Krzysztof Piatek

Unionjack

On 10/27/2018 at 11:58 PM, Vesper said:

I am still down with Martial as our number nine TBH

Sarriball would turn him into a goal machine, he has unreal pace at CF and can be a deadly efficient shooter (as he has demonstrated on numerous occasions)

Plus he deffo can get physical, if need be and is a decent passer.

Let's hope Mou doesn't get the sacking and he puts in his walking papers:D

Cant see those Manc gits selling him now,

With Rashford made the number 1 striker hes being used back on the LW And new nickname 'el Mago'

We missed our chance.

4 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Cant see those Manc gits selling him now,

With Rashford made the number 1 striker hes being used back on the LW And new nickname 'el Mago'

We missed our cjance.

Oh yes. Once Mou got binned, it was over. FFS

Now even Donkeykaku is playing well.

More doom:(

Fuckin amazing innit eh!!

Theres us going after Higuain and his clubs going after Piatek to replace him!!!

FFS whatsup with us just buying Piatek????

Grrrrr Grrrrr!!!!  025f80b67e13c3e04beab593f121962f.gif

Chelsea target Gonzalo Higuain wants to leave Milan, says Gennaro Gattuso

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11863/11606164/chelsea-target-gonzalo-higuain-wants-to-leave-milan-says-gennaro-gattuso

7 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Fuckin amazing innit eh!!

Theres us going after Higuain and his clubs going after Piatek to replace him!!!

FFS whatsup with us just buying Piatek????

Grrrrr Grrrrr!!!!  025f80b67e13c3e04beab593f121962f.gif

Chelsea target Gonzalo Higuain wants to leave Milan, says Gennaro Gattuso

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11863/11606164/chelsea-target-gonzalo-higuain-wants-to-leave-milan-says-gennaro-gattuso

It's a huge risk to buy a player like this who has had a really good 6 months which could equate to nothing more than a bit of form.

A couple of seasons ago, Belotti was the same. I can remember Papiss Cisse for Newcastle having that ridiculous 6 months at Newcastle where everything he hit went in.

We've been burnt a few times in the past buying a player on the back of one good season. Bakayoko in recent times is a good example.

But then I guess there are also the likes of players like Kante who we brought after only one season at Leicester and kicked on another level.

I just think how important it is to get a good striker who will score goals at present, we maybe need something at least short term more proven. If we had a good striker already at the club and were looking to take a punt on him coming in as another option then the risk would be far less.

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

It's a huge risk to buy a player like this who has had a really good 6 months which could equate to nothing more than a bit of form.

A couple of seasons ago, Belotti was the same. I can remember Papiss Cisse for Newcastle having that ridiculous 6 months at Newcastle where everything he hit went in.

We've been burnt a few times in the past buying a player on the back of one good season. Bakayoko in recent times is a good example.

But then I guess there are also the likes of players like Kante who we brought after only one season at Leicester and kicked on another level.

I just think how important it is to get a good striker who will score goals at present, we maybe need something at least short term more proven. If we had a good striker already at the club and were looking to take a punt on him coming in as another option then the risk would be far less.

Also a huge risk paying $40 mill for a 3 year old for 1 season. Or even getting him on loan considering the goals he scres.

I was all over the Higs idea to start with but the more I looked at it the less sense it made. Specially with the good young strikers there are.

IF we had a GOOD striker and only wanted a back up loan Id say go for it.

Unfortunately its our most important need.

14 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Also a huge risk paying $40 mill for a 3 year old for 1 season. Or even getting him on loan considering the goals he scres.

I was all over the Higs idea to start with but the more I looked at it the less sense it made. Specially with the good young strikers there are.

IF we had a GOOD striker and only wanted a back up loan Id say go for it.

Unfortunately its our most important need.

I can agree with that assessment. 

It's a difficult balance because we have a big short term need. The success we have this season (even making top 4) could have a huge effect over the course of the next couple of seasons whether Sarri stays and the current projects continues or we go a different route and have to effectively start over yet again. The short term for me, I feel more comfortable with a proven striker than a player that has hit a bit of form in the last few months. 

However I do agree that signing someone like Higuain is not going to be the long term answer and therefore the club must decide if they pursue such a move, how much are they prepared to spend for a much shorter term solution.

