• Barkley
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Morata
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

7 minutes ago, Stats said:

Cech was their only player who could come out with credit today and the reason the scoreline was not embarrassing ???

His distribution was woeful and he nearly scored an own goal playing a pass across his net. He gifted City numerous possessions in dangers areas trying to play out from the back. It's like they were trying to turn Petr into a ball playing sweeper keeper which isn't his forte at all.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I expect they'll be significantly better next weekend than they were this. Torreira and Lacazette will probably start and they may also bench Cech who looked terrible today. They'll also be in somewhat of a "desperation" mode knowing that they can be 6 points behind their rivals and under pressure already.

Their fans have all been preaching about patience and giving Emery loads of time to change things, but if they lose their first two against top 4 rivals to open the season they may go into meltdown within the first two weeks. 

I wonder if Kovacic will be good to go for this. Unfortunately he probably won't.

Yeah I think they'll be coming with a point to prove.

But I'm glad we're playing them at home rather than away.

I would lov Cho tearing apart Bellerin again for maybe 60 mins and then to maake things even worse for them bring on Hazard 😋 if we play like we did in preseason against them and finish like vs huddersfield it will be a great day

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:29 PM, Pizy said:

His distribution was woeful and he nearly scored an own goal playing a pass across his net. He gifted City numerous possessions in dangers areas trying to play out from the back. It's like they were trying to turn Petr into a ball playing sweeper keeper which isn't his forte at all.

From that aspect then yeah, but he made very important saves on numerous occasions. He can come out with credit because it would have been a battering if it was not for him. Made very good saves from Sterling, Aguero, Mahrez and Laporte too.

I am on team CHO but Willian/Pedro looked good enough that I believe we will start the same lineup. I don't know when but Sarri is going to lose patience with Alonso and replace him. I know he drew the penalty on saturday but in the first half for me he looked terrible. Huddersfield didn't have the skills to hurt us, but arsenal will. He barely overlapped and played constant back passes. I could stomach him as Wingback but not as fullback, and also not as partner with Azpi as he was not attacking either. I don't know what Emerson is doing but he needs to make his case to start asap. That is my mini Alonso rant, he is so frustrating for me.

But yes basically, Same starting lineup. Maybe Hazard will come on at halftime or 60' to cause some problems. I expect Kovacic on the bench but probably wont make an appearance unless it is the type Hazard just made at 75'-80' to get a run in. 

Both teams are adapting to new coaches and new styles, we seem to have adapted quicker but we all know Arsenal can be a tricky bitch. I am confident we can get a good result with the support of the home crowd.

6 minutes ago, Mana said:

To be fair, City are a million miles ahead of Arsenal, Arsenal never stood a chance. They however, have a chance against us.

Nah got to disagree Mana, I can't see them doing anything against us....but then again I am biased lol

1 hour ago, Mana said:

You definitely are biased lol

They won't win, but they can knick a draw (and that feels like a loss to us). If Morata doesn't take his chances, like for the past 4 meetings with them they will get a result.

Fixed :D

Think this'll be a very open, back and forth match. Both teams under new managers that like to press high. We saw last weekend that Cech looked super nervy under heavy pressing so hopefully we can do the same as City did and force him to make mistakes.

I worry about Luiz and Alonso against Özil, Lacazette, Auba, and Mkitaryan. Lots of quick movement and pace which both of them struggle against.

If Eden starts I'll be very confident, if not I think we'll struggle going forward.

38 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Think this'll be a very open, back and forth match. Both teams under new managers that like to press high. We saw last weekend that Cech looked super nervy under heavy pressing so hopefully we can do the same as City did and force him to make mistakes.

I worry about Luiz and Alonso against Özil, Lacazette, Auba, and Mkitaryan. Lots of quick movement and pace which both of them struggle against.

If Eden starts I'll be very confident, if not I think we'll struggle going forward.

Don't forget about the speedy Bellerin overlapping on that side as well. We share the same concerns. Their weak spot is midfield and CB pair so if we press properly we should be able to control the possession and shut down their quick passing or at least force them into long balls which isn't their strength. Will be a strong test to see what areas of our team need improving.

Peeps forgetting the game a couple of short weeks ago? We hadn't had hardly any rime on this system but it wasn't back and forth that day.

We have our full squad together now - might not all be match fit but I;d still take them over a north London side.

I'd like to see Eden get 45 mins and Kovacic 20 mins. I'm dying to get him started.

Didn't see a captains armband on Eden ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Maybe ask him if hes signing his contract any time soon. That would get the fans hyped too!

On 8/14/2018 at 11:26 AM, kellzfresh said:

Saw this fantastic pre-match video