Krzysztof Piatek

Unionjack

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Genoa will not sell him in January I fear. They have officially stated this and the amount of money to get them to change their mind will be insanely high to take a gamble on Piątek I am afraid (probably £60m or more).

Our options are really poor at this point.

stopgap measures

Anthony Modeste, 30yo, in China cashing in, sign him for 2 years. In 2016-17 he was an absolute BEAST for Köln (who got relegated as soon as he left), 34 goals in 43 games, all comps, ands 25 of those were Bundesliga league goals

Edin Dzeko Roma, 33 in March though so at mosat (if a January buy) I would give is until June 2021, his contract is up in June 2020, so we could get him on a free in summer, but that doesn't help us this year

Edinson Cavani  (PSG will never sell him in January though) BY FAR the best of the over 30 somethings, I would love to see him here for a year and half or 2 and half whilst we sort it out long term out long term, big issue is PSG will NOT sell him cheaply, even at 32yo (which he turns in February)

Bas Dost of Sporting  turns 30 in May, scores a shit tonne ( 71 goals in last 2 years, all comps) in Liga NOS, is a giant, 1.96m

Finally the truly INSANE play

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

He can still score like a motherfucker, he is certainly capable of playing with us until at least end of 2021

bas dost has a release clause of 60m and as i said is bang average and has only scored tons i minow leagues like.

Cavan is unobtainable I guess.

Modeste has always been a nice option. I was really sick we did not buy aubameyang back when we had the chance and modeste would have been my second choice from those former bundesliga strikers who shined consistently.

Ibrahimovic would surely be fun bu ti am nt sure he can still do it in a top league. Would be a great treble tho having all 3 great strikers of their era, Drogba, Etoo and Ibra under contract at some point even tho only one in his prime.

Genoa will not sell him in January I fear. They have officially stated this and the amount of money to get them to change their mind will be insanely high to take a gamble on Piątek I am afraid (probably £60m or more).

Our options are really poor at this point.

stopgap measures

Anthony Modeste, 30yo, in China cashing in, sign him for 2 years. In 2016-17 he was an absolute BEAST for Köln (who got relegated as soon as he left), 34 goals in 43 games, all comps, ands 25 of those were Bundesliga league goals

Edin Dzeko Roma, 33 in March though so at mosat (if a January buy) I would give is until June 2021, his contract is up in June 2020, so we could get him on a free in summer, but that doesn't help us this year

Edinson Cavani  (PSG will never sell him in January though) BY FAR the best of the over 30 somethings, I would love to see him here for a year and half or 2 and half whilst we sort it out long term out long term, big issue is PSG will NOT sell him cheaply, even at 32yo (which he turns in February)

Bas Dost of Sporting  turns 30 in May, scores a shit tonne ( 71 goals in last 2 years, all comps) in Liga NOS, is a giant, 1.96m

Finally the truly INSANE play

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

He can still score like a motherfucker, he is certainly capable of playing with us until at least end of 2021

There are a number of supposed lesser targets that would be available and could interchange if needed. N.Pepe should be at the top of our list and someone like Haller could do a job.

We need players that are ready now but also have room for improvement at the highest level, instead of more stopgaps.

39 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

There are a number of supposed lesser targets that would be available and could interchange if needed. N.Pepe should be at the top of our list and someone like Haller could do a job.

We need players that are ready now but also have room for improvement at the highest level, instead of more stopgaps.

Nicolas Pépé is a RW, not a true striker at all.

In terms of  25yo and younger Bundesliga strikers, I would rate (not counting Lewa and Werner as they are insanely expensive, and Lewa is 30yo)

no real order

Luka Jovic also of Eintracht Frankfurt    <<<<< superb young CF potentially 

Lucas Alario of Bayer Leverkusen <<<probably the most 'ready'

Alassane Plea of Borussia Mönchengladbach

Jean-Kévin Augustin of RB Leipzig

Maximilian Philipp of Dortmund

and maybe, maybe Davie Selke of Hertha

above Sébastien Haller atm

Matheus Cunha, 19yo on RB Leipzig is also one to watch

MD8's Man of the Matchday: Luka Jovic pulls ahead of Robert Lewandowski and Gerd Müller for goals per minute in the Bundesliga

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bundesliga/luka-jovic-enters-history-books-with-5-goal-haul-for-frankfurt-vs-fortuna-515470.jsp

It's rare enough for a professional footballer to notch an elite-level hat-trick, but scoring five goals in a single game is a truly extraordinary achievement, as Eintracht Frankfurt's Luka Jovic discovered in his side's 7-1 demolition of Fortuna Düsseldorf on Matchday 8.

