• Hazard (sub)

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good win, nice shooting by Alvaro.

However, this ineptitude up top with Pedro has been irritating. We got ahead in this match on mistakes by Stoke while Stoke were bossing the match and Morata was getting zero help from Pedro. Result could have been very different without those Stoke fuck-ups and maybe some health centre backs for them. Luckily, Stoke also don't play with a real striker.

Start thinking Musonda off the bench behind Willian and Hazard. Pedro can shoot, but WTH is he doing all match?

To be honest I'm kinda looking forward to Drinkwater's debut. Without Cesc and Hazard we were dreadful in the midfield, completely no idea what to do. Hopefully Drinkwater can be close to what Cesc can do and being much more physically capable.

For those talking about Bakayoko, I too thought he was a bit sloppy on the ball but great at winning it back and getting it forward. Couple of times where he received it and dwelled for a second too long getting it pinched off him. He'll improve steadily just like Kante has. It's what Conte has been saying for weeks now.

Kante was fantastic once again. Getting better and better with the ball. Feels like he's made more surging runs forward carrying the ball through 6 matches than he did all last season. Popping up more and more around the opposition box and joining the attacking players. Great to see.

Azpi in the past has always been considered an elite defender whose only weakness is his game going forward. He and Morata have a telepathic understanding and he has exploded this season. Like someone mentioned earlier in this thread, with the amount of quality we have at CB we should really try playing Azpi at wing back at times. Much more solid defensively than Alonso and we don't lose much going forward.

Thought we were pretty crap to be honest but I did see enough of Conte's Juventus to know this isn't a big worry as they could get results like this playing poorly. Surprised we kept a clean sheet as Stoke really had some excellent deliveries from corners in first half that normally we are pretty strong at defending but we struggled to cope with them at time.

A very tough game behind us, and we won it. Other contenders will have it difficult there, just like United. Just a shame that Spurs and Pool managed to scrap a win.

So happy for Alvaro. Azpi should be made permanent captain. He is a different class.

5 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Many  thought he couldn't/wouldn't make forward passes which could potentially be a problem if he's Kante's main midfield partner. The fact that he's making them is the main point of focus. Whether they were perfect or not is a moot point. 

Can't see how it could be moot. If you don't care how the passes turn out then stick me out there. I'll get it forward for you. Clearly I'm not getting a game for Chelsea anytime soon, even with you in charge, but surely it's just as clear that the quality of the passes does matter. 

1 hour ago, different level said:

Btw, it's been over 3 years since our player scored a Premier League hat-trick. Last time that happened was Diego Costa against Swansea in September 2014. 

Nice banner. LOLz for Merseyside (and for anyone else).

I know many say Cesc and Hazard changed the game, and they deserve credit for their part, but the main thing was Indi getting off. He controlled Morata for most parts of the game, when Fletcher moved to CB it was clear Morata needed one chance on him (thanks Glen). From there it went downhill to Stoke.

They sure did not deserve losing 0-4, but who cares. Great result for us. On to the next one.

So we have stopped singing that Morata song yet United to sign that chant about Lukaku, wonder what the FA will do about that?

Oh and whilst talking agendas....MOTD didn't show the Crouch knee high tackle that was a blatant red but showed Alonso's so called 'definite reds'

Pathetic.