• Barkley (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Mana said:

I'm nervous. This is a must-win game at all costs because of United playing Brighton this weekend at OT.

And our record at the Emirates does not favour us.

We have won more games there than we have lost.

4 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Would be a big statement if we win and make the gap 9 points, huge in fact.

Problem being is we are pussy cats of late.

To good to be true.. We'll take a lead then go haha as if and be chasing them after. 

Hopefully be different.. We score we keep going! Or they score first still keep going. 

Do they have any important players out for this? 

I really hope Sarri starts Giroud here. Not only because I think he'd be effective against their shite defense, but back at the Emirates he'll be hella up for it. Make their CB's who are always shaky have to work very hard physically. 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I really hope Sarri starts Giroud here. Not only because I think he'd be effective against their shite defense, but back at the Emirates he'll be hella up for it. Make their CB's who are always shaky have to work very hard physically. 

If this was the Arsenal of the late 00's i would agree as that side struggled against physical players but coped well against nimble players, this Arsenal team is the opposite, i reckon Pedro, Willy and Hazard could have them tripping over themselves.

Unai Emery hoping to guide Arsenal from beneath cloud of gloom ahead of meeting with equally troubled Chelsea

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/01/18/unai-emery-hoping-guide-arsenal-beneath-cloud-gloom-ahead-meeting/

winter storm is raging at Arsenal, where off-field trouble has combined with an on-field wobble to make this the most testing period yet of the post-Arsène Wenger era. Cracks have formed within the club’s newly-assembled executive team, and a loss of momentum under Unai Emery threatens to darken the mood once more in north London.

Given the context, it is hard to avoid the feeling that Saturday evening’s meeting with Chelsea is the most significant match of Arsenal’s season so far. It provides Emery and his players with an opportunity to kick-start a campaign that is beginning to stutter, but it is also a game which Arsenal dare not lose. They start the weekend six points off the top four, knowing that falling any further behind would be close to fatal to their hopes of Champions League qualification. “I think yes,” said Emery, bluntly, when asked if a gap of nine points would be too large to bridge.

For a league game in January, then, the stakes could hardly be higher. And so Emery craves a positive response from his squad after a run of three defeats in six league games, calling for them to “play with all we can” in a match he described as a “small final”. The Spaniard had hoped to meet Maurizio Sarri’s side with only three points between the two teams, but those plans were scuppered by a worryingly flat defeat by West Ham United last week.

“We had a big challenge against West Ham,” said Emery, who is expecting his meeting with Sarri to result in plenty of goalscoring chances. “We spoke about playing under pressure, which we have to do if we are to be competitive and take this opportunity. After our loss, it is a big difference to be six points behind Chelsea instead of three.”

The question will be whether Emery’s tactical tinkering provides Arsenal with enough of an advantage to mask their defensive deficiencies. He has already proven himself more than capable of changing the course of matches from the sidelines, not least during their stirring 22-match unbeaten run earlier in the campaign. In recent weeks, though, the lack of solidity at the back has proved so overwhelming that Emery and his attackers have been simply unable to compensate.

snip

9 hours ago, Pizy said:

I think Hazard will start up top, not Giroud. Their 343 will require our winger to be discipline defensively, which is not job for Hazard

Kickoff 5 and a half hours away and I'm already anxious and excited. What a huge match and turning point for our whole season! Imagine the feel good factor if we win this. Get one over on a most hated rival, effectively end their season while really solidifying our top 4 fight, and we'll have a new striker coming in shortly afterwards which should help us even more going forward.

I hope our big players really step up today and lead us to victory. 

13 hours ago, Vesper said:

Probably not as injury risk

Doesn't seem to matter to AC Milan or Juve letting Higs play so cant see why we shouldn't play Morata

Hope tho that Girood gets a game. He might really be up for proving himself Vs his old club!

OK off to pub we go. Be in Aulde Triangle if anyone fancys a pint

Got my little pin on. Lerts see how long it takes these dim Gooners to notice!

9f59e04873c790fef22432afdf07a422.gif

'Gulf in class so big' - Arsenal & Chelsea fans have their say

Arsenal fans Poet and Joel Beya discuss the London rivalry with Chelsea fans Sophie Rose and Rory Jennings, they also share their thoughts on their very different transfer activity.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/football/46933335