• Pedro (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Pizy said:

Slow motion zombie football for the most part. Everton man-marking all of our attackers and midfielders which means we're really struggling to get them the ball in dangerous areas. 

We've had almost all the ball but can't do anything with it without moving it quicker. Everton are only really threatening on set plays and when they win a cheap foul.

Getting players into the right positions was the first stage for transition to Sarriball. It'll take a lot of time before they are so comfortable with these tactics that they can start playing at the same tempo as Napoli. We probably have to wait until March/April before we start seeing that quick one touch passing on a regular basis

Just now, Vesper said:

why the FUCK did Rudiger get a yellow? For simulation? If so, then why did Bernard get a yellow too?

Rudiger should never have gone down, but the ref didn't see anything.  I don't know how he booked anyone if he didn't see it.

Ref has lost this match a bit.  Went too crazy with the bookings.  Once he gave Mina that yellow for a good challenge, he painted himself in to a corner.  

Just now, !Hazard! said:

Getting players into the right positions was the first stage for transition to Sarriball. It'll take a lot of time before they are so comfortable with these tactics that they can start playing at the same tempo as Napoli. We probably have to wait until March/April before we start seeing that quick one touch passing on a regular basis

Yeah.  We saw steady improvement, but once we started playing 2 matches a week, there's just been no real quality time on the training pitch.  

More boring to watch football. everton will be happy with a draw here. I hate playing at home to the lower teams knowing they are happy to defender with 8 BORING! 

I hope we get a goal soon so it opens up the game. 

Just now, zinctek said:

they both got a yellow

read what I wrote sweetie, I siad they both got one, but I see NO reason why Rudiger got one

enless the ref thought he faked the foul (in which case IF he did fake it in ref eyes, why would he also give Bernard a yellow)

1 minute ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Rudiger should never have gone down, but the ref didn't see anything.  I don't know how he booked anyone if he didn't see it.

Ref has lost this match a bit.  Went too crazy with the bookings.  Once he gave Mina that yellow for a good challenge, he painted himself in to a corner.  

this ref is a joke, end of

Just now, Supermonkey92 said:

Giroud is needed. 

I would think about taking of Kante, playing Barkley as the most attacking of the 3 with kovacic playing the Kante role. 

We need pace in our attack. Not Giroud. 

Hazard and Willian having stinkers is what is costing us the game.