Last Film You Watched

Fulham Broadway

US soldiers are not ordered to eliminate a entire group of people, they aren't trying to control the world.

:lol: :lol:

OMG You can't genuinely believe that? Please tell me you don't really believe that! :lol: Oh my goodness, it's much worse than I thought.

There is really nothing I can say after that, so let's just not turn this thread into a politics thread. If you want to really discuss this, please quote me in the politics thread.

Real life American Sniper Garett Reppenhagen stated that he did not view Iraqi civilians as savages, but as part of a friendly culture for which the movie has furthered ignorance, fear, and bigotry

The real snipers the film is about is Chris Kyle, not Garett Reppenhagen.

The real snipers the film is about is Chris Kyle, not Garett Reppenhagen.

Yes I am aware of that, and also that it is a largely fictional, Dirty Harry style production constituting a massive slice of propaganda in which the real life slaughter of over a million people, has been pigeonholed into fairy tale good v evil simplicity for the gullible to digest, as is typical of Hollywood.

Garrett Reppenhagen a protagonist of real life snipery, it can be argued is fairly qualified to comment.

• 2 weeks later...

midnight cowboy (1969): 7.5/10

lmfao, that was some funny shit

true romance (1993): 8/10

lmfao+, that was even more funny shit

Gary Oldman :clap:

fantastic actor, that moment when you realize he has the same number of oscar nominations as Jonah Hill

Interstellar (2014)

6.5/10

A beautiful film, but a seriously flawed film.

One can't deny the fact that Nolan is ambitious and smart when it comes to ideas, but his writing is mostly poor and he's not a very good visual director. Just compare this film to the sci-fi giants in which an image can say a thousand words and could be interpreted in numerous different ways, in Interstellar there is no such scene/shot. The editing is haphazard and there is no artistry when it comes to camerawork or shot composition. Much of the dialogue is expository and unnecessary; leave it to Nolan to constantly spoon feed the audience and provide answers along the way, making it impossible for the viewer to meditate or lose themselves in the atmosphere of the film. But that is to be expected from Nolan I guess.