• Alonso
    • Jorginho
    • Kovacic
    • Mount
    • Barkley
    • Giroud
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

Christensen has been a very dubious decision to start in recent weeks, but he does seem better suited to a back three so hopefully will bring the best out in him.

This clearly isn't just a move to shock Kepa into knuckling down, it appears Lampard has lost complete faith in him. I can't say I blame him with how poor he's been, particularly in the last couple of months, however Caballero is equally as poor, if not worse.

Pleased to see Giroud getting a game but we have to play to his strengths. Barkley and Mount have to play close to him and get on the end of knock downs and the wing backs need to be crossing the ball for him to attack. Hopefully at worst we see him backing up Tammy moving forward instead of Batshuayi.

Desperately need a spark. A couple of players playing themselves into form, somebody scoring in 4 or 5 games in a row, just something! Hopefully today and the magnitude of the match will do just that.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

With the exception of AC, that might be the best we can hope for considering our injuries.

That Spuds team really doesn't look at all scary. But neither did United's. 

Or Bournemouth...Newcastle. I'm not expecting anything different.

Do feel for Kepa...

I think 3-4-2-1 is the best formation for us at the moment. With Alonso and James on the wings we should be able to cause a lot of problems for Spurs. And they usually dont have the answer for three at the back. 

Im only suprised Lampard still prefers Willy over Kepa. 

21 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

This clearly isn't just a move to shock Kepa into knuckling down, it appears Lampard has lost complete faith in him. I can't say I blame him with how poor he's been, particularly in the last couple of months, however Caballero is equally as poor, if not worse.

At this point, I wonder if Lampard is waiting for a more gentle fixture to throw Kepa back in (e.g. Bournemouth next weekend). Because if Kepa is thrown back into one of these big games and costs us again, you feel like that's him gone then, the pressure will be even more relentless, the confidence will be shot etc.

Not sure why everyone is so shocked about kepa. He was statistically the worst keeper across all top 4 leagues. Willy is obviously not the answer either but willy til the end of the season and get a new keeper in has to be the way forward.

Theres a reason why we have an xG of - 9 and the worst chance conceding percentage in the league.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

At this point, I wonder if Lampard is waiting for a more gentle fixture to throw Kepa back in (e.g. Bournemouth next weekend). Because if Kepa is thrown back into one of these big games and costs us again, you feel like that's him gone then, the pressure will be even more relentless, the confidence will be shot etc.

Possibly. It's hardly like Caballero has done much of note to make the shirt his own.

I'd be surprised if Kepa doesn't win his place back at some stage, but I'd be equally surprised if he's still number one next season.

3 minutes ago, Hutcho said:

Not sure why everyone is so shocked about kepa. He was statistically the worst keeper across all top 4 leagues. Willy is obviously not the answer either but willy til the end of the season and get a new keeper in has to be the way forward.

Theres a reason why we have an xG of - 9 and the worst chance conceding percentage in the league.

Kepa's one of the reasons but not the only one, is it? You only have to look at the goals we conceded against United on Monday - weak and pathetic defending from the defenders ahead of the keeper.