5 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

What do you think of Luka Jovic?

in my book there are only 6 good options who are not 30-somethings and could actually be prised away (albeit the first 2 are £98m and well over £120m, respectively)

1 Icardi

2 Dybala

3 Timo Werner (would be HUGE payback to Bayern if they poach CHO)

4 Luka Jovic

5 Piatek

6 Sébastien Haller

do NOT want Higs, hell no

only 30-somethings who interest me are

Lewandowski (too expensive atm, plus Bayern will never sell him this January)

Luis Suárez see Lewa

Edinson Cavani    probably the easiest to pull, but how much??

25 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I can agree with that assessment. 

It's a difficult balance because we have a big short term need. The success we have this season (even making top 4) could have a huge effect over the course of the next couple of seasons whether Sarri stays and the current projects continues or we go a different route and have to effectively start over yet again. The short term for me, I feel more comfortable with a proven striker than a player that has hit a bit of form in the last few months. 

However I do agree that signing someone like Higuain is not going to be the long term answer and therefore the club must decide if they pursue such a move, how much are they prepared to spend for a much shorter term solution.

Problem is that both our strikers are supposedly PROVEN!!

Big difference between Proven and In Form.

Higuain is Proven not In Form. Its a BIG risk to take when as you say our next 2 or 3 seasons depend on it.

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

Problem is that both our strikers are supposedly PROVEN!!

Big difference between Proven and In Form.

Higuain is Proven not In Form. Its a BIG risk to take when as you say our next 2 or 3 seasons depend on it.

Morata was never a proven first choice and Giroud has never been a proven goalscorer though.

21 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Giroud has never been a proven goalscorer though.

I could so deal with these numbers, especially if he was only part-time (he will never get here again, he is too old)

but he was deffo a proven goal scorer at one time

7d19385bb1b55523737083a78cb053f7.png

20 goals a year on average for 7 straight years (and a couple of those years he missed a significant amount of games, especially 2014-15, when he broke his foot), and that 2011-12 season he almost singled-handedly carried a meh Montpellier side to the Ligue 1 title (the last game of the season was CRAZY, full stop riot and smoke bombs/fires, game was delayed for like 20 minutes as I recall)

He also had multiple years in double digit assists, and averaged out to around 7-8 per year for the 7 years.

At one point, he was a really good striker, a 24yo to 29 or 30yo Giroud was a beast.

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I could so deal with these numbers, especially if he was only part-time (he will never get here again, he is too old)

but he was deffo a proven goal scorer at one time

7d19385bb1b55523737083a78cb053f7.png

20 goals a year on average for 7 straight years (and a couple of those years he missed a significant amount of games, especially 2014-15, when he broke his foot), and that 2011-12 season he almost singled-handedly carried a meh Montpellier side to the Ligue 1 title (the last game of the season was CRAZY, full stop riot and smoke bombs/fires, game was delayed for like 20 minutes as I recall)

He also had multiple years in double digit assists, and averaged out to around 7-8 per year for the 7 years.

At one point, he was a really good striker, a 24yo to 29 or 30yo Giroud was a beast.

Yeah fair enough his goalscoring record is actually a lot better than I thought it would be.

36 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Yeah fair enough his goalscoring record is actually a lot better than I thought it would be.

I would say so. 20 goals a season for 7 years in the PL. We should be so lucky.

But then Morata right nows on 9 with 900 mins and 18 games less that Willian. He MIGHT just get those 20.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

I would say so. 20 goals a season for 7 years in the PL. We should be so lucky.

But then Morata right nows on 9 with 900 mins and 18 games less that Willian. He MIGHT just get those 20.

5 years were EPL. 2 (only one was really big) were Ligue 1. But yes, 5 years of EPL 20 goals average. 

REAL WANT PIATEK

Real Madrid want to bring in Serie A hot-shot Krzysztof Piatek, according to AS.

The Polish forward has 13 goals this term and is reportedly an AC Milan transfer target. Genoa are braced for bids with Los Blancos reportedly at the front of the queue.

1 hour ago, mccg said:

REAL WANT PIATEK

Real Madrid want to bring in Serie A hot-shot Krzysztof Piatek, according to AS.

The Polish forward has 13 goals this term and is reportedly an AC Milan transfer target. Genoa are braced for bids with Los Blancos reportedly at the front of the queue.

19 goals in 21 games, all comps

and

instead our board is looking at an overweight, rapidly declining 31yo who has scored one goal since October and will probably cost around the same (within £10m either way or so)

his league goal tallies the last 3 and a half years

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You