Said Benrahma

Unionjack

• 1 year later...

He looks more like a no.10 than a winger to me. Not sure if he is a good fit. We have made the mistake of signing unnecessary bench players for mega money in the past before when we could as well make up the numbers with academy graduates. This makes me think we should pass on him given his price, probable role in the club, lack of top-level experience and lack of pace. I know people are maybe panicking a bit bc Pedro and Willian will leave us leaving us with just 3 wingers in CHO, Pulisic and Ziyech but Mount, Barkley, Ruben, Werner can comfortabl play on the wing thus also relieving some of the stockpiling in the cm position.

9 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

He looks more like a no.10 than a winger to me. Not sure if he is a good fit. We have made the mistake of signing unnecessary bench players for mega money in the past before when we could as well make up the numbers with academy graduates. This makes me think we should pass on him given his price, probable role in the club, lack of top-level experience and lack of pace. I know people are maybe panicking a bit bc Pedro and Willian will leave us leaving us with just 3 wingers in CHO, Pulisic and Ziyech but Mount, Barkley, Ruben, Werner can comfortabl play on the wing thus also relieving some of the stockpiling in the cm position.

Quite agree until you brought up Barkley into the equation...I want him sold 

Sell Barkley and Jorginho and go get me Kai Havertz with him in our squad we gonna walk the league

1 hour ago, Alabama said:

Quite agree until you brought up Barkley into the equation...I want him sold 

Sell Barkley and Jorginho and go get me Kai Havertz with him in our squad we gonna walk the league

Agree until the last part. We are not winning the league with the GK, LB, and CB situ we have now, even with Havertz.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Agree until the last part. We are not winning the league with the GK, LB, and CB situ we have now, even with Havertz.

Of course you are spot on...that's why I said selling both Barkley and Joginho because we have the fund for left back position though Ben we are after the transfer fee I dont like would rather Theo and due to his versatility....pacy skilful infact he is zillion miles ahead of Ben and can slot in centre back position if need be because from all our transfer links it seems CB is our least priority...

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

nice hattrick for him. surely one of the best players in CS for whatever its worth

Brentford has 3 of the top 15 Championship players, 2 of them are top 4 or 5

Jude Bellingham   Central Midfield   
Aleksandar Mitrovic   Centre-Forward
Saïd Benrahma   Left Winger
Ollie Watkins    Centre-Forward
Hélder Costa   Right Winger
Conor Gallagher  Defensive Midfield
Ben White    Centre-Back   
Han-Noah Massengo Central Midfield
Bryan Mbeumo   Right Winger
Eberechi Eze    Attacking Midfield
Filip Benkovic    Centre-Back
Bradley Dack    Attacking Midfield
Tom Cairney   Attacking Midfield
Karlan Grant      Centre-Forward
Jayden Bogle   Right-Back

23 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

His international teammate saying congratulations on Chelsea???

Screenshot_20200708-004737_Twitter.jpg

A Said Benrahma-inspired Brentford came from a goal down with 16 minutes to go to beat a dogged Charlton side at Griffin Park and keep their hopes of an automatic promotion place alive.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52145414

The hosts went behind early on to Macauley Bonne's header - which ended Brentford's five-game run of clean sheets - but dominated much of the proceedings, with Benrahma at the heart of it.

Having scored a hat-trick against Wigan on Saturday, he again showed his class with half-a-dozen efforts and won a 74th-minute penalty which he converted to level.

Benrahma's deflected shot with six minutes left brought a fantastic reaction save from Dillon Phillips, but Ethan Pinnock rose to head Brentford's winner from the resulting corner.

The victory sees the third-placed Bees close the gap on second-placed West Bromwich Albion to two points, having played a game more, while Charlton slip to 20th place, two points above the relegation places.

snip

Benrahma gives Bees their sting

Since the Championship restarted after the Covid-19 outbreak, Benrahma has been at the centre of Brentford's charge for a top-two place.

Having scored one and made the other in their win over then-third-placed Fulham, the Algerian scored all three on Saturday as they beat Wigan and at times Charlton found him unplayable.

Twice in the first half he curled efforts just wide of the far post, and he should have scored with two further chances before the hour.

Josh Cullen, though, was unable to stop himself fouling Benrahma for the penalty after a good ball into the box and he sent Phillips the wrong way from the spot.

Josh Dasilva hit the post for the Bees a couple of minutes after the equaliser in a move that began when Benrahma's shot from the edge of the box was saved.

And it was another save from a Benrahma effort which caused the corner that saw centre-back Pinnock rise highest to head in.

Not sure if we are going to continue to build on what we've done this season and try close the gap for next, that signing a championship player is the best step for us.

He might be a talented boy, he looks it in some of what I have seen but I think that he is a risky signing for a club with our aspirations and would be uninspiring in comparison to Werner and Ziyech.

For me I see this potential move in 2 different ways. I look at Adel Taraabt who lit up the championship and couldn't make a real dent in the PL and then I look at Dan James who was United’s real stand out at the beginning of the season after a decent season with Swansea. 

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Not sure if we are going to continue to build on what we've done this season and try close the gap for next, that signing a championship player is the best step for us.

He might be a talented boy, he looks it in some of what I have seen but I think that he is a risky signing for a club with our aspirations and would be uninspiring in comparison to Werner and Ziyech.

For me I see this potential move in 2 different ways. I look at Adel Taraabt who lit up the championship and couldn't make a real dent in the PL and then I look at Dan James who was United’s real stand out at the beginning of the season after a decent season with Swansea. 

Also Mahrez, who is a very similar player albeit the left footed version. He himself was s standout Championship player and made the step up to the PL very well.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You