Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, chelseawise said:

Kepa

Azpi .    Christenses     Rudiger . Alonso

Jorgiho

Kante                       Kovacic

Willian .            Giroud                 Hazard

Willian over Pedro?

It isnt that big a deal to me, all here know by know my feelings that we should have sold (or swapped for Martial) Willian and purchased one of (in order), but I do think Pedro is more of a Sarriball player.

Leon Bailey

Malcom (Barca paid only £37m ffs:fist:)

Federico Chiesa

Federico Bernardeschi

Christian Pulisic

Suso

Wild card (due to cost, but could the best of all these, in long run, save MAYBE Bailey) Ousmane Dembélé, who I do not think Barca will now sell, due to his vastly improved play so far. That fact leaves Malcom stranded with vastly reduced playing time, btw.

On 8/29/2018 at 8:19 AM, Tomo said:

Not just for real, Bournemouth have beaten me at The Bridge 3 seasons out of 5 on my fifa career, two of which were 5-2 :drunk:

Heh...I used to play as Bournemouth every time in FIFA career mode, back when they where in the championship.

Never again.

On 8/30/2018 at 7:30 AM, chelseawise said:

Kepa

Azpi .    Christenses     Rudiger . Alonso

Jorgiho

Kante                       Kovacic

Willian .            Giroud                 Hazard

I dont really understand where this is coming from as Pedro has been clearly better than Willian so far. I see Willian getting his Emojis out before the end of the season unless we can deal him out in the New Year.

And Morata seems to be getting his confidence back which can only be good.

Same XI as last week, right now its our strongest (excluding Luiz, but i think he will play)

Kepa

Azpi    Rudiger    Luiz    Alonso

Jorginho

Kante              Kovacic

Pedro                              Hazard

Morata

Most Likely Subs: Willian - Giroud - Barkley/RLC

Bournemouth carry some threat but at the Bridge anything less than a victory would be a disappointment

Prediction: 3-1 Goalscorers: Hazard, Morata, Kovacic 

From what I get about this vid is just how happy and how well all the lads seem to be getting on.  I think that having a happy team is like having an extra player at times.

Chelsea squad lose it as Ross Barkley embarrasses Marcos Alonso with nutmeg

https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/31/chelsea-squad-lose-it-as-ross-barkley-embarrasses-marcos-alonso-with-nutmeg-7899898/

I can recall players smiling and enjoying themselves during Conte's first season as well. Difference this time (hopefully) is that we actually play a fun, exciting, expressive brand of football that players enjoy. Any team would eventually get sick of being run into the ground in training while simultaneously playing defensive oriented, counter attacking football and losing.

As for this game, I'm feeling very confident. Theyll certainly give us more of a game than Newcastle did, but at home I hope we press them high and blitz them early like we did against Arsenal. They can't hurt us with their pace up front if they don't have the ball.

I feel that Bournemouth will be an even bigger test than Arsenal gave us. Eddie Howe is a very astute manager and they seem to love coming to the Bridge. They have nothing to lose and all to gain, whereas we on the other hand really need this win to banish the demons of last season. I can see it being a very tight game with us leading but coming under  lot of pressure in the second half as they come to terms with our "Sarriball".

The great thing about this game is its live on "Irish"TV :yay:Crisps and beer (non-alcoholic) at the ready

6 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I'm surprised with Willian in after how Pedros been doing.

I am not, Sarri clearly favours Willian and Luiz over other options.I really think Sarri was a driving force behind putting the kibosh on the Willian sale/swap. He must see something there, what it is, i do not know, but thats why he is a top 20 footie manager in the world and I am just a punter.

He also clearly doesnt not favour AC (grrr) Emerson, Ampadu, RLC (this is going to explode soon, as he is massively frustrated), CHO, Zappacosta, and Giroud, some rightly (perhaps) some not so much. I think he will play Fabregas more once his knee is fixed, and Drinkwater might as well just go on holiday now, lol. We WILL need all or most as we go deeper into the cups (fucking scousers in 3rd round of Carabao, ffs) and Europa League.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

I am not, Sarri clearly favours Willian and Luiz over other options.I really think Sarri was a driving force behind putting the kibosh on the Willian sale/swap. He must see something there, what it is, i do not know, but thats why he is a top 20 footie manager in the world and I am just a punter.

He also clearly doesnt not favour AC (grrr) Emerson, Ampadu, RLC (this is going to explode soon, as he is massively frustrated), CHO, Zappacosta, and Giroud, some rightly (perhaps) some not so much. I think he will play Fabregas more once his knee is fixed, and Drinkwater might as well just go on holiday now, lol. We WILL need all or most as we go deeper into the cups (fucking scousers in 3rd round of Carabao, ffs) and Europa League.

I'd have thought tho IF Sarri did prefer Willian he would have been playing the RW and Pedro on LW till Eden was fit. For quite a while I never thought there was much between the 2 and never really cared which was playing RW. But in this system I'd take Pedro every time. (watch Willian have a blinder now!)

But like we said mate who are we to judge. Just preference. But it is hard at times to accept some choices.

Come on lads lets kick their arses!

9 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I'd have thought tho IF Sarri did prefer Willian he would have been playing the RW and Pedro on LW till Eden was fit. For quite a while I never thought there was much between the 2 and never really cared which was playing RW. But in this system I'd take Pedro every time. (watch Willian have a blinder now!)

But like we said mate who are we to judge. Just preference. But it is hard at times to accept some choices.

Come on lads lets kick their arses!

I want, I truly do, for Willian to have a huge year, same for Morata and even Luiz. I agree with you on Pedro prima facie being a better Sarriball player, perhaps there is something we do not know (slight knock, bad in training, etc).

And yes! lets kick some Boccy arse!!!!