• Moses (sub)
    • Drinkwater (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Mufassir08 said:

I'd be tempted to rest Eden for this one, Looked very tired in the second half today.

I'm an advocate for resting him as much as possible these days simply so that other players learn to step up, and new habits are drilled into them so that the default isn't always 'get the ball to Hazard and pray'. Pedro and Willian aren't exceptional individually, but there's still hope they can build better chemistry with the players around them, which just won't happen for as long as we allow them to play second-fiddle. 

Haven't really seen any of Swansea this season. I know they're near the bottom of the table but have they actually been unbelievably terrible or have they been competitive? Trying to get a feeling if this'll be another West Brom where they have no real chance or this'll be one of those annoying small teams who are actually decent.

Cesc will start IMO, alongside Drinkwater and Kante. Bakayoko wants dropping to the bench after the shit he served up on Saturday.

Not worth risking Hazard if he has a knock, just play Willian or Pedro. I can't see us having an issue of either our two games coming up in all honesty.

2 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Cesc will start IMO, alongside Drinkwater and Kante. Bakayoko wants dropping to the bench after the shit he served up on Saturday.

Not worth risking Hazard if he has a knock, just play Willian or Pedro. I can't see us having an issue of either our two games coming up in all honesty.

Much as I think that a 3-5-2 with a midfield trio of Kante-Drinkwater-Fabregas has the potential to be a wondefully balanced line-up (I'd love to see it tried), I'm not convinced that that's how we're going to approach this game. 3-5-2 seems to be reserved for the most difficult opponents this season, whilst 3-4-3 remains our go-to against everyone else. West Brom was probably an exception because everyone in midfield performed very well against Man Utd, so Conte was hardly going to change things up and risk stalling our momentum.

Bakayoko was very poor against Liverpool, however, and I'm not sure that Conte views Drinkwater as a genuine starter yet. I suspect that we'll be using 3-4-3 against Swansea, with Kante and Fabregas forming the midfield pair. Willian is probably a nailed-on starter here as well, as I don't think it will be good for any of our current squad players to see one of their number make direct contributions to each of our last five goals and not be rewarded with a start. The big question is whether Hazard is rested and replaced by Pedro or not.

I could be hopelessly off-base with all this, of course. :P

Tibo

Azpi               Christensen         Rudiger

Mosses          Drinkwater          Fabregas                  Kennedy

Willian              Morata               Pedro

Rest Eden,Alonso,Ngolo

7 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Do we need 3 midfielders for this game though? Swansea will no doubt sit back and defend and would be better to revert to 3-4-3.

3 minutes ago, Last Sicarius said:

Tibo

Azpi-Christensen-Rudieger
ZappaCosta-Drinkwater-Kante-Alonso

Willian-Morata-Pedro.

That's for me.Rest Hazard and Fabs. Also rotate Rudiger for Cahill. Azpi Captain=win. :ph34r:

This would be my lineup, with Moses replacing Zappacosta for 30 minutes before starting against Newcastle.

Thinking about it, anything less than 3 points here would be even worse than the Palace defeat earlier. Palace at least had a star man in Zaha who can rip anyone apart when in the mood and it was coming off a long international break. Swansea have lost their main goal getter from last season in Llorente and will be without our Tammy as well. They don't have that standout threat that can cause us huge headaches.

At home, in good form, the players and manager are saying all the right things in regards to not giving up despite City's massive lead, and we can keep pace with United who have a couple of extremely tough games coming up. Expecting and hoping for a convincing win here assuming we approach it like its a big game. Don't let a shit team gain belief that they can get something from us by playing zombie football. Attack, attack, attack.

Hopefully a goal or more from Morata.