• Hazard
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • Zappacosta (sub)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really haunting when you think about the general skill levels in our squad. We make Fabregas look like Iniesta because he literally is the only player who has a decent footballing I.Q. I will get slaughtered for saying this but even Hazard doesn't have a top footballing brain.

2 hours ago, Beigl said:

Our wingbacks are so terrible. Moses is a great athlete, but lacks football IQ and skills on the ball. Alonso is good at kicking the ball, but he is slow, weak and has no stamina, which means he is useless in 7 out of 10 games. And I don´t even know how someone would come to the conclusion that buying Zappacosta for 26 mio. pounds is a good idea.

It;s hard to believe that in a game like this Kenedy would play worse than Alonso.

1 hour ago, Polo7 said:

Sam Alladyce is a parasite of football. Fucking twat. Saying that we should have taken our chances.

No he is not, he was appointed to save Everton's season and is doing exactly what was expected from him. Noone thought Everton will suddenly start playing tiki-taka.

We just lack quality on the ball. Pedro, Wilian just aren't good enough. Bakayoko shouldn't be playing against teams that sit deep against us. Not sure why Fabregas didn't start this game ? 
Alonso did he actually do anything today ? Zappacosta... that attempt at a cross pretty much sums him up.
Hazard didn't do much either tbh.

With how Zappacosta is playing, I would even be willing to have Ivanovic back to play in that's role. Even if his crossing was woeful, yet atleast he knew how to defend. Zappacosta is just dreadful to watch in every aspect of his game.

I'm not all D and G about the performance, but what is apparent is the lack of squad depth, and all it takes is one player to be sub par, and we fail.

Today it looked like Willian had been vaping some nice Kush before kick off

2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Our worst signing in years. This is it with him - he’s not going to improve. £25m completely down the drain. 

And that is 100% all Conte. I guarantee you nobody else at the club had even heard of this joker. And we have a large group of supporters who legit want the club to give Conte unlimited funds to do as he pleases.

We really went from having Emenalo hoovering up the most talented young players in world football to signing Serie A trash.

24 minutes ago, Styles said:

And that is 100% all Conte. I guarantee you nobody else at the club had even heard of this joker. And we have a large group of supporters who legit want the club to give Conte unlimited funds to do as he pleases.

We really went from having Emenalo hoovering up the most talented young players in world football to signing Serie A trash.

Maybe if the board hadn't tried to penny pinch for every transfer target and wait till the final day, we wouldn't be left looking for scraps and which club are willing to sell their player.

What I am about to say you can easily find on Man United and Liverpool forums these days, and by this I mean all sorts of delusional stuff like "If we would have..." and bullshit like that. I do not like it, BUT... there are four matches this season after which I felt worse than after a defeat against a big rival.

2-3 v Burnley, 1-2 v Palace, 0-1 v West Ham and 0-0 v Everton.

It's 11 points dropped here by plain and pure stupidity against shite sides in matches that we have totally controlled but conceded fucking stupid goals and looked like shite in front of goal.

I mean there is no shame in losing after your opponents have a good game, but fuck me look at Everton, Courtois could have read a book today in goal and still would have left Goodison with a clean sheet, West Ham have had one single chance and scored, Palace the same. Whereas Chelsea had all the ball but looked horrendous in the final third.

Chelsea need to start matches on the front foot against these type of teams and score early, too many times we get dragged into their lethargic style of play and when we wake up it's too late. Conte must practice playing against double deckers and for once ditch the three at the back late in the game when we chase the win.

And frankly the lack of quality wide players has ruined this season. Moses and Alonso - I'd say they would probably be the best set of back-up full-backs in the league should they sit on the bench. But as regulars - not Chelsea quality.

34 minutes ago, Eidur the Spider said:

THIS.

But who could we get realistically?

Someone decent enough but is okay with being second string to Morata. Can't think of many tbh.

We've 200+ scouts globally spotting players allegedly - there must be several in the frame. As far as playing second string other teams seem grown up about it, and am sure it could be organised.

With my limited knowledge - I'd settle for Aubemeyang...

10 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

We've 200+ scouts globally spotting players allegedly - there must be several in the frame. As far as playing second string other teams seem grown up about it, and am sure it could be organised.

With my limited knowledge - I'd settle for Aubemeyang...

Aubameyang, apparently, signed a contract till 2021 last week. Think Dortmund will let him go but I highly doubt he will come cheap.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Aubameyang, apparently, signed a contract till 2021 last week. Think Dortmund will let him go but I highly doubt he will come cheap.

If Man City wanted him he'd be arriving at the Etihad training ground on New Years Day