Aaron Ramsey

the wes

Little bit torn on this. On one side he'd be phenomenal value, even with a good sized contract. Free transfer for a proven 27 year old would be a steal.

However, he has had injury problems and has been far from his best in the last season or so.

And we are stacked in midfield at the moment. It is our strongest area, not just in quality but depth. If Fabregas leaves in the summer, and we can't strike a deal with Kovacic then there would be a place for him.

However I also wouldn't want a player coming in on big money and expected to play games, blocking the path of Mount into the first team in the next year or two.

Definitely should be considered on a free transfer, but only if gaps appear in our midfield group.

Sell Drinkwater and bring in Ramsey on a free? that is good business and a HG upgrade. Energetic player, comfortable in an attacking system with Arsenal. I would be all for it. 

@Superblue_1986 good point about Mount, but I think he would block RLC even more than he already is. I think Fabregas will move on at the end of his contract and I view Mount as his successor. Would fit right in that highest attacking midfielder role. If we manage to secure Kovacic long term then i think it will be either RLC or Ramsey(if he comes)

Edited by akgw13
addition

1 minute ago, akgw13 said:

Sell Drinkwater and bring in Ramsey on a free? that is good business and a HG upgrade. Energetic player, comfortable in an attacking system with Arsenal. I would be all for it. 

First part (sell Drinkwater, YES)

Ramsey earns a 

tenor.gif?itemid=4355920

42 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Little bit torn on this. On one side he'd be phenomenal value, even with a good sized contract. Free transfer for a proven 27 year old would be a steal.

Ramsey is 28 in two months 29 days (Boxing Day)

I really detest  him to boot,10 years a goona

Only players who remotely interest me on the goonas are

Mattéo Guendouzi (long range potential as he is only 19yo) (also, we would have 3 WILD-haired players in him, Luiz and Ampadu!!, lolol)

and  a short term striker fix with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (short-term becuase he is 30yo before next season starts (pretty wild hair too, lol)

Image result for Mattéo GuendouziImage result for ethan ampaduImage result for david luizImage result for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Liverpool lead race to sign Arsenal star as Ramsey 'excited' to play under Klopp

https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/30/liverpool-leading-aaron-ramsey-transfer-race-after-summer-bid-rejected-7991147/

Liverpool will resume their efforts to sign Aaron Ramsey after the Reds reportedly failed in a summer bid to bring the midfielder to Anfield. Unai Emery’s shock decision to halt contract talks with Ramsey means the Welshman is likely to move onto a new club in January or next summer. Ramsey’s deal expires at the end of the season and the Arsenal star is free to speak to other clubs about a potential switch once the winter transfer window opens.

The Mirror report Jurgen Klopp failed in an attempt to persuade Ramsey to join Liverpool last summer, but the Reds will renew their interest. Liverpool will lead the race to sign Ramsey, as the 27-year-old is ‘excited’ by the prospect of playing under Klopp. The German has poached ex-Gunners before with Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain joining Liverpool from Arsenal in the summer of 2017.

snip

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Aaron Ramsey will leave Arsenal for free at the end of the season after the club told him in person why he will not be offered a new contract, Sky Sports News understands.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11541153/aaron-ramsey-to-leave-arsenal-next-summer-on-a-free

if we can't sign Mateo permanent Ramsey could be an option in the summer 

55 minutes ago, the wes said:

Aaron Ramsey will leave Arsenal for free at the end of the season after the club told him in person why he will not be offered a new contract, Sky Sports News understands.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11541153/aaron-ramsey-to-leave-arsenal-next-summer-on-a-free

if we can't sign Mateo permanent Ramsey could be an option in the summer 

I am always on board with free quality, but I think Mount might stake his claim next year. Kante/Jorginho/Barkley/RLC/Mount looks pretty damn good (assuming we can't sign Kovacic, im a big kovacic fan and believe we should)

If Barkley/RLC continue to impress I don't see the space for Ramsey. Maybe if we manage to offload Drinkwater to someone and Fabregas leaves but even without those 2 our midfield still looks pretty crowded.

1 hour ago, akgw13 said:

I am always on board with free quality, but I think Mount might stake his claim next year. Kante/Jorginho/Barkley/RLC/Mount looks pretty damn good (assuming we can't sign Kovacic, im a big kovacic fan and believe we should)

If Barkley/RLC continue to impress I don't see the space for Ramsey. Maybe if we manage to offload Drinkwater to someone and Fabregas leaves but even without those 2 our midfield still looks pretty crowded.

I dont care if we have to pick up partial wages, but can we PLEASE BIN DONKEYWATER!!! And Baka and Moses and Cahill, FFS!!!!!

Kovacic has to be first choice. Ramsey is a good player but if we have to choose one or the other it's an easy choice. Fact Arsenal are willing to let him go for free says a lot too... also Liverpool 😂 he's never gonna get a game, is he stupid? Keita is the more advanced player in that MF, Lallana can play there too.. then they have Oxlade Chamberlain too...

Wouldn't mind see us getting Ramsey but if we end up signing Kovacic and with a midfield of Jorginho/Kovacic/Kante/Barkley/Loftus-Cheek, where does Ramsey even fit in, especially when Sarri seems to have a rigid player-position selection in the midfield? And that's without even mentioning Mount.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Wouldn't mind see us getting Ramsey but if we end up signing Kovacic and with a midfield of Jorginho/Kovacic/Kante/Barkley/Loftus-Cheek, where does Ramsey even fit in, especially when Sarri seems to have a rigid player-position selection in the midfield? And that's without even mentioning Mount.

If we get Kovacic on a perm basis, dont see the reason for getting him either, unless we sell Kante too. Obviousy  Drinkwater, Moses, Bakadonkeyoko and Cesc need to go too, so Ramsey would be more than likely Kova's backup in the role Kante now fills (and isnt doing a good enough job).

I don't see what he offers that would drastically change our midfield. He would just be another needless stumbling block for youth coming through.

7 hours ago, Strike said:

Even if Kovacic does not come in

Jorginho - Kante -  RLC - Barkley - Mount - Fabregas(?) is plenty

No. Not even close. Especially if Fabregas is sold, which he deffo needs to be, he is spent, not capable of playing to high level in role he needs to be.

Let's look at what we would have if Kovacic is pulled back, and not replaced, and no others are brought in:

You have ONE DH DMF , Jorginho, with ZERO legit back-up in what is arguably the most important position on the field in Sariball.

You have a quite possibly completely maladjusted Kante as your B to B runner CMF hybrid with ZERO backup or competition (he is not adapting well atm IMHO)

And you have 3 AMF's

Barkley

RLC, who I rate but many do not.

and a teenager, Mount, with no big league experience playing for a manager who is so far pretty much refusing to play youth.

Donkeyoko and Drinkwater are SHIT and need to be sold like yesterday.

So, no, not remotely good enough, not even if we keep Kovavcic. We need a true backup DH DMF.

Sarri knows which one, and I agree 100000% (ironically he is a teen, lolol)

Sandro Tonalli, who has Pirlo 2.0 screaming from his pores.

Btw, I already listed prettt muchevery possible AND acceptable Kovacic replacement here

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/26645-17-mateo-kovacic/?do=findComment&comment=1376358

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You