Mason Mount

the wes

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

That was said when RLC returned from injury, when we signed Havertz and when we appointed Tuchel.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Havertz against Spurs the other day, I thought he was more or less doing Mount's job in dropping deep and pressing. Add Lukaku and Havertz' end product, there's only one slot available and it's going to be interesting to see if Pulisic and Ziyech regain the end product they once showed. An area that Mount severely lacks unless he steps up this season. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

45 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Havertz against Spurs the other day, I thought he was more or less doing Mount's job in dropping deep and pressing. Add Lukaku and Havertz' end product, there's only one slot available and it's going to be interesting to see if Pulisic and Ziyech regain the end product they once showed. An area that Mount severely lacks unless he steps up this season. 

I like how there's assumption almost every summer that the team's XI will be this and that, only for things to turn out differently.

Mount will find a way to stay as a regular, he is like a managers pet. Given his all round ability and work rate, he will stay as a favorite of most managers.

I hope he improves where he doesn’t become the new Willian. Which is decent but you feel like someone else can do better and a improved player is needed. 

• 2 weeks later...

I will say this again, Pogba is playing this way due to his contract situation. Once that is resolved, whether its staying at United or going to PSG, then he will revert back to type. His ability was never in question, his attitude has always been the issue.

On 15/08/2021 at 15:47, NikkiCFC said:

Open play assists:

Pogba yesterday: 4 

Mount two full PL seasons: 3

Fucking hell here we go again with the stupid comparisons, someone who doesn’t even play the same position or hasn’t done majority of his career (like Grealish again) but ok I will play.

Firstly Pogba isn’t a number 10/attacking midfielder. Hes an 8 or has played off the lefthand side in big games because he cannot be trusted in the middle of the pitch.

Secondly Pogba has scored 28 goals and made 33 assists in 5 full PL seasons and the game v Leeds this weekend past, playing virtually every week most seasons and one game this season….. averaging 4.6 goals and 5.5 assists per season over his time in England.

Hardly that impressive for a near £100m player who was/still is hailed as world class/a top top player (which lets be honest can be as good as you want once every while but being world class means you do it every week)…. even worse bar one season - 2018/19 - where he scored 13 PL goals 9 assists he has never scored more than 6 in a season in the PL for United bar that year.

He got 3 goals 3 assists last season, 1 goal 3 assists the season before, 6 goals 10 assists in 2017/18 and then 5 goals 4 assists in 2016/17…. Mount has got 13 goals and 10 assists in 2 full seasons of PL football basically having never played bar at Derby and Vitesse. Also Mount 21 big chances created in 2 seasons more or less, Pogba 26 in 5 seasons more or less. So its a bit of a idiotic comparison to make, even more so on one game where he’s got 4 assists.

I mean when United play next week and he gets 0 assists and lets say Mount gets a few will you be posting in here? I don’t think so because you seem to be very selective in when to post stupid shit re Mount in here 😂

Also more importantly how many CL final goals has Pogba ever assisted? Or how many big games at club level has he actually done anything in? 

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Fucking hell here we go again with the stupid comparisons, someone who doesn’t even play the same position or hasn’t done majority of his career (like Grealish again) but ok I will play.

Firstly Pogba isn’t a number 10/attacking midfielder. Hes an 8 or has played off the lefthand side in big games because he cannot be trusted in the middle of the pitch.

Secondly Pogba has scored 28 goals and made 33 assists in 5 full PL seasons and the game v Leeds this weekend past, playing virtually every week most seasons and one game this season….. averaging 4.6 goals and 5.5 assists per season over his time in England.

Hardly that impressive for a near £100m player who was/still is hailed as world class/a top top player (which lets be honest can be as good as you want once every while but being world class means you do it every week)…. even worse bar one season - 2018/19 - where he scored 13 PL goals 9 assists he has never scored more than 6 in a season in the PL for United bar that year.

He got 3 goals 3 assists last season, 1 goal 3 assists the season before, 6 goals 10 assists in 2017/18 and then 5 goals 4 assists in 2016/17…. Mount has got 13 goals and 10 assists in 2 full seasons of PL football basically having never played bar at Derby and Vitesse. Also Mount 21 big chances created in 2 seasons more or less, Pogba 26 in 5 seasons more or less. So its a bit of a idiotic comparison to make, even more so on one game where he’s got 4 assists.

I mean when United play next week and he gets 0 assists and lets say Mount gets a few will you be posting in here? I don’t think so because you seem to be very selective in when to post stupid shit re Mount in here 😂

Also more importantly how many CL final goals has Pogba ever assisted? Or how many big games at club level has he actually done anything in? 

Add to that Pogba is on his physical and career peak. He is older than Lukaku ffs while Mount is early 20ies still kinda early in his pro career. 
ppl tend to think Pogba is still young cos he still plays like a promising youngster when the best part of his career is probably behind him and grandpa league titles are all he has to show for on club level 

8 hours ago, Simon1991 said:

For god's sake @NikkiCFC, will you stop? I thought you had finally come to peace with Mount's input. 

Willian recorded 3 assists last year against Fulham, so, he's better too?

I didn't say a word about Mount. I just shared stats. 

Am I shitting on Christensen if I say Chalobah scored already for Chelsea in 2nd game or Tomori last season also early but he still didn't? No this is just interesting observation. 

Btw I don't rate Pogba at all. Wouldn't take him for free. 

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I didn't say a word about Mount. I just shared stats. 

Am I shitting on Christensen if I say Chalobah scored already for Chelsea in 2nd game or Tomori last season also early but he still didn't? No this is just interesting observation. 

Btw I don't rate Pogba at all. Wouldn't take him for free. 

Come on, don't play the smartass. If you're not trying to convey any message message on Mount, why would you post this stat here? 

Actually and to answer your question, YES.

Christensen's games, 200, 0 goals

Chalobah's games 2, 1 goal

If you went to Christensen's topic and said something like this, you have to admit the underlying message is negative or at least that's the way other members will interpret your post, especially if they already know your stance on that player (in this case that Mount does not assist enough from open play).

Edited by Simon1991

Pogba can be world class, his ability is unquestionable, it has always been his attitude. If he wants to play, he will, if he doesn't then you get the lax/lazy/non-concentrating performances that we all associate him to, unless its contract time or there is interest from Madrid/PSG.

Pogba is leagues above Mount in terms of ability, the difference is that one is a model professional and one isn't.

4 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

Pogba can be world class, his ability is unquestionable, it has always been his attitude. If he wants to play, he will, if he doesn't then you get the lax/lazy/non-concentrating performances that we all associate him to, unless its contract time or there is interest from Madrid/PSG.

Pogba is leagues above Mount in terms of ability, the difference is that one is a model professional and one isn't.

Don't know whether it's simply unprofessionalism or just a severe lack of consistency from Pogba but he's already 28 years old so he's not going to change either. What we've seen over the years is exactly what Pogba gives you. Gennaro Gattuso once famously said 'sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shit' and those words fit Pogba perfectly.

Heck, if we're taking the few best performances in a season as a benchmark then Willian should have been considered a world class player too. On his day he was hands down the best player on the pitch but just like Pogba he ultimately failed to keep his best form going and fell out of the picture for weeks or even months at a time.

Mount's peak performance may not be even close to as good as Pogba on his day, but overall across a season Mount's consistency is miles ahead. At 22 he still has a lot of room for improvement too.