Krzysztof Piatek

Unionjack

14 hours ago, killer1257 said:

Because one of them would be the main striker and the other one would always moan because he does not play and that makes not much sense. One of them would leave after one or two seasons anyway. Young players want to play every match. Mou fucked the KDB situation up. He did not rate him enough and he had too many other midfielders to choose. KDB got frustrated and left the club.

If we have 60 games, the main striker will start at least 40 of them, maybe 45 matches. 20 to 25 matches for the second striker would be not good enough because Piatek plays 40 matches in Serie A as a main striker.

Abraham and Batsman is enough.

I agree with KDB but disagree with the striker issues. Of course we can have 2 good strikers on our books at the same time. How does other Clubs do it, how did we do it in all those years? Of course we can shuffle 2 strikers at the same time come'on now mate. In no way or shape or form is Tammy and Bats enough, not when one of them is very average. If Tammy gets injured we are fuked up front.

Just now, Atomiswave said:

I agree with KDB but disagree with the striker issues. Of course we can have 2 good strikers on our books at the same time. How does other Clubs do it, how did we do it in all those years? Of course we can shuffle 2 strikers at the same time come'on now mate.

What other clubs are you talking about? City? PSG? Apart from those two clubs, I don´t see that many more teams that have two good strikers in their team.Real Madrid used to have Morata and Benzema. Morata never played and he left. Benzema was their main striker for years. Just like Suarez was the main striker for some years for Barca. Before Suarez, David Villa was their main striker and they did not have a top class BU for Villa either.

How did we do it in recent years? During Ancelotti´s time when I became a Chelsea fan, Chelsea had only Drogba as our main striker. Sometimes Anelka played his position, but his main position was RW. We also had Kalou who played there, but he was never considered a top class striker. Then Torres came and he did play some games because Drogba got older and Torres favouritism, but Torres was not any good, Drogba left anayway after the win in Munich.

I don´t remember having two top class strikers during my time as a Chelsea fan. A top class striker  wants to start out of 60 matches, 45 from the beginning. I don´t see that happening at Chelsea when we would have Tammy and Piatek. Giving Abraham only 15 starts from the beginning agains low level teams etc. would be a disgrace. Vice versa for Piatek. Perfect would be Tammy first choice and Batsman second choice, but I think Batsman will  want lo leave us next season because of lack of game time. Second strikers usually leave after not being main striker for two seasons or more.

You need to have several strikers on hand.....look at how Fergie did it, in 13-14 we had torres demba and eto. You need strikers to get them goals, sometimes more than one on the field to change a game etc. The games are hectic and frantic, you cant survive with just one striker. Its a team effort, you cant demand to game all game every game today. Look at city some years back, they had aguero negrado and dzeko. All played and all scored crucial goals, especially dzeko. He didnt play too often but still got them goals that won them the title. You need options, it up to the manager and the player to grab those chances and prove themselves. Again one injury to Tammy and we are roasted. Tammy and Piatek could easily share the load between them or game at the same time to change a game.

14 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

What other clubs are you talking about? City? PSG? Apart from those two clubs, I don´t see that many more teams that have two good strikers in their team.Real Madrid used to have Morata and Benzema. Morata never played and he left. Benzema was their main striker for years. Just like Suarez was the main striker for some years for Barca. Before Suarez, David Villa was their main striker and they did not have a top class BU for Villa either.

How did we do it in recent years? During Ancelotti´s time when I became a Chelsea fan, Chelsea had only Drogba as our main striker. Sometimes Anelka played his position, but his main position was RW. We also had Kalou who played there, but he was never considered a top class striker. Then Torres came and he did play some games because Drogba got older and Torres favouritism, but Torres was not any good, Drogba left anayway after the win in Munich.

I don´t remember having two top class strikers during my time as a Chelsea fan. A top class striker  wants to start out of 60 matches, 45 from the beginning. I don´t see that happening at Chelsea when we would have Tammy and Piatek. Giving Abraham only 15 starts from the beginning agains low level teams etc. would be a disgrace. Vice versa for Piatek. Perfect would be Tammy first choice and Batsman second choice, but I think Batsman will  want lo leave us next season because of lack of game time. Second strikers usually leave after not being main striker for two seasons or more.

