Krzysztof Piatek

Unionjack

28 minutes ago, Jason said:

Seriously, are people gonna post 'we should have signed Piatek' every time he scores? It's perfectly understandable why the club didn't go for Piatek. As well as Piatek has done this season, it's still his first in Europe's top 5 leagues. For all we know, he could be a one season wonder. Remember Belotti? He scored 26 league goals in 2016/17 but then fell away with just 10 goals in 2017/18 and now just 7 in 2018/19. After seeing the likes of Morata, Batshuayi failed in recent seasons, we absolutely couldn't fail with the striker position and it's understandable why we went for Higuain instead, even if it's at best a short term solution. If Piatek does end up doing well at Milan, then fair play to him and if we want to get him then, it's more than possible given Milan's situation with Financial Fair Play. If not, there are still options elsewhere with Icardi or Werner. 

But you know just how hard it will be for us to sign either Icardi or Werner.No matter how much WE as supporters would kill for them.  Thats even IF we can convince our amazingly fast, football minded Granny to get off her arse, cut her summer holiday short, and put a lowball in to say she tried to sign them.

Right now all we are looking at striker wise are 30+ giving them bloody 1 year contracts.

We are now supposedly looking to bring in Ivan Rakitic in the summer.

I would rather us have the ambition of trying to pull off a good futuire with a striker CURRENTLY on form, trying to look at our future. Than a string of 30+ for 1 year at a go.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

But you know just how hard it will be for us to sign either Icardi or Werner.No matter how much WE as supporters would kill for them.  Thats even IF we can convince our amazingly fast, football minded Granny to get off her arse, cut her summer holiday short, and put a lowball in to say she tried to sign them.

Right now all we are looking at striker wise are 30+ giving them bloody 1 year contracts.

We are now supposedly looking to bring in Ivan Rakitic in the summer.

I would rather us have the ambition of trying to pull off a good futuire with a striker CURRENTLY on form, trying to look at our future. Than a string of 30+ for 1 year at a go.

Okay, it might be tough to sign Icardi but maybe not Werner, who has only 1 1/2 year left on his contract.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Okay, it might be tough to sign Icardi but maybe not Werner, who has only 1 1/2 year left on his contract.

You know I'd kill for either but I would think we were in a long queue for him and not near the front of it.

And do you really think Granny could swing it? If so you have more faith in her than me Gunga Din.

On 1/14/2019 at 8:44 AM, Fernando said:

So we get a declining higuain and Milan get a young upcoming striker in piatek? 

Makes sense, just like about every single thing this club does.... 

Not surprised that this guy is doing well while we get a dud. 

It was not hard to call before hand. 

46 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
9 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:
Problem is if he continues like this he'll be 100m+ player very soon.

All ifs and buts right now. The club has taken enough gambles in the last 4 years with very few paying off.

I hear exactly what you say and fully agree.

But isn't EVERY transfer we do a gamble?

Higuain is a gamble.

If we bring any player from over seas its a gamble. Will they like England? Will they get homesick? Will there be a culture clash? Will he get on with the manager? Will the PL agree with his style of play?

At least if you gamble on a player who is CURRENTLY in form you know he can do the job we want him to do NOW. Not USED TO be ok, Not with POTENTIAL to be good.

If we get a chance to buy a player like him with every chance of being very good. yes its a gamble but with a very big up side to it.

I hear exactly what you say and fully agree. But isn't EVERY transfer we do a gamble?

Higuain is a gamble.

If we bring any player from over seas its a gamble. Will they like England? Will they get homesick? Will there be a culture clash? Will he get on with the manager? Will the PL agree with his style of play?

At least if you gamble on a player who is CURRENTLY in form you know he can do the job we want him to do NOW. Not USED TO be ok, Not with POTENTIAL to be good.

If we get a chance to buy a player like him with every chance of being very good. yes its a gamble but with a very big up side to it.

There's calculated risks (Michy) & throwing money at the wall (Baba) in the hope it sticks.  

Piatek came from the Polish league with decent numbers despite playing a weakened league, but there was no fanfare about him from his fellow countrymen, let alone those outside.

Players can't solely be judge on form, as it's temporary. Just look up Diagne (has 20 in 17 league games and was once on Juve's books). Where's the queue for him?

Piatek won't be short of suitors, should his form carry over at Milan.

12 hours ago, LAM09 said:

There's calculated risks (Michy) & throwing money at the wall (Baba) in the hope it sticks.  

Piatek came from the Polish league with decent numbers despite playing a weakened league, but there was no fanfare about him from his fellow countrymen, let alone those outside.

Players can't solely be judge on form, as it's temporary. Just look up Diagne (has 20 in 17 league games and was once on Juve's books). Where's the queue for him?

Piatek won't be short of suitors, should his form carry over at Milan.

So who do you suggest we go for that is nailed on - no gamble, that we could REALISTICALLY sign?

This lad COULD become the new Lewa!

So who do you suggest we go for that is nailed on - no gamble, that we could REALISTICALLY sign?
Ideally. The club have thrown enough money down the drain as of late.

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
10 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Ideally. The club have thrown enough money down the drain as of late.

So whats the option?

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Icardi, should Hazard move on. It's the most logical option out there & has been prior to even signing Morata.

Yeah I agree and 99% would too.

But theres also a list of other clubs I'm sure would love him too with a board that will be willing to do whatever it takes to get him.

I've wanted him for ages but even I know its a far fetched dream.

We have to lower our sights cause we just font have the pull now to get theses class of players.

I'd like a team full of them!

• 3 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, the wes said:

Why didn't we sign him and let AC Milan keep Higuaín 🙁🙁🙁 hes on fire since joining AC Milan I bet AC Milan board are saying thank you sarri for taking Higuaín off our hands 

Maybe because our top 4 fight cannot afford risks like buying massively unproven Piatek?

7 hours ago, the wes said:

Why didn't we sign him and let AC Milan keep Higuaín 🙁🙁🙁 hes on fire since joining AC Milan I bet AC Milan board are saying thank you sarri for taking Higuaín off our hands 

As long as we get either of Jovic/Dybala/Werner/Icardi in the summer don't mind losing out on him. 

On 31/1/2019 at 4:43 AM, Unionjack said:

and lukaku/batshaui the new drogba----:P

3 hours ago, Antonio8 said:

and lukaku/batshaui the new drogba----:P

Point taken

But then again who knows if Lukaku wouldn't have been if he had come to us instead of Manure?

If nothing less he would have been far better than the back end of the pantomime horse we ended up buying"

On 30/01/2019 at 9:04 AM, Jason said:

Seriously, are people gonna post 'we should have signed Piatek' every time he scores? It's perfectly understandable why the club didn't go for Piatek. As well as Piatek has done this season, it's still his first in Europe's top 5 leagues. For all we know, he could be a one season wonder. Remember Belotti? He scored 26 league goals in 2016/17 but then fell away with just 10 goals in 2017/18 and now just 7 in 2018/19. After seeing the likes of Morata, Batshuayi failed in recent seasons, we absolutely couldn't fail with the striker position and it's understandable why we went for Higuain instead, even if it's at best a short term solution. If Piatek does end up doing well at Milan, then fair play to him and if we want to get him then, it's more than possible given Milan's situation with Financial Fair Play. If not, there are still options elsewhere with Icardi or Werner. 

Great post. If he does it again throughout the whole of the remainder of the season and next, then I will be believe he is a really good player. Like you've said re Belotti. 100% agree.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You