Krzysztof Piatek

Unionjack

Good player but still very much unproven so don’t think it will happen as of yet. Has had a good run with goals so far but will hit a difficult spell because he’s in a smaller team and they will struggle but then I suppose we’ll see how good he really is, if he still manages to score with regularity or not. Or even get into goalscoring situations. 

Chelsea lead race for £57m striker sensation – but there’s a catch

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/paper-talk-chelsea-lead-race-for-57m-serie-a-sensation-but-theres-a-catch-one-in-one-out-in-220m-man-city-deals

CHELSEA LEAD PIATEK CHARGE

Chelsea have been told they can win the race to sign Krzysztof Piatek – but there appears to be a couple of catches.

The Genoa striker has been in sensational form in Serie A this season, scoring 13 goals in eight games across all competitions.

That has led to speculation suggesting Roma and Liverpool were keen to sign him – while on Tuesday Napoli claimed they had opened talks over a €40m deal.

But reports in Italy, via the Daily Express, claim Genoa could now demand up to €65m (£57m) for the striker – a fee only Chelsea are willing to match.

Furthermore, Genoa have told interested parties there is no chance of doing a deal for the striker in January and any sale of Piatek must be put on hold until summer 2019.

With Olivier Giroud yet to score a goal and Alvaro Morata’s confidence vulnerable, Maurizio Sarri is thought to have earmarked the 23-year-old as a prime target for the Blues.

Snip

I am away this weekend but will be curious to watch the game Piatek plays vs Juventus when I get back home. I expect if he doesnt score twitter will roast him, I am more curious to see how he does with all the other aspects of the game against such a dominant opponent. That supposed price tag keeps creeping up, we will know ALOT more about him with 4/5 games against Juve, AC, Inter, & Napoli.

11 hours ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea lead race for £57m striker sensation – but there’s a catch

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/paper-talk-chelsea-lead-race-for-57m-serie-a-sensation-but-theres-a-catch-one-in-one-out-in-220m-man-city-deals

CHELSEA LEAD PIATEK CHARGE

Chelsea have been told they can win the race to sign Krzysztof Piatek – but there appears to be a couple of catches.

The Genoa striker has been in sensational form in Serie A this season, scoring 13 goals in eight games across all competitions.

That has led to speculation suggesting Roma and Liverpool were keen to sign him – while on Tuesday Napoli claimed they had opened talks over a €40m deal.

But reports in Italy, via the Daily Express, claim Genoa could now demand up to €65m (£57m) for the striker – a fee only Chelsea are willing to match.

Furthermore, Genoa have told interested parties there is no chance of doing a deal for the striker in January and any sale of Piatek must be put on hold until summer 2019.

With Olivier Giroud yet to score a goal and Alvaro Morata’s confidence vulnerable, Maurizio Sarri is thought to have earmarked the 23-year-old as a prime target for the Blues.

Snip

We need to do this deal in January if it doesn't happen I'm afraid his price tag is going to shoot up in the summer 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

But there's no guarantee he is the real deal. Last thing we need is another striker who flops! :rant:

We can always sell. 

I'm sure we can get rid of Morata, Bats and company. 

Worth a shot me thinks. 

But there's no guarantee he is the real deal. Last thing we need is another striker who flops! :rant:

He wouldn't cost £70m, so it's a much smaller risk unless Sarri actually sees anything in Michy. 

A lot could change by next summer, though.

4 hours ago, LAM09 said:

He wouldn't cost £70m, so it's a much smaller risk unless Sarri actually sees anything in Michy. 

A lot could change by next summer, though.

Who's to say he won't cost a fortune in January? If he keeps his form going, Genoa would surely put a big price tag on him, especially if the other big clubs are interested in him as well. 

Who's to say he won't cost a fortune in January? If he keeps his form going, Genoa would surely put a big price tag on him, especially if the other big clubs are interested in him as well. 
The article said they won't sell till the summer. I'm sure Genoa would grab the chance to 10x their investment in just over six months too.

