Gonzalo Higuain

the wes

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Both Morata and Higuain are hopeless but it's a case of choosing the best from the worst. We all thought Higuain would be an improvement on Morata but he has been an utter disaster. Scored only 4 league goals (against sides sitting in 15th, 19th and 20th) and has done nothing whatsoever that makes better than Morata. Should have stuck with Morata in January - at least he would have given us some mobility, pace and some presence with his height in the box. 

The opposite is the case. Most people did not want him and were right. Most wanted a young, in-form striker who would command half the wages and there were people available that fulfilled the criteria

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Is Sarri genuinely deluded or is he trying to take us for a fool? Sure, players need time to adapt when they come to the Premier League but Suarez was 24 when he joined Liverpool while Higuain turns 32 later this year. Suarez was always gonna have plenty of room for improvement, plenty of time to adapt and grow at that age but Higuain? LMAO This isn't Serie A, where players into their late 30s can still score like 40 goals per season. This is the Premier League and in recent years, I can hardly remember a player well into their 30s do well and do well over the course of a season!

Lampard and Drogba had a good scoring record even aged 31 or 32, Defoe scored when he came back, Saha was prolific in his mid 30ies, there are plenty of examples but most of them knew the league inside out and put in a lot of work. When you are not quick or strong you need to be brilliant in timing your runs and doing them over and over again, read the defenders and their movements. 

Still genuinely think most strikers would struggle in this side regardless of age, quality or whatever. The ball goes into the final third centrally or wide on either wing and instead of looking for a quick release to the CF or whatever, it is far too slow, far too laboured, theres far too many touches, too many people coming towards the ball rather than make runs away from the ball even if they dont recieve it. So regardless, if its Jovic, Morata, Higuain, Suarez, Benzema, Kane or whoever, if our play in the final 3rd is the same next season our striker will struggle. I think Eden leaving could be a blessing (yes I have said that), one of his greatest attributes is dribbling but theres times I want to see him pop it off and run in behind a defence to get into more scoring positions rather than try beat peoole. Willian is another who dribbles more than what you'd normally have seen at Napoli under Sarri with Insigne and Callejon in the wide roles. The speed of our play all over the pitch is a massive issue, regardless of personnel. 

8 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Still genuinely think most strikers would struggle in this side regardless of age, quality or whatever. The ball goes into the final third centrally or wide on either wing and instead of looking for a quick release to the CF or whatever, it is far too slow, far too laboured, theres far too many touches, too many people coming towards the ball rather than make runs away from the ball even if they dont recieve it. So regardless, if its Jovic, Morata, Higuain, Suarez, Benzema, Kane or whoever, if our play in the final 3rd is the same next season our striker will struggle. I think Eden leaving could be a blessing (yes I have said that), one of his greatest attributes is dribbling but theres times I want to see him pop it off and run in behind a defence to get into more scoring positions rather than try beat peoole. Willian is another who dribbles more than what you'd normally have seen at Napoli under Sarri with Insigne and Callejon in the wide roles. The speed of our play all over the pitch is a massive issue, regardless of personnel. 

I think an all action striker who can create chances on his own and turns half chances into goals like a prime Drogba or Agüero would do just fine in this system. It is about finishing, strikers instinct and work rate that our frontmen are missing all of them or at least 2 of those to get into the positions as frequently as they should. 

I think our major pitfall and disadvantage compared to teams like City is not technique or pace, both of which we have plenty in the squad but intelligence. If our peple could see the spaces the Sivla's do or even KDB or Gündogan and have the timing to complete the passes then our attack would have mcuh more variety and the strikers automatically score more. So it is a combination of both, lack of intelligence from our midfielders and wingers as well as lack of quality by our strikers.

6 hours ago, Jason said:

Both Morata and Higuain are hopeless but it's a case of choosing the best from the worst. We all thought Higuain would be an improvement on Morata but he has been an utter disaster. Scored only 4 league goals (against sides sitting in 15th, 19th and 20th) and has done nothing whatsoever that makes better than Morata. Should have stuck with Morata in January - at least he would have given us some mobility, pace and some presence with his height in the box. 

Not so sure.

When we had Morata, we wanted Hig. When we have Hig, we want Morata.

Both have proven to be not good enough for striker spot, regardless of who is better. Even if Morata is better than Hig, he isnt good enough to make any change. 

Higuain has problems, Morata just has different problems. He rarely shoots, when he does, he misses entire goal. He has pace but always gets bullied, isnt agressive enough etc. 

4 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

The opposite is the case. Most people did not want him and were right. Most wanted a young, in-form striker who would command half the wages and there were people available that fulfilled the criteria

Yes but for a short term fix, we all thought Higuain was going to do fine but it hasn't turned out that way.

4 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Lampard and Drogba had a good scoring record even aged 31 or 32, Defoe scored when he came back, Saha was prolific in his mid 30ies, there are plenty of examples but most of them knew the league inside out and put in a lot of work. When you are not quick or strong you need to be brilliant in timing your runs and doing them over and over again, read the defenders and their movements. 

But not all in recent seasons. 

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Not so sure.

