• Kovacic
    • Pedro
    • Mount
    • Giroud
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

30 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

sack lampard for? another italian coach as allegri? pochettino the king of the losers? 

Them Italian managers have given us plenty to cheer about, and you put Poch in udt and I promise he will do damage, he is a good manager theres no denying that mate.

Yup today will be one of them days where we will run out of gas and get punished somehow. And expect some bent ref to fuck us over, they are pushing udt for CL.

9 minutes ago, Nicco said:

Pochettino is 10 times the coach Lampard is, it doesn't matter if he is a serial loser, we have no shape with Lampard, we play shit on a stick.

Problem is, there's is less than a zero percent chance Pochettino will come here.

6 minutes ago, Nicco said:

Pochettino is 10 times the coach Lampard is, it doesn't matter if he is a serial loser, we have no shape with Lampard, we play shit on a stick.

yes, but what results would poch obtain that lampard will not do? with these players he would do pretty much the same results imho

Not a fan of 3atb against these type of teams but unlike Southampton atleast the appropriate players are being used this time (ala natural fullback on the back three for balance sake and two wingbacks with end product).

Should only ever be considered if Azpi, James and Marcos are all available.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

great to see giroud instead of bats :dance:

Not too surprised by the line up, I thought he would stick with 343/351 as whilst it is not ideal it is more suited to us than 433 where we are wide open to the counter all the time. 

As for starting XI, I am not surprised Alonso starts. I say this as after Giroud he is our most dangerous player that is fit. Further who actually wants to see Emerson again?

Willian looks like he will be on his way out. If he cannot get in ahead of Barkley and Pedro when both CHO and Puli are injured then that speaks volumes. 

Mount is not going to play wide, he will be behind Giroud. Width is going to come from Alonso and James. 

Good to see Tomori back and that AC looks as if he is CB1. For me, whilst AC lacks aggression and physicality, he actually does the basics of defending pretty well i.e. positioning, showing the defender down the lines, not allowing himself to get caught cold by ball watching etc. Obviously he has his flaws but as a CB he actually appears to know how to play the position in a mature manner than the other three.

Lastly, happy to see Kepa on the bench again. Bloke is an absolute liability.

Kepa surely is out the door this summer

I cannot believe we are going to have to rely on the dodgy Willy for the last 15 games of the year

what a fucking cock-up by the board

£142m dropped and we have a 38yo shaky as fuck keeper to hitch our little blue wagon to

4 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

yes, but what results would poch obtain that lampard will not do? with these players he would do pretty much the same results imho

We just might but I feel we would be more solid, tactically much better and sound. Can FL get to that level? Possibly, but as of right now Poch is far superior overall. Its not fair either as FL has 1 year experience.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

I cannot believe we are going to have to rely on the dodgy Willy for the last 15 games of the year

£142m dropped and we have a 38yo shaky as fuck keeper to hitch our little blue wagon to

maybe something has happened between kepa and lampard

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I don't think Kepa will leave. It will almost be an identical situation to Claudio Bravo where he stays as a (very expensive) back up to the new keeper while Willy walks on a free.

That's assuming Kepa doesn't use this as a kick up the arse, I think he will get one more chance, starting with the Liverpool game.