Chelsea Women Thread

57 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

And two more rumoured; Amy Lawrence - PSG - RB/LB, and Esther Gonzalez - Real Madrid - CF.

I really like all of the signings so far, but Macario and Nusken are probably my favourites. A glimpse of what Nusken can bring: -

21 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

And two more rumoured; Amy Lawrence - PSG - RB/LB, and Esther Gonzalez - Real Madrid - CF.

I really like all of the signings so far, but Macario and Nusken are probably my favourites. A glimpse of what Nusken can bring: -

I want to win the CL next season!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

The confirmation of this deal brings in the last of the players we were strongly linked with this window, other than Hannah Hampton. There is though one more big name player, Kadidiatou Diani of PSG, who we have been linked with. That rumour does not sound at all reliable mind you. Diani is a top level, right-sided, attacker but she has the reputation of being a trouble-maker.

Chelsea Women confirm signing of Ashley Lawrence from Paris Saint-Germain

https://theathletic.com/4655344/2023/06/30/Chelsea-women-sign-ashley-lawrence/

Ashley Lawrence

Chelsea have completed the signing of Canada international Ashley Lawrence from Paris Saint-Germain.

The 28-year-old full-back has signed a three-year deal to keep her at the club until 2026.

Lawrence is Chelsea’s fifth summer signing following the arrivals of Alejandra Bernabe, Catarina Macario, Sjoeke Nusken and Nicky Evrard.

“I’m really excited and grateful to be joining such a top club in England and in Europe,” Lawrence said. “There are a lot of emotions, excitement and I’m looking forward to meeting everyone, the rest of the players and staff and to next season.”

Lawrence joined PSG in 2017 following spells at Toronto Lady Lynx, Ottawa Fury and Vaughan Azzurri in her native Canada. She made 20 league appearances during the 2020-21 season as PSG won the Division 1 Feminine title for the first time, ending Lyon’s 14 years of dominance.

Lawrence made her Canada debut in 2013 and has been capped 117 times at senior international. She was an integral part of Canada’s 2020 Olympic gold medal triumph and has been included in Bev Priestman’s squad for this summer’s World Cup.

The 2021 Ballon d’Or nominee will join up with compatriots Jessie Fleming and Kadeisha Buchanan at Chelsea.

“Ashley has established herself as one of the best full-backs in the women’s game for both club and country,” said Emma Hayes. “Her ability to get forward, her progressive play into the final third is a standout strength and she can play on both the left and right side. We’re really looking forward to having her with us.”

Chelsea head into the 2023-24 Women’s Super League season chasing their fifth successive league title.

3 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

That's a relief. Was really concerned how we were going to cope with only four first team keepers. Now we have five I can relax. 🙂

At a guess, this has to mean that Ann-Katrin Berger is gone when her contract expires at the end of next season. Before that we'll surely be on the hunt for another club, in addition to Brighton, that's in the market for a goalie. That might be a loan deal, or a permanent one, but there's no way we're carrying four first team keepers in the squad.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

• 2 weeks later...