Examples

Arse

Juve for ages

PSG

Shitty

Eintracht Frankfurt last year an had Haller and Jovic both the year before as well

Napoli for years

Atletico Madrid

Valencia for years

AC Milan for years

Manure

Real Madrid (especially now and then Higs/Benz and  later Benz/Morata)

Barca (this year , for the first time in 10 years, going back to Zlatan and Henry days)

Examples

Arse

Juve for ages

PSG

Shitty

Eintracht Frankfurt last year an had Haller and Jovic both the year before as well

Napoli for years

Atletico Madrid

Valencia for years

AC Milan for years

Manure

Real Madrid (especially now and then Higs/Benz and  later Benz/Morata)

Barca (this year , for the first time in 10 years, going back to Zlatan and Henry days)

Manu did not work long term because Lukaku Left due to lack of game Time.

Real back then was similar. Higs Wanted to be the main striker and left.

Atletico play with a 4-4-2, so they obviously Need more strikers.

Juve has Higs and Mandzukic? Mandzukic will probably leave Juve because he was not nominated in their CL Squad.

Barca? Zlatan left after one season because Messi was too Good. Henry was left winger back then

Shitty and PSG give a lot of Money to their Players. Sane wanted to leave because of lack of game Time. Having Sterling, Sane, Mahrez and Silva is just too much. Long term it Never Works. Either Tammy or Piatek will leave and I think Tammy has more Potential than Piatek

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Manu did not work long term because Lukaku Left due to lack of game Time.

Real back then was similar. Higs Wanted to be the main striker and left.

Atletico play with a 4-4-2, so they obviously Need more strikers.

Juve has Higs and Mandzukic? Mandzukic will probably leave Juve because he was not nominated in their CL Squad.

Barca? Zlatan left after one season because Messi was too Good. Henry was left winger back then

Shitty and PSG give a lot of Money to their Players. Sane wanted to leave because of lack of game Time. Having Sterling, Sane, Mahrez and Silva is just too much. Long term it Never Works. Either Tammy or Piatek will leave and I think Tammy has more Potential than Piatek

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

I am no longer recommending Piatek, we blew our chance for a great buy

IF we sell Bats (Giroud will leave, and no great loss there) I do think we should make a move for Moussa Dembele as it stands (I may modify this as the season drags on)

hopefully Bats comes good enough to be that solid 2nd, he is not there yet IMHO

I full believe that with 55 or so games there is plenty of room for Tammy and Dembele, and if we roll with 2 strikers on the roster, and an injury occurs, we are fucked if the 2nd is not top class

Zaha, IF he comes at a sane price, is also an option, as he can also play CF (same for Martial, but Manure will never sell him to us now, we blew that out when we did not toss in enough money for the Mourinho driven swap for Willian and him (we fucked up TWICE on Willian in summer 2018, as the other option was the infamous Marina turn-down of the Barca £65m), as Martial did want out then too, because...MOU)

Just now, Vesper said:

IF we sell Bats (Giroud will leave, and no great loss there) I do think we should make a move for Moussa Dembele as it stands (I may modify this as the season drags on)

I full believe that with 55 or so games there is plenty of room for Tammy and Dembele, and if we roll with 2 strikers on the roster, and an injury occurs, we are fucked if the 2nd is not top class

Zaha, IF he comes at a sane price, is also an option, as he can also play CF (same for Martial, but Manure will never sell him to us now, we blew that out when we did not toss in enough money for the Mourinho driven swap for Willian and him (we fucked up TWICE on Willian in summer 2018, as the other option was the infamous Marina turn-down of the Barca £65m), as Martial did want out then too, because...MOU)

55 matches,but always consider the fact that one striker will play against the low level FA and Caraboa Cup matches and the other one will play PL and CL. There will always be one main striker in a team.

The other one will be watching from the bench and thinking about moving away. Good strikers will want to play most of the matches, especially the important ones. Having two top strikers is just too much in a system with one striker.