When we had Morata, we wanted Hig. When we have Hig, we want Morata.

Pretty sure not everyone was convinced over Higuain. People were just happy that it's a short term fix.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Higuain has problems, Morata just has different problems. He rarely shoots, when he does, he misses entire goal. He has pace but always gets bullied, isnt agressive enough etc. 

Sure but what does Higuain even offer? We can agree that both are terrible but like I said, between the two, it's a case of choosing the best from the worst. Give me someone who can at least contribute with 1-2 attributes over someone that can't contribute at all. 

13 hours ago, bakayokofan said:

Lolololol

yesterday was the same thing lol.  always delayed passes, except in the last minute en fact only a great save of de gea saves them from the defeat 

I love being right. Warned about this donkey since I joined. Sarri demanded him, and the worst board of any top 25 club obliged the old smoker. All 3 need to go. Somehow we managed to find worse £40m plus striker than gel boy. 

Due to the bans we are going to have to just hope Giroud can still play and Tammy steps up, unless we bring back Morata for a year. Hell, try the turtle at CF. At least he can shoot (which makes it so maddening he cannot cross).

50 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I love being right. Warned about this donkey since I joined. 

I think 90% of the guys on this forum predict that well Im fed up watch our club throwing money away at awful targets we need to hire a top quality DOF at the club to stop the Drinkwater, Alonso, Zappa signings only decent signing sarri make was kepa

2 hours ago, Antonio8 said:

yesterday was the same thing lol.  always delayed passes, except in the last minute en fact only a great save of de gea saves them from the defeat 

Hmmm.

I kind of admire when people stick to the things they support even at the worst moment. 

BUT (and a big one), I hate it when people try to change/morph the reality and the facts just to suit the agenda and arguments. Just makes you think if the person is a troll or genuine.

Higuain was pathetic yesterday, he has been beyond pathetic since he came. He is fat, he is slow, has no pace, no aerial presence and provides absolutely nothing to a team that is fighting for top4. Forget top4, he won't be able to displace vardy from Leicester, Jimenez/jota from wolves, deeney from Watford and lewin from everton. That's his level. Not a top10 PL striker.

10 minutes ago, bakayokofan said:

Hmmm.

I kind of admire when people stick to the things they support even at the worst moment. 

BUT (and a big one), I hate it when people try to change/morph the reality and the facts just to suit the agenda and arguments. Just makes you think if the person is a troll or genuine.

Higuain was pathetic yesterday, he has been beyond pathetic since he came. He is fat, he is slow, has no pace, no aerial presence and provides absolutely nothing to a team that is fighting for top4. Forget top4, he won't be able to displace vardy from Leicester, Jimenez/jota from wolves, deeney from Watford and lewin from everton. That's his level. Not a top10 PL striker.

troll or genuine. talk about your ideas and not about people you don't know

I look at the stats, higuain has 4 expected goals in chelsea and 4 goal scored. giroud in EPL, with almost the same minutes has 4 expected goals and 2 scored. 

the assists came from: azpi, jorgi, kante. the best assistman of the squad doesn't pass him a single ball. 

these are facts. bye 

20 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

troll or genuine. talk about your ideas and not about people you don't know

I look at the stats, higuain has 4 expected goals in chelsea and 4 goal scored. giroud in EPL, with almost the same minutes has 4 expected goals and 2 scored. 

the assists came from: azpi, jorgi, kante. the best assistman of the squad doesn't pass him a single ball. 

these are facts. bye 

Hahhahahhaha. Troll. 

Maybe he does not pass him the ball because the fat fuck is not in a good enough position to get it. Maybe like yesterday he is always offside. I mean hazard has the highest assists in PL, right? So are you saying hazard knowingly does not assist the fatty? Trololol

4 minutes ago, bakayokofan said:

Hahhahahhaha. Troll. 

Maybe he does not pass him the ball because the fat fuck is not in a good enough position to get it. Maybe like yesterday he is always offside. I mean hazard has the highest assists in PL, right? So are you saying hazard knowingly does not assist the fatty? Trololol

bakayoko fan 

it says everything :D

1 minute ago, Antonio8 said:

bakayoko fan 

it says everything :D

It says that I like baka. But i can accept he was poor when playing for chelsea. Unlike you who needs to distort facts and figures in trying to troll people or big up his agenda. 

That says more than "everything".

I do think some of the runs he makes and off the ball movement is very intelligent and high quality, and there is definitely a dis-connect there between him and the rest of the players keeping an eye out for his runs and finding him. In games like Burnley he is potentially a very good option when deeps sit deep defending, due to his movement around the box. In games like yesterday where teams play a higher defensive line he's not the right option because he doesn't have the pace to run in behind. We don't have a striker at present to be able to do that but at least with Giroud his hold up and link up play is usually on point and would allow the likes of Hazard and Willian to run in behind him who do have the pace to exploit.

He also doesn't help himself. His hold up and link up play sometimes looks pretty good and at other times is atrocious. Same with his work rate and pressing, at times its done well and at other times its completely non-existent. 

If the club can overturn or defer the ban, then an elite striker must be number one priority in the summer.