General Chelsea Stuff

Followers 1

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Marcus Rashford has raised more than £ 20m for poor children to receive free meals in the Summer holidays. Superb. He knew what it was like growing up with nothing. Now I'm Chelsea through and th

Woulda been Rays 64th Bday today. Such a shame

Posted Images

20 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

'Avram Grant was antisocial, his motivation was sh*t and I didn't learn anything from him' – ex-West Ham man Faubert slams former boss

https://www.goal.com/en/news/avram-grant-antisocial-motivation-sht-west-ham-faubert/ezf1ou2a3zrh14cgesphkb65c

Our best CL campaigns were with Grant and RDM. Which proves that managers are not so important when you have characters like Terry, Cech, Lamps, Drogba...

Had luck been on Grant's side, like it did with Di Matteo, the former could have easily been a Premier League and Champions League winner. 

• Like 1
On 29/03/2020 at 9:09 PM, Jason said:

Had luck been on Grant's side, like it did with Di Matteo, the former could have easily been a Premier League and Champions League winner. 

I've always been slightly curious about the regime that season, my gut instinct is Ten Cate was informally incharge.

10 hours ago, Tomo said:

I've aways been slightly curious about the regime that season, my gut instinct is Ten Cate was informally incharge.

Or Steve Clarke, although I feel like the team were mostly on auto-pilot that season anyway, with the players taking charge of matters. 

50 minutes ago, Jason said:

Or Steve Clarke, although I feel like the team were mostly on auto-pilot that season anyway, with the players taking charge of matters. 

My theory is why would he have left his post as Ajax manager to become assistant all over again? Also from what i recall there was a distinct improvement in our attacking patterns of play after he arrived.

• Like 1

'I lost out on one of the great chances of my life': Former Chelsea manager Luiz Felipe Scolari says clashes with Didier Drogba and Nicolas Anelka led to his sacking at Stamford Bridge after just SEVEN months

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8172437/Former-Chelsea-manager-Luiz-Felipe-Scolari-says-clashes-Drogba-Anelka-led-demise.html

• Like 1
On 29/03/2020 at 9:09 PM, Jason said:

Not to mention The League Cup. Three runners up medals for all but one of Chelsea's main players that season. Michael Ballack was the odd one out because he was a runner up with Germany that summer for four silver medals in a season. If only Didier hadn't been goaded into getting himself sent off in extra time he'd have been taking the 5th penalty in Moscow. If only JT hadn't slipped. If only Heskey hadn't stolen a point with a late equaliser for Wigan at The Bridge. If only.

• Like 1

One kick away..weird when think about it. It wasnt a case of oh he missed it..he also slipped!! No one else slipped! And at the wrong minute! 

And I never saw it..couldn't watch it. Was only when at the Bridge they seemed to have a montage of bad moments on the screen they played it! Not sure why...

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

One kick away..weird when think about it. It wasnt a case of oh he missed it..he also slipped!! No one else slipped! And at the wrong minute! 

And I never saw it..couldn't watch it. Was only when at the Bridge they seemed to have a montage of bad moments on the screen they played it! Not sure why...

only time I ever cried over a footy game

:(

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Vesper said:

only time I ever cried over a footy game

:(

The 2012 victory helped me recover quickly from that heartbreak. If we didn't win in 2012, I'll still be grieving about that shootout.

• Like 3

2012 was genuinely the only time in my life I’ve experienced true Euphoria.

“He’s Done It!” 

Amazing yet truly bizarre feeling. Don’t think I’ll ever experience anything like it again. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Mana said:

The 2012 victory helped me recover quickly from that heartbreak. If we didn't win in 2012, I'll still be grieving about that shootout.

Imagine if Drogba missed on top of that.....

Makes me feel for Valencia and Atleti, they lost two finals in quick succession and it looks like their chance to get that elusive one has passed, especially for the former, getting that 1 is really a weight off.

9 hours ago, Mana said:

That final was bonkers...80th minute onwards...to them scoring to Drogba scoring. To him giving away a penalty.. to it being missed..then the shootout..Mata missing then bammmmmmm. To many down and up moments all after the 80th minute onwards

Does anyone has any info into how some of our players that was injured are doing now? 

I remember Tammy, kante and such was injured before the season stop. 

I would like to know where they stand at this moment. 

42 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Does anyone has any info into how some of our players that was injured are doing now? 

I remember Tammy, kante and such was injured before the season stop. 

I would like to know where they stand at this moment. 

None of our players had serious injury. A couple of weeks max at the time.

Not that it matters since our next game is in 3 months at best.