Chelsea Women Thread

15 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Went to see the women today in Bristol -good support from London. Trounced them 3-0 

Enjoyable afternoon. Thought we played way better than last two outings. Felt Sjoke was good, ditto Ashley Lawrence, Ezza also. Really liked Hannah Hampton today too. Lived up to the billing as being the best around with her feet. Apart from the error which almost gifted them a goal thought she looked pretty competent. Hope to see her given more chances.

Hats off to Bristol City. They are really getting right with building support. I was at Guro's first game for us at Bristol a few years back. It was played at Stoke Gifford in what was basically a university athletics track. There were maybe 150 Chelsea fans there and even fewer Robins' followers. Today they attracted well over 9000. Nice stadium, good fans lots of positive steps being taken. And they competed better than any Bristol team I've seen.

20 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Enjoyable afternoon. Thought we played way better than last two outings. Felt Sjoke was good, ditto Ashley Lawrence, Ezza also. Really liked Hannah Hampton today too. Lived up to the billing as being the best around with her feet. Apart from the error which almost gifted them a goal thought she looked pretty competent. Hope to see her given more chances.

Hats off to Bristol City. They are really getting right with building support. I was at Guro's first game for us at Bristol a few years back. It was played at Stoke Gifford in what was basically a university athletics track. There were maybe 150 Chelsea fans there and even fewer Robins' followers. Today they attracted well over 9000. Nice stadium, good fans lots of positive steps being taken. And they competed better than any Bristol team I've seen.

Yes was a good day there -capped by the stadium providing free mince pies 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/12/2023 at 16:22, Fulham Broadway said:

Yes was a good day there -capped by the stadium providing free mince pies 

Some friends treated me to hospitality at this game. I thought the mince pies were a part of the package. Little did I know. 🙂 

55 minutes ago, Vesper said:

A blow without doubt and one which might impact Sam's plans for next season. Her current deal expires this summer but, with her fiancee moving to England for the next 18-months, it looked like Sam would have been seeking at least a one-year extension. Will Chelsea be prepared to give her a new 12-month deal while knowing she'll play half of it at the very most? Perhaps Sam will have to commit until summer '26, or beyond, to get a new contract out of the club now.

As for the cover we have within our squad, we'll miss Sam in some ways but not in others. Sam is nothing special in general play and is outright hopeless in one-on-one situations. For instinctive finishes, movement in the box, and aura on the pitch, she has no equal in the WSL. All of which adds to saying that we have backup for some aspects of her play but not for others. My choice would be to promote Aggie Beaver-Jones but Emma's selection and substitution policy suggests that she is more likely to rely on Mia Fishel. We'll get a clue from her line up against West Ham next weekend.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

2-0 up v Gooners

James and Cuthbert

Second correctly given to Nusken. She tapped in right in front of me from Ezza's effort. 🙂

Sjoke has since added a third when a shot from JRK deflected off her and past Zinsberger. The keeper probably had Yo-Yo's shot covered. 3-0 Half time.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

5 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Second correctly given to Nusken. She tapped in right in front of me from Ezza's effort. 🙂

Sjoke has since added a third when a shot from JRK deflected off her and past Zinsberger. The keeper probably had Yo-Yo's shot covered. 3-0 Half time.

3rd has been given to Nusken too