• Willian
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)

1 hour ago, bigbluewillie said:

I'm more confused now, than when I was confused:D

Sarri said after the Newcastle game that grinder games play into his tactics of wearing down the oppo in the first 60, 70 minutes via our passing and their chasing, then we go in for the kill shot, and that is what happened in the Bournemouth game (thus he was prescient)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/maurizio-sarri-outlines-where-100-chelsea-still-need-to-improve

“I think we need to be careful with the positioning of the players behind the line of the ball when we are in the offensive phase,” he said. “Sometimes on Saturday [against Bournemouth] we had the right full-back at the cross and other one in the box, so it is a little bit dangerous.

“David Luiz and Rudiger were in the right position when the opposition attacked the spaces [in counter-attack], not always the full-backs, not always the midfielders, centre-left and centre-right.

“We can improve on this. If we are able to improve the positioning behind the line of the ball, we can have in this kind of match more continuity, without counter-attacks of the opponent.

“Maybe with more continuity, we could score earlier.”

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

Sarri is so much more expansive on tactical talk than Conte ever was. I love it!

And he manages to do it without slagging any of the lads off. I wonder what hes like as a person? Seems to like a laugh and a joke. Not heard one of his players new or old say a bad word about him. And that is a rarity on its own.

4 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Not really touched on in the video, but we're still riding our luck.  We don't give up that many chances considering we have all the ball.  But, the ones we give up are massive.

I never in my life thought I would see us having a formation of 2 3 5!!

41 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Not heard one of his players new or old say a bad word about him. And that is a rarity on its own.

Tbh nobody had a bad word to say about Conte either, we were reading only praises from his former players. Now I think Willian would disagree.

We keep the ball so well and it frustrates the other teams, but sorry to say, our final third is just not on. Pass, pass, pass and it's as though everyone is afraid to take a shot. Prime example has been against Newcastle and Bournemouth where Rudiger was taking shots after mass amounts of passing, which was probably out of frustration. Granted, we are playing Morata who cannot get into a scoring position to save his life, but come ON. Somebody have a crack. It was a bit better against Bournemouth, but we still need final third work. We can't be just passing the ball around for 5 minutes without penetrating. 

2 hours ago, DavidLuizFan said:

We keep the ball so well and it frustrates the other teams, but sorry to say, our final third is just not on. Pass, pass, pass and it's as though everyone is afraid to take a shot. Prime example has been against Newcastle and Bournemouth where Rudiger was taking shots after mass amounts of passing, which was probably out of frustration. Granted, we are playing Morata who cannot get into a scoring position to save his life, but come ON. Somebody have a crack. It was a bit better against Bournemouth, but we still need final third work. We can't be just passing the ball around for 5 minutes without penetrating. 

Recall BATS!!! He will NEVER pass up a shot!! LOLOLOL

On 04/09/2018 at 6:38 AM, Unionjack said:

And he manages to do it without slagging any of the lads off. I wonder what hes like as a person? Seems to like a laugh and a joke. Not heard one of his players new or old say a bad word about him. And that is a rarity on its own.

I never in my life thought I would see us having a formation of 2 3 5!!

Explain how a 2 3 5 looks, what players would start and where, and how it actually could work please.

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Explain how a 2 3 5 looks, what players would start and where, and how it actually could work please.

Its only when we are going forward and have Alonso and Dave in the top third too. Not a proper permenant formation. Not unless we had suicidal tendencies

Just now, Unionjack said:

LOL Thats why I mentioned them f258bf24ba0510ea3cad990d50a7b0e8.gif

You know I am a bish who is also going to bite on any possible hardcore punk reffo!!!!

I have an insanely high metabolism (my nickname since I was a wee toddler is the hummingbird), and my music reflects this, lolol

18 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Recall BATS!!! He will NEVER pass up a shot!! LOLOLOL

Instead of keeping someone who would score basically every time he was on the pitch and if not score, actually make decent runs, we go and sign Giroud and get rid of Bats. Now whilst I rate Giroud, Bats would have been fine.

Just now, DavidLuizFan said:

Instead of keeping someone who would score basically every time he was on the pitch and if not score, actually make decent runs, we go and sign Giroud and get rid of Bats. Now whilst I rate Giroud, Bats would have been fine.

To use a recent UJ phrase, we have suicidal tendencies in the boardroom :(

and NOT the good type