• Kante
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • James (sub)
    • Mount (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

19 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I get the CL games are big games usually but even then wouldnt necessarily say Ajax is as big a game to be counted as that. Theyre a good team but I did think we should be beating them for sure. They lost their 2 best players in the summer, who were hugely fundamental in how they got to the CL semis last year along with Dusan Tadic.

The big league games weve played weve dropped points and that is a shame. Spurs and Arsenal to come yet hopefully have more luck,  although big games were a problem even under Sarri and Conte in his 2nd year.

Frenkie de Jong and Matthijs de Ligt got all the headlines last season for sure, but in reality Hakim Ziyech, Dusan Tadic and Daley Blind were just as important to their success last season if not even more. Just like everyone is currently hyping up our 'youth revolution' even though Jorginho and Kovacic have been the two standouts in this team. Ajax are still a great team right now, top10 in Europe. Look at the football they are still playing, the results they are getting. They play some stunning football.

Speaking of Hakim Ziyech, we need to get him asap. He's the real deal. One of the most in-form attacking players in Europe right now

I'm actually happy that we played good over there instead of the usual we had with Mourinho or Conte of suffering with the ball.... 
But yesterday it showed clearly what I have been saying we need a topic striker and top cb and Lb. 
Tammy has done great but not a striker we should have as elite like Costa and Drogba. So would love to spend on a top striker. Top striker, Tammy and bats will be good for rotation. 
Defense have said it for a while be thankful that zouma level gone up because we can sell him for some money. Don't want zouma next season to be there in the defense. Get a top cb. 
And Lb, yeah I would take chilwell over Emerson. I will be happy with chilwell and Emerson for depth at Lb. 
So please club those are the only 3 areas that should prioritize in order to move up in quality. 
So what would a World class striker changed in that much? Tammy got zero passes played to him and he is no Messi that he receives the ball from very deep and then does his Messi run and scores a solo goal. Tammy did the most he could and he should have gotten an Assist,but Willian did miss his Chance.

You know that Costa got millions of Fabrepasses right ? Remember the City vs chelsea match 2014, in which Costa was getting no Fabrepasses. He made Mangala look completely World class. But was Mangala back then World class ? No...
Costa received shit passes or no passes and it made Mangala look like a prime Kompany.
World class strikers also need World class passes. Aguero, maybe the best striker ever in PL, receives 10 World class passes every match from KDB, Bernardo and David Silva, Gündogan etc. and Aguero still misses a lot of these chances. Nobody at City wants Another striker...
Tammy reiceved one Fabrepass this season from Jorginho and he scored. Give him better passes in big games and he will score more.
Players like Aguero receive KDB passes all match long.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

The big league games weve played weve dropped points and that is a shame. Spurs and Arsenal to come yet hopefully have more luck,  although big games were a problem even under Sarri and Conte in his 2nd year.

Our PL record against the Big 6 in the last 2 seasons are the same - P10 W3 D3 L4. 

In Conte's final season, we picked up 7 points from the home games and 5 from away fixtures.

Under Sarri, we picked up 10 points from the home fixtures and just the 1 away from home.

6 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

Frenkie de Jong and Matthijs de Ligt got all the headlines last season for sure, but in reality Hakim Ziyech, Dusan Tadic and Daley Blind were just as important to their success last season if not even more. Just like everyone is currently hyping up our 'youth revolution' even though Jorginho and Kovacic have been the two standouts in this team. Ajax are still a great team right now, top10 in Europe. Look at the football they are still playing, the results they are getting. They play some stunning football.

Speaking of Hakim Ziyech, we need to get him asap. He's the real deal. One of the most in-form attacking players in Europe right now

Wouldnt say there in top 10 of Europe this season. Yes the footballs good to watch, Ill agree there but they arent in the top 10 teams this season.

Yes Ziyech, Neres, Tadic and Blind all contributed last year but de Jong and de Ligt were the clear stand outs for me and Tangliafico (spelling?) caught my eye, the LB, looks like he could easily play at a higher level.

Even last year, I would of still thought we could beat Ajax (would of been tougher than this season 100%), especially with Ruben and Eden.

They are a good team yea, still though a team who have lost their 2 best players and quite frankly if we defended better in the 4-4 game we would and should of beat them. For me, we should be beating Valencia too, who yes are a good team but youd still expect us to win them games if I'm honest. We arent the finished article I know but games against Ajax and Valencia should be winnable for this group of players. 

Obviously didnt pan out that way but I wouldnt say they are big games, like the City and Liverpool games were. Given how we played against Liverpool (CL winners) in the supercup and got at City yesterday at times, not winning those CL games v Ajax and Valencia at the Bridge doesnt look quite as good either, if I am honest. Even at times how we got at United in the first game. We are definitely capable of beating Ajax and Valencias.

5 hours ago, killer1257 said:

So what would a World class striker changed in that much? Tammy got zero passes played to him and he is no Messi that he receives the ball from very deep and then does his Messi run and scores a solo goal. Tammy did the most he could and he should have gotten an Assist,but Willian did miss his Chance.

You know that Costa got millions of Fabrepasses right ? Remember the City vs chelsea match 2014, in which Costa was getting no Fabrepasses. He made Mangala look completely World class. But was Mangala back then World class ? No...
Costa received shit passes or no passes and it made Mangala look like a prime Kompany.
World class strikers also need World class passes. Aguero, maybe the best striker ever in PL, receives 10 World class passes every match from KDB, Bernardo and David Silva, Gündogan etc. and Aguero still misses a lot of these chances. Nobody at City wants Another striker...
Tammy reiceved one Fabrepass this season from Jorginho and he scored. Give him better passes in big games and he will score more.
Players like Aguero receive KDB passes all match long.

completely agree

Tammy often gets overall poor service, especially compared to Shitty's 2 CF's

completely agree
Tammy often gets overall poor service, especially compared to Shitty's 2 CF's
That is sadly something people don't say or see. Always moaning about players without seeing the bigger picture Mourinho style.

10 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

That is sadly something people don't say or see. Always moaning about players without seeing the bigger picture Mourinho style.

it is why I have been slamming my head for 6 years (from when we sold De Bruyne in January 2014 with no buyback clause)

That sale, the non sale of Willian for £65m to Barca right after we finished the Aussie tour in summer 2018 (ridiculous to say we could not have upgraded with that cash, which I have seen stated here and elsewhere), and the disastrous Drinkwater buy are all in the top 10 worst EPL deals in the past 10 years.

Not sure we learn anything new about this team. We have shown that we can attack and score against most team and anytime we play against team that can hurt us, we pretty much will concede tons of chances. It is the same story against united, City, pool, and most of our ucl games. 

Last time I watched city for full 90 was against spurs, yesterday they look like a shadow of that team. Their pressing is not as aggressive as it used to be. They were there for the taking. It was so easy for our midfield to find pulisic. Plus not sure about their CB. If we still had Fabregas, we probably would have scored more. A couple of long ball, I take my chances with Tammy vs Fernandinho

Decent match ... we played well in part and took the attack to City which is commendable. Would have loved to have something out of the match other than decent performance but no worries, it was fun to watch. We should only be going up from where we placed right now. 

The only critic would be we kept playing too long in our half ... we need to find a way to seamless transition from back to the mid.