different countries. These same sources are all claiming there is an agreement between the clubs that the player will join us and only us. Bloody Sane even spilled the beans given Havertz probably told his closest mates. 

Marina is master negotiator. She knows Bayer need the funds now more than ever considering they didn't qualify for the CL and she knows Bayer have to strengthen quickly given preseason is around the corner. 

Leverkusen need the in cash as much as we need the player, they need to splash to strengthen. This isn't a difficult math equation, we want what they have got, we have the cash that they not only want but actually need.

Half the problem here is people being completely and utterly impatient, I bet half of you stay up during the night refreshing fucking Twitter.

Imagine years ago when you are awaiting Teletext for updates and waiting for your club to spend 10 grand on a player.

Half of you don't know your born or appreciate the finer details in life.

Structure of the payments is most likely what's holding it up just like with Sancho and United. Both ourselves and United have probably offered a decent sized initial payment with the rest coming in future windows so we can afford other targets. Dortmund and Bayer are probably both playing hardball and wanting the whole fee upfront which is causing the deals to stall.

What is in our favor compared to United is that Bayer could really use the cash and everything with the player agreeing to the move is already settled. Dortmund are in an extremely strong position negotiation wise while Bayer will never get a fee as high as we're offering again since Havertz will have only 1 year left on his contract this time next summer.

14 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Sancho also has/had personal terms agreed, according to Romano & co. He wants the move too but isn't ready to be a cunt about it towards Dortmund because there's a chance the clubs can't agree on a fee. If he didn't want the move, any transfer negotiations wouldn't have taken place to begin with.

With Havertz there is a gentlemans agreement between him and Leverkusen (see Völler's comment above) that he can go when the asking price is met and so far nothing suggests Marina is willing to meet it and instead she's trying to negotiate the price down by a good 10-20 mil. I think that was the case with Sancho too and the €120M price was made clear at the beginning of the summer, but United haggled too long and angered the Dortmund chiefs who are now trying to make a point that they're not to be fucked with. That move could still happen but it's much harder now, and the same could soon be true with Havertz too if the start of the season gets nearer and the deal still isn't done.

Like you said, Leverkusen need the Havertz money to sign players. If they don't get that money soon, they could still say it's too late for them to buy any reinforcements and do the same as Dortmund are doing now with United. 

I believe Havertz move is still very much on but a breakthrough in negotiations has to happen in the next week or two. Otherwise there is an actual risk of the move falling through. Lots of deals have collapsed at much later stages than this. 

Leverkusen need the in cash as much as we need the player, they need to splash to strengthen. This isn't a difficult math equation, we want what they have got, we have the cash that they not only want but actually need.
Half the problem here is people being completely and utterly impatient, I bet half of you stay up during the night refreshing fucking Twitter.
Imagine years ago when you are awaiting Teletext for updates and waiting for your club to spend 10 grand on a player.
Half of you don't know your born or appreciate the finer details in life.
I know all the good sources said so. And again, I'm not saying it won't happen. It's probably the discussion of the payment structure that takes long. Which is understandable considering the price tag. And I'm old enough to remember Teletext [emoji28]. So perhaps the above is contextual a better way of putting it, when I say "it's Marina".

3 minutes ago, Jype said:

Sancho also has/had personal terms agreed, according to Romano & co. He wants the move too but isn't ready to be a cunt about it towards Dortmund because there's a chance the clubs can't agree on a fee. If he didn't want the move, any transfer negotiations wouldn't have taken place to begin with.

With Havertz there is a gentlemans agreement between him and Leverkusen (see Völler's comment above) that he can go when the asking price is met and so far nothing suggests Marina is willing to meet it and instead she's trying to negotiate the price down by a good 10-20 mil. I think that was the case with Sancho too and the €120M price was made clear at the beginning of the summer, but United haggled too long and angered the Dortmund chiefs who are now trying to make a point that they're not to be fucked with. That move could still happen but it's much harder now, and the same could soon be true with Havertz too if the start of the season gets nearer and the deal still isn't done.

Like you said, Leverkusen need the Havertz money to sign players. If they don't get that money soon, they could still say it's too late for them to buy any reinforcements and do the same as Dortmund are doing now with United. 

I believe Havertz move is still very much on but a breakthrough in negotiations has to happen in the next week or two. Otherwise there is an actual risk of the move falling through. Lots of deals have collapsed at much later stages than this. 

And not only all of this but believe it or not I actually would trust Marina ahead of Ed Woodenhead, because if people don't believe in Marina then god knows what they would do if Woodentop was in charge of us.

6 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

And not only all of this but believe it or not I actually would trust Marina ahead of Ed Woodenhead, because if people don't believe in Marina then god knows what they would do if Woodentop was in charge of us.

That's true, I would much rather have Marina than Woodward.

But let's not pretend Marina's haggling hasn't cost the club some almost certain transfers in the past, the most notable being Lukaku from Everton. She thought there was no competition to sign him and everyone, including the fans and media, thought it was pretty much a done deal with just the final details to sort out but that one fell through. And around the same time Alex Sandro was more than willing to join and Juve also made their asking price clear but that one didn't happen either.

So I wouldn't say Havertz is in the bag yet either, lots of things could still go wrong. And while I believe it's going to happen in the end, I'd still prefer this to be done asap so that the club can focus fully on the remaining targets and player sales. Still a lot to do in the transfer window after Havertz.

Just now, Jype said:

But let's not pretend Marina's haggling hasn't cost the club some almost certain transfers in the past, the most notable being Lukaku from Everton. She thought there was no competition to sign him and everyone, including the fans and media, thought it was pretty much a done deal with just the final details to sort out but that one fell through. And around the same time Alex Sandro was more than willing to join and Juve also made their asking price clear but that one didn't happen either.

So I wouldn't say Havertz is in the bag yet either, lots of things could still go wrong. And while I believe it's going to happen in the end, I'd still prefer this to be done asap so that the club can focus fully on the remaining targets and player sales. Still a lot to do in the transfer window after Havertz.

Of course she has done some bad business, but point me at someone who hasn't, and I am the biggest critic of this board at times.

We would all want this done yesterday but the problem here is people have no idea what is going on behind closed doors and also where we are in the deal for Havertz. 

They want 100m we are trying to lower it 20m so just wait now... Can you blame Marina for wanting to do this in position and climate we have? His body language the other day said to me that he is not happy with negotiations still going on.

4 minutes ago, Jype said:

Paying 90m for Lukaku and 70m for Sandro was too much anyway.