"Of course, I'm delighted," a breathless Jovic told Frankfurt's official website, after becoming the first Eagles player to register a five-goal haul in the Bundesliga. "It's been an emotional day. But it's not about my five goals – the team put in a sensational performance."

Jovic's heroics not only took him joint-top of the Bundesliga scoring charts with seven goals - level with Borussia Dortmund's Paco Alcacer - but also saw him improve his top-flight tally to 15 strikes in just 28 outings. With a goal every 82 minutes, he now has a better goals-to-minutes ratio than legendary strikers Gerd Müller (105) and Robert Lewandowski (112), and even holds the all-time record for a player with at least 25 appearances.

Adi Hütter's side began to carve Fortuna open with surgical precision midway through the first half, as Sebastien Haller put them ahead from the penalty spot. Jovic then set the tone for his sublime evening with a Goal of the Month contender: the excellent Filip Kostic whipped in a cross from the left, and the young Serbian twisted acrobatically in mid-air before volleying past the helpless Michael Rensing for 2-0.

Nicolas Pépé is a RW, not a true striker at all.

In terms of Bundesliga strikers, I would rate (not counting Lewa and Werner)

no real order

Luka Jovic also of Eintracht Frankfurt     Lucas Alario of Bayer Leverkusen Alassane Plea of Borussia Mönchengladbach

Jean-Kévin Augustin of RB Leipzig

and maybe, maybe Davie Selke of Hertha

above Sébastien Haller atm

MD8's Man of the Matchday: Luka Jovic pulls ahead of Robert Lewandowski and Gerd Müller for goals per minute in the Bundesliga

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bundesliga/luka-jovic-enters-history-books-with-5-goal-haul-for-frankfurt-vs-fortuna-515470.jsp

It's rare enough for a professional footballer to notch an elite-level hat-trick, but scoring five goals in a single game is a truly extraordinary achievement, as Eintracht Frankfurt's Luka Jovic discovered in his side's 7-1 demolition of Fortuna Düsseldorf on Matchday 8.

"Of course, I'm delighted," a breathless Jovic told Frankfurt's official website, after becoming the first Eagles player to register a five-goal haul in the Bundesliga. "It's been an emotional day. But it's not about my five goals – the team put in a sensational performance."

Jovic's heroics not only took him joint-top of the Bundesliga scoring charts with seven goals - level with Borussia Dortmund's Paco Alcacer - but also saw him improve his top-flight tally to 15 strikes in just 28 outings. With a goal every 82 minutes, he now has a better goals-to-minutes ratio than legendary strikers Gerd Müller (105) and Robert Lewandowski (112), and even holds the all-time record for a player with at least 25 appearances.

Adi Hütter's side began to carve Fortuna open with surgical precision midway through the first half, as Sebastien Haller put them ahead from the penalty spot. Jovic then set the tone for his sublime evening with a Goal of the Month contender: the excellent Filip Kostic whipped in a cross from the left, and the young Serbian twisted acrobatically in mid-air before volleying past the helpless Michael Rensing for 2-0.

A true striker isn't needed in Sarri's system as was evident at Napoli. I'm not going to jump on the Jovic bandwagon after one exception game against relegation candidates.

Plea is the only one you mentioned could do a job, but he isn't someone that could lead a line Imo.

41 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

A true striker isn't needed in Sarri's system as was evident at Napoli. I'm not going to jump on the Jovic bandwagon after one exception game against relegation candidates.

Plea is the only one you mentioned could do a job, but he isn't someone that could lead a line Imo.

I was only listing the Bundesliga remotely possible (and ones with potential) candidates.

Everyone here knows I really only want Dybala or Icardi (game winner again tonight in 92nd minute of Milan derby).

Piątek, IF he keeps up wonder-form would be third choice, but still a huge gamble, and IF he scores 30 plus goals, his price in summer will be insane.

Jovic would be a great buy now, as he does have the pitential and he wouldn't cost crazy money at all. At some point a team (if we refuse to drop truly WC striker money) has to roll the dice on buying very young players would do exhibit WC potential. 

Only other option is to buy ageing stopgap players.

