• Bakayoko
    • Fabregas
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Willian (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • Zappacosta (sub)

I agree with all of these comments: Batsman is crap. He just changed the game and scored 2 goals. Not bad for a substitute.

Very proud of my team. We fought back and won.

Com'on Chelsea!

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notice how we simply got so much better when that fraud Alonso got taken off!!!!!! Eeven the Danish commentators noted how Watford's right side kept abusing our left side before he got taken off. Please for your own sake, Conte, keep starting Azpi at L(W)B from now till the January window at least. 

1 hour ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Get the fuck out. Done inspiring? So we go through a series of bad results and the manager who won 30 of 38 PL games can no longer "inspire" the team whatever that means after his board fauled to sign primary transfer targets. If that's it I don't want to be part of that football culture. 

That's the ruthless nature of our board unfortunately and I think he had a point. If he lost this game, think it could of been the end. The board are ruthless. But thanks god we won that game some how because we got away with murder. And Bats literally is a hero. Slated by so much fans and given a leap of faith and stepped up the way he did and imo saved our season and Conte's. Brilliant win. Could not of bear to think what would of happened if we lost.

It takes balls and knowledge to take out Morata who wasn't good. Conte took a risk and it worked! Bravo Antonio!

It's nice to see all supporters still signing ANTONIO ANTONIO, even in moments like those.

That game was probably dead for them if Cesc scores that chip. Dead for us if Richarlison scores one of those sitters.

Kante coming back will solve many of our problems but overall our players have to sharpen the hell up. So many careless instances and passes that we kill ourselves with.

23 minutes ago, El P. said:

If it's not best possible, it's almost the best possible. Or you think one Christensen would make a difference?

Conte makes mistakes too, of course. But nothing compared to our players.

Yeah, I do think that. Defence line of Rudiger-Christensen-Azpi will be far better. I prefer seeing Zapacosta at RWB than Luiz at CB.

Our captain shouldn't be near the pitch.

Don't care how we got this...Crucial win for Conte....We all know that team is crippled by injuries....He has been unlucky...Defense is clearly exposed by midfield...Absence of kante is shown by this game...Team cannot maintain possession for few minutes..Too many long balls and lack of midfield is a major problem

5 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Yeah, I do think that. Defence line of Rudiger-Christensen-Azpi will be far better. I prefer seeing Zapacosta at RWB than Luiz at CB.

Our captain shouldn't be near the pitch.

Agree that Christy should play, don't agree that Luiz should be benched just like this. I prefer Zappa/Moses - Azpi - Luiz - Christy - Alonso.

But, Conte made things up with super subs, Bats and Willian won us this game. And who in the right mind would think those two could win us a game? Yeah, nobody. Only our brilliant Antonio!

EDIT: Or Azpi - Rudy - Luiz - Christy - Alonso

The win will paper over the cracks but we really needed that. The performance was mixed to say the very least. Thought we did okay in the first half - looked threatening in attack and did well enough to repel most of the attacks. Game could have been over had Fabregas taken THAT chance. The second half was rubbish it has to be said. Think we had only 1 shot up till the last 15 minutes or so. Thank god Watford missed those sitters and god knows why they decided to take their foot off the pedal at 2-2. We were there for the taking. But whatever. We'll take it.

Well done Bats. I think we've all doubted you, especially recently with everything magnified given the team struggles. 

Great job by Conte. Got it right. 

Cahill should never play again. I mean that. Not as a sub, a reserve or squad player. I don't want him on this team. He was to blame for the tap in Richarlison chance, and for their second goal. Just ball watching and ball following. Him and Alonso are absolutely terrible defensively. That is something 80% of the board can see, and even comment on during our winning streaks. Clearly we need to upgrade there. As far as the CB role goes, you have a great young talent on the bench. Between Luiz, Chris, Rud, and occasionally Azpi, we have solutions in the middle. Azpi can play LWB, and Alonso can have the occasionally game if the wingers on the other team are slow as molasses.  

I'm hoping we spend big half way through. It is so insanely hard to support this team, but I'm stuck now, and all I can do is think how blatantly obvious the solution is. Spend money and bolster the squad. We never do it, and we go through the same slump over and over. It is insanity to keep doing the same thing and expect different results. I think it is driving some of us as fans insane too.

Great comeback, but terrible performance. 

For as much of a diver as Richarlison was, he seems to be a very gifted player. Strong, fast and technically gifted. I know there was some talk about him coming here in the offseason. Should keep an eye on him. 

12 minutes ago, Stats said:

That's the ruthless nature of our board unfortunately and I think he had a point. If he lost this game, think it could of been the end. The board are ruthless

Get what you're saying but think you're overstating there a little. We may have sacked lots of managers down the years but many, if not all, have gotten lots of time to turn things around. Scolari was sacked in February. So was AVB. And hell, even with the Mourinho meltdown in 2015/16, we waited until December to sack him even though the bad signs were already obvious before that.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

The win will paper over the cracks but we really needed that. The performance was mixed to say the very least. Thought we did okay in the first half - looked threatening in attack and did well enough to repel most of the attacks. Game could have been over had Fabregas taken THAT chance. The second half was rubbish it has to be said. Think we had only 1 shot up till the last 15 minutes or so. Thank god Watford missed those sitters and god knows why they decided to take their foot off the pedal at 2-2. We were there for the taking. But whatever. We'll take it.

That was very surprising, both Jim Beglin & Andy Townsend were shocked when they saw Deeney coming off for Watson (basically a Defensive mid)...and then after we score, he decides to bring on Gray..

Credit to Conte though, taking off Alonso and giving Michy the chance got us the 3 points.   I wouldn't mind seeing a back-4 till Kante comes back into the side.