These guys will want to move him in January. Genoa have nothing to play for and have a young juve striker stud on loan sitting behind him. Will be a bidding war, i think the cap for him will be 50-55m Euro that someone will be realistically willing to pay. Napoli wont go that high, Inter has Icardi/Martinez. I think IF we really are interested it will be between us and Barca. We have the #9 spot open, misfiring strikers, and a coach/team build to help him succeed. If we do think he is the real deal I can't see anyone beating our package of willingness to pay and fit for the player.

He plays Juve, Milan, Inter and Napoli in next 20 days. Even if he bangs a goal against each, it wont matter that much because right now he is in crazy form and no one knows how will he recover when he hits a bust for few games (and he will like any other striker).

But as of now, he scored against some realy realy average teams and that means almost next to nothing.

Let him have a full season, then we shall see. If the price is anything above 50m in summer, avoid in big circle. Not worth the risk for a player with just one good season (Belotti, SMS are good examples).

On 18.10.2018 at 11:37 PM, BlueLyon said:

He plays Juve, Milan, Inter and Napoli in next 20 days. Even if he bangs a goal against each, it wont matter that much because right now he is in crazy form and no one knows how will he recover when he hits a bust for few games (and he will like any other striker).

But as of now, he scored against some realy realy average teams and that means almost next to nothing.

Let him have a full season, then we shall see. If the price is anything above 50m in summer, avoid in big circle. Not worth the risk for a player with just one good season (Belotti, SMS are good examples).

I remember bas Dost scored like 14 goals in 9 games or so twice in his career and he still is an average striker. There are no really world class strikers available so there are huges prizes quoted for the in-form decent ones. I would say stick to Giroud until some true quality becomes available.

10 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I remember bas Dost scored like 14 goals in 9 games or so twice in his career and he still is an average striker. There are no really world class strikers available so there are huges prizes quoted for the in-form decent ones. I would say stick to Giroud until some true quality becomes available.

Our attack aside from Hazard is dire. Realy cant score or create anything. But you are right, options are bad. Bunch of unproven strikers, we would have to hit a lottery to get one that creates difference.

But perhaps a RW like Bailey or Inaki Williams who can score would ease the situation. 

14 minutes ago, the wes said:

A lot of guys on this forum are banging on about Piatek could be Just having one good season and isnt proven yet but I'll rather have him than Morata 

Wanting an unproven player over Morata just because he couldn't be any worse isn't really a wise way in solving our striker problem, is it? 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Wanting an unproven player over Morata just because he couldn't be any worse isn't really a wise way in solving our striker problem, is it? 

We need obtainable options for Jan at this point, as Top 4 might even be in jeopardy with our failure to kill off games.

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

We need obtainable options for Jan at this point, as Top 4 might even be in jeopardy with our failure to kill off games.

Genoa will not sell him in January I fear. They have officially stated this and the amount of money to get them to change their mind will be insanely high to take a gamble on Piątek I am afraid (probably £60m or more).

Our options are really poor at this point.

stopgap measures

Anthony Modeste, 30yo, in China cashing in, sign him for 2 years. In 2016-17 he was an absolute BEAST for Köln (who got relegated as soon as he left), 34 goals in 43 games, all comps, ands 25 of those were Bundesliga league goals

Edin Dzeko Roma, 33 in March though so at mosat (if a January buy) I would give is until June 2021, his contract is up in June 2020, so we could get him on a free in summer, but that doesn't help us this year

Edinson Cavani  (PSG will never sell him in January though) BY FAR the best of the over 30 somethings, I would love to see him here for a year and half or 2 and half whilst we sort it out long term out long term, big issue is PSG will NOT sell him cheaply, even at 32yo (which he turns in February)

Bas Dost of Sporting  turns 30 in May, scores a shit tonne ( 71 goals in last 2 years, all comps) in Liga NOS, is a giant, 1.96m

Finally the truly INSANE play

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

He can still score like a motherfucker, he is certainly capable of playing with us until at least end of 2021

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You