We could not even make Giroud last year happy, how will we make a very good second striker happy? Giroud was always moaning about more playing time, threatining to leave etc. if he does not get more playing time.

36 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Looking at this scenario I think zaha makes the perfect sense. 

Can play as a striker and winger. 

Not too young and not too old. Good age to last 3 seasons top. And heck if we get 3 good seasons that will be a good thing for me since 3 years in the modern sport is an eternity. 

The problem we would have had with piatek is that he would have been first choice and Tammy never would have been considered like now. 

Now as you mentioned we need a complement, and to get a pure striker might not work. But to get a player like Saha that can play in different positions can benefit us greatly for a secondary striker, two striker, or striker plus winger etc etc. I think zaha like martial would give us flexibility in terms of system. But martial is out of the equation, zaha not..... The problem is the fee 😔

34 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Looking at this scenario I think zaha makes the perfect sense. 

Can play as a striker and winger. 

Not too young and not too old. Good age to last 3 seasons top. And heck if we get 3 good seasons that will be a good thing for me since 3 years in the modern sport is an eternity. 

The problem we would have had with piatek is that he would have been first choice and Tammy never would have been considered like now. 

Now as you mentioned we need a complement, and to get a pure striker might not work. But to get a player like Saha that can play in different positions can benefit us greatly for a secondary striker, two striker, or striker plus winger etc etc. I think zaha like martial would give us flexibility in terms of system. But martial is out of the equation, zaha not..... The problem is the fee 😔

Not for the 80m they would want for him though, thats just bad business imo. But I get your point mate, Zaha is just not the answer imo, not for the outlay. If we wanna reach places then we really need someone potent beside Tammy, Bats and Giroud will not cut it long-term. One is getting old and slower and the other is bang average so far, none of them will fill that void if we have ambitions.

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

55 matches,but always consider the fact that one striker will play against the low level FA and Caraboa Cup matches and the other one will play PL and CL. There will always be one main striker in a team.

The other one will be watching from the bench and thinking about moving away. Good strikers will want to play most of the matches, especially the important ones. Having two top strikers is just too much in a system with one striker.

We could not even make Giroud last year happy, how will we make a very good second striker happy? Giroud was always moaning about more playing time, threatining to leave etc. if he does not get more playing time.

2 points, Lamps has already showed he will play 2 strikers at times (and Dembele is aces with two up front) and Giroud was bitching becuase HIGS SUCKED and still he started most all games due to the old smoker's cuntish stubbornness.

We so fucked up not grabbing Piatek as we would OWN him now for only £16m more than we dumped out for the rotter Higs, plus Piatek's salary was streets ahead of Higs in terms of cost saving. We knew (IF I knew, and I had said thsi was a lock for ages, then surely the guilty parties, ie the shit criminal board, knew they were coming too) the fucking bans were coming, and did fuckall in terms of smart moves, in regards to a medium to longer term event horizon set of future-forward plans. We also could have sold Bats by now too, if we had Piatek.

That is now water under the dam, and until I see something to change my mind, I strongly suggest we dump Bats and Giroud in the summer and go for Dembele, OR the best one one of the 5 new CF's who have just came into the EPL, those being: Joelinton, Wesley, Seb Haller, Cutrone, or Moise Kean, as the best of that lot will have proved themselves EPL-ready to rock. It is a shame Duván Zapata (who turns 29 in April) is not 5 years younger, as he would make a great second striker perhaps as well. He scored 28 goals, many so clutch, and had 8 assists for Atalanta, had 2 braces in 3 games versus Juve, Atalanta them into the CL, and already has 3 goals and 1 assist in just less than 3 full games so far this season.

e3c8197f1a1679a39acf4a5e62951112.pngb2136725b5e32adb45f0121929d07255.png

4a8fb5c87f2d11d01c1eb30cc14e9b22.png

Finally, João Pedro, the 17yo (18yo in nine days) Fluminense (Watford have his rights) wunderkind

3c140beaeab52133a1fa028d2de1ac28.png

is another VERY interesting option

1f64a7caed0919de67c9c1cffdf1f208.png

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You