Well, 3rd option is to roll with Morata and Giroud and very likely get pipped out of the top 4 and certainly not win the EL.

Bye bye Hazard for sure then.

40 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Timo Werner would be a good option for striker he's Direct, pacy, purposeful and with a nose for goal

3 minutes ago, the wes said:

Timo Werner would be a good option for striker he's Direct, pacy, purposeful and with a nose for goal

He also will cost probably £80m to £100m, and if he has a monster year, Bayern will grab him. (I could see them buying BOTH Piatek and Werner, and selling Lewandowski to partially pay.)

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

He also will cost probably £80m to £100m, and if he has a monster year, Bayern will grab him. (I could see them buying BOTH Piatek and Werner, and selling Lewandowski to partially pay.)

I would even take a 30 year old Lewandowski 

2 minutes ago, the wes said:

I would even take a 30 year old Lewandowski 

He will be 31 next summer, zero shot the board drops the £80m plus Bayern will still demand. I figure he goes to PSG as he is around 2 years younger than Cavani.

I was only listing the Bundesliga remotely possible (and ones with potential) candidates.

Everyone here knows I really only want Dybala or Icardi (game winner again tonight in 92nd minute of Milan derby).

Piątek, IF he keeps up wonder-form would be third choice, but still a huge gamble, and IF he scores 30 plus goals, his price in summer will be insane.

Jovic would be a great buy now, as he does have the pitential and he wouldn't cost crazy money at all. At some point a team (if we refuse to drop truly WC striker money) has to roll the dice on buying very young players would do exhibit WC potential. 

Only other option is to buy ageing stopgap players.

Well, 3rd option is to roll with Morata and Giroud and very likely get pipped out of the top 4 and certainly not win the EL.

Bye bye Hazard for sure then.

I've been calling for Icardi for sometime, as he the only WC finisher that isn't at a club at the top level. However, the baggage he brings might not be ideal aka - Barbara.

Not sure he would be able to deal with the physical aspect of leading the line. Leipzig would be after a lump-sum too.

Kane at Spuds.

I rate Inter as a better team than the spurs cunts.

Also, Ciro Immobile at Lazio.

Immobile's failure to cut it at Dortmund damages his reputation and Kane is off to Madrid at some point.

Just now, LAM09 said:
1 minute ago, Vesper said:
Kane at Spuds.
I rate Inter as a better team than the spurs cunts.
Also, Ciro Immobile at Lazio.

Immobile couldn't cut it at Dortmund and Kane is off to Madrid at some point.

I agree that Kane will end up at either RM or Barca, but I REALLY think Immobile would tear it up in Sarriball. He just will never come here, and is already too old to sign on a 5 year deal if we did buy him next summer. He turns 29 in a few months, so no thanks, not into buying players we only get half a season under 30yo out of.

What about

Antoine Griezmann?

NEVER hear him mentioned at all. He certainly could play the Merten role (better than Mertens, lol).

He would be as pricey as Dybala (or close) though. More than Icardi probably. He also turns 28 in March, so if bought in summer, you only get a little over a year and a half of sub 30yo play out of him.

I agree that Kane will end up at either RM or Barca, but I REALLY think Immobile would tear it up in Sarriball. He just will never come here, and is already too old to sign on a 5 year deal if we did buy him next summer. He turns 29 in a few months, so no thanks, not into buying players we only get half a season under 30yo out of.
What about
Antoine Griezmann?
NEVER hear him mentioned at all. He certainly could play the Merten role (better than Mertens, lol).
He would be as pricey as Dybala (or close) though. More than Icardi probably. He also turns 28 in March, so if bought in summer, you only get a little over a year and a half of sub 30yo play out of him.

I think the ship has sailed on Griezmann for a number of reasons. There's also talk of Costa playing hardball, so I could see him moving to staying put or Real/Utd throwing stupid money in his direction.

It's shame we are having to discuss a position that hadn't been an issue for years (Conte can be thanked for that).

On 26/10/2018 at 3:54 AM, Sideshow Luiz said:

I'm skeptical.  i wanted Belotti, and it turns out he was super overpriced after being red-hot.

I am still down with Martial as our number nine TBH

Sarriball would turn him into a goal machine, he has unreal pace at CF and can be a deadly efficient shooter (as he has demonstrated on numerous occasions)

Plus he deffo can get physical, if need be and is a decent passer.

Let's hope Mou doesn't get the sacking and he puts in his walking papers:D

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You