Gonzalo Higuain

the wes

1 hour ago, DDA said:

Lethal finisher but his attitude stinks. Always moaning when he doesn't get the ball. Passion, yea I love that but there is a fine line between passion and behaving like a childish twat.

From what it appears he seems a likeable person away from matches which I think is far more important.

I don't mind it in a game, I can't think of a recent or current elite level striker (Higuain may not be that anymore but he definitely has been) who doesn't have a 'twattish' part to their personality. I think if anything its what gives them an edge.

I think a lot of it is pure frustration. Firstly he's playing to stay here longer than this summer which only adds to the current pressurised environment he's playing in at present.

Higuain in the short time he has been here probably has the best movement off the ball I've seen in a Chelsea striker since Vialli. He's not got pace, but he seems to make and find space for himself. And if those runs are found, more often than not he can get a shot away and he is still an extremely good finisher he won't ever lose that part of his game. But our build up play is so slow and we have so many players holding on to the ball for far too long, he needs players around him to be more aware of his movements to find him quicker because we're not doing that enough at present.

I think if I was him making those runs off the ball, and all I saw was near constant recycling of possession across the back line with a distinct lack of penetration in our play, I would get extremely frustrated also.

On 23/4/2019 at 8:31 AM, DDA said:

Lethal finisher but his attitude stinks. Always moaning when he doesn't get the ball. Passion, yea I love that but there is a fine line between passion and behaving like a childish twat.

agree, he's too nervous 

but he is also a great player 

Lazy fatass.

Sucking on 300k a week or howevermuch he has and does fuck all.

Run for 30 seconds, fail to press or do anything, starts bitching around and then walks for 5 min.

Pedro was launching counter and he casualy joggs. 

Offside all the time, doesnt score a golden chance and when he has ideal chance to pass to Eden who would be 1v1, he attempts that so badly that it gets easily intercepted.

I supported this dude when he came, speed is something you either have or you dont. But this dude is lazy as fuck. Probs doesnt even give a shit with all those offsides, no other explanation given he is experienced player and used to thrive on positioning.

Get in the fucking shape for that paycheck.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Said it before and I'll say it again, Morata is like 10x better than Higuain! We wasted our money on someone who is no improvement to the previous striker. In fact, he's far worse! :rant:

And knowing someone in the board think yeah let's keep him on! 

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Said it before and I'll say it again, Morata is like 10x better than Higuain! We wasted our money on someone who is no improvement to the previous striker. In fact, he's far worse! :rant:

Both are crap. Both kill the joy out of the team because both have mentality of a snail with a broken shell.

We would probably play better if we had one of female strikers from Chelsea ladies.

Now the real problem is Sarri. If he thinks Higs is good enough, he and his pal can both fuck off to Italy. 

On Higuain: "For a striker it is difficult to get used to the Premier League, for every striker, I remember Suarez at Liverpool in first season only scores three goals, then 16, then 24, but it's difficult to adapt to this Premier League. I think in the next season he will be able to score a lot."

Will Higuain be at Chelsea next season? "I don't know, I'm not in charge of the market so I cannot answer these questions. In theory, yes."

Take that theory elsewhere! 

Then again it should be his decision as manager.. 

12 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

On Higuain: "For a striker it is difficult to get used to the Premier League, for every striker, I remember Suarez at Liverpool in first season only scores three goals, then 16, then 24, but it's difficult to adapt to this Premier League. I think in the next season he will be able to score a lot."

Will Higuain be at Chelsea next season? "I don't know, I'm not in charge of the market so I cannot answer these questions. In theory, yes."

Take that theory elsewhere! 

I love how our club always conveniently compare only stuff that suits them.

Our striker cant score, but neither did some dude in 1953. Our coach isnt winning every game, but neither did Klopp. 

However what they forget to add is that Suarez did alot of running, pressing, buildup, linkup etc. Higuain offers fuck all.

They also forget to mention that Klopp installed his attacking mentality to his team and implement it in most games despite lack of results. Sarri did neither in this season. 

Anyway if Sarri theory is to be believed, then Higuain will score 20 goals+ in Suarez esque way in his 3rd season here when he is 33. Cant wait for it.

1 minute ago, BlueLyon said:

I love how our club always conveniently compare only stuff that suits them.

Our striker cant score, but neither did some dude in 1953. Our coach isnt winning every game, but neither did Klopp. 

However what they forget to add is that Suarez did alot of running, pressing, buildup, linkup etc. Higuain offers fuck all.

They also forget to mention that Klopp installed his attacking mentality to his team and implement it in most games despite lack of results. Sarri did neither in this season. 

I don't think it's gana be a 16 goal situation either lol. Maybe 16 attempts offside 

35 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Both are crap. Both kill the joy out of the team because both have mentality of a snail with a broken shell.

We would probably play better if we had one of female strikers from Chelsea ladies.

Now the real problem is Sarri. If he thinks Higs is good enough, he and his pal can both fuck off to Italy. 

Both Morata and Higuain are hopeless but it's a case of choosing the best from the worst. We all thought Higuain would be an improvement on Morata but he has been an utter disaster. Scored only 4 league goals (against sides sitting in 15th, 19th and 20th) and has done nothing whatsoever that makes better than Morata. Should have stuck with Morata in January - at least he would have given us some mobility, pace and some presence with his height in the box. 

2 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Is Sarri genuinely deluded or is he trying to take us for a fool? Sure, players need time to adapt when they come to the Premier League but Suarez was 24 when he joined Liverpool while Higuain turns 32 later this year. Suarez was always gonna have plenty of room for improvement, plenty of time to adapt and grow at that age but Higuain? LMAO This isn't Serie A, where players into their late 30s can still score like 40 goals per season. This is the Premier League and in recent years, I can hardly remember a player well into their 30s do well and do well over the course of a season!

On 23.4.2019 at 8:31 AM, DDA said:

Actually not, that is a fat ass line. Passion is giving your all no matter what and soldiering on even in the most unforgiving circumstances, quite the opposite of moaning about things not going in your favour... anyway Higs is on the wrong side of that line. 

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

Is Sarri genuinely deluded or is he trying to take us for a fool? Sure, players need time to adapt when they come to the Premier League but Suarez was 24 when he joined Liverpool while Higuain turns 32 later this year. Suarez was always gonna have plenty of room for improvement, plenty of time to adapt and grow at that age but Higuain? LMAO This isn't Serie A, where players into their late 30s can still score like 40 goals per season. This is the Premier League and in recent years, I can hardly remember a player well into their 30s do well and do well over the course of a season!

I have no clue what goes through his head when he speaks.

Plus he isn't going to score 16! Be lucky at this rate to get 6 next year if he stays.

Which he won't cause that be silly..so he probably will.