Nicolo Barella

DDA

• 2 months later...

This signing confuses me. Would he be a starter? Seems like based on his role and attributes, he would compete with Kante? But if he were to play that LCM role, that means we are still lacking in end product from our midfield and only increasing the redundancy of defensive midfielders on the pitch. 

Seems like a 'Kovacic' type player. 

18 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I hate when coach's or manager's come off with we were close to signing the player it's pointless talking about it especially when u haven't sign the player 

1 hour ago, the wes said:

I hate when coach's or manager's come off with we were close to signing the player it's pointless talking about it especially when u haven't sign the player 

I'm sure he was asked about him.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Cagliari’s director of football Marcello Carli has confirmed Chelsea tried their best to sign midfielder Nicolo Barella last January, before his eventual loan move to Inter Milan in the summer.

He told Corriere dello Sport: “Last January, Napoli did their best, like Atlético Madrid. Club president [Tommaso] Giulini said no. Chelsea did everything and more. Maurizio [Sarri] wanted to bring him despite the transfer ban."

16 minutes ago, the wes said:

Cagliari’s director of football Marcello Carli has confirmed Chelsea tried their best to sign midfielder Nicolo Barella last January, before his eventual loan move to Inter Milan in the summer.

He told Corriere dello Sport: “Last January, Napoli did their best, like Atlético Madrid. Club president [Tommaso] Giulini said no. Chelsea did everything and more. Maurizio [Sarri] wanted to bring him despite the transfer ban."

We know this but he didn't want to leave Italy. Club definitely knew transfer ban was coming last January. But it turns out good for us. If we signed him we wouldn't buy Kovacic from Real I think. 

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

We know this but he didn't want to leave Italy. Club definitely knew transfer ban was coming last January. But it turns out good for us. If we signed him we wouldn't buy Kovacic from Real I think. 

and IF he is of need, we can always buy him in the future, he is still young

not going to get arsed over this, unlike Alex Sandro (in hindsight the worst non buy post CL win IMHO, devastating impact it had) or Romagnoli (FUCKING BUY HIM THIS SUMMER! the lad is still only 24 now and then cut AC loose if need be), etc etc utter cock-ups back 2, 3 , 4 or so years ago or the De Bruyne sale 5 years back (I WILL NEVER FORGIVE THAT, EVER, NEVER, it FUCKED US for years .........FUCK YOU MOU!!!!).

16 hours ago, Vesper said:

and IF he is of need, we can always buy him in the future, he is still young

not going to get arsed over this, unlike Alex Sandro (in hindsight the worst non buy post CL win IMHO, devastating impact it had) or Romagnoli (FUCKING BUY HIM THIS SUMMER! the lad is still only 24 now and then cut AC loose if need be), etc etc utter cock-ups back 2, 3 , 4 or so years ago or the De Bruyne sale 5 years back (I WILL NEVER FORGIVE THAT, EVER, NEVER, it FUCKED US for years .........FUCK YOU MOU!!!!).

I dunno Sandro whilst a good player was over priced and I think that Juve were just not selling. It is not like the Alves situation where another couple of mil would have done it or the Torres over Kun decision (although I do appriciate these were earlier than the date you stated.) 

3 hours ago, King Kante said:

I dunno Sandro whilst a good player was over priced and I think that Juve were just not selling. It is not like the Alves situation where another couple of mil would have done it or the Torres over Kun decision (although I do appriciate these were earlier than the date you stated.) 

Sandro would have revolutionised that left side, both covered for and crated for Eden far more than we got

he would have been a beast under Conte

13 hours ago, Vesper said:

Sandro would have revolutionised that left side, both covered for and crated for Eden far more than we got

he would have been a beast under Conte

Revolutionised is a bit strong. I have no doubt he would have been a good player for us but Alonso in a LWB position was actually fairly effective, the down fall of the 343/351 system was more to do with the midfield than lwb/lb. 

• 1 year later...

Jorginho On Inter’s Nicolo Barella: “He Is Like N’Golo Kante”

https://sempreinter.com/2021/06/13/jorginho-on-inters-nicolo-barella-he-is-like-ngolo-kante/

Jorginho On Inter’s Nicolo Barella: “He Is Like N’Golo Kante”

Chelsea midfielder Jorginho has bestowed an incredibly high honour upon Inter midfielder Nicolo Barella by comparing him to another Chelsea midfielder, N’Golo Kante.

During the post-match press conference following Italy’s commanding 3-0 win over Turkey on Friday night, the ex-Napoli midfielder made his admiration for Nicolo Barella abundantly clear.

N’Golo Kante is renowned for his ability to cover every blade of grass during a football match without ever seeming to get tired. As well as that, he is excellent on the ball and can aid his team in attack too.

“They resemble each other in characteristics. They have physical power, they run for all 120 minutes, they cover a lot of the field. I must say that they give me a big hand in midfield on recovering balls. I think Nico looks a lot like Kanté.”

Nicolo Barella played a slightly more defensive role than many thought he might against Turkey. Most of his involvement came from tackling opposition players and playing simple passes to Gli Azzurri’s forward players.

Having this sort of player alongside Jorginho has been vital for both Chelsea and Italy so far, because it frees him up to pick out intricate passes that many players struggle to see.

1 hour ago, dimmas said:

but his composure on the ball and technicall aspect is far superior than kante?

yes, technically he is more skilled, a better passer, but he also doesn't have Kante's insane, unique nose for the ball (no one does)

they are similar though, more alike than unalike

Barella has worked on his temper, which used to be an issue

Barella is world class

Kante is galaxy class

it is just crazy those gansta Chinese owners are busting up that Inter team

Conte did not even have any huge demands, he just wanted to solidify at CMF, winger, LWB, and a 3rd striker

all his targets were reasonable, the total spend would have been under £100m, and they do have surplus players to sell, so could have lowered it under 60m, 70m, for sure

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You