• Hazard (sub)

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Morata just exploded! :D

Disappointed with Bakayoko's performance a bit, but well. Can't wait to see Morata and Hazard playing together, that will be brilliant!

And great game by our misters consistent - Azpi and Kante.

1 minute ago, El P. said:

Morata just exploded! :D

Disappointed with Bakayoko's performance a bit, but well. Can't wait to see Morata and Hazard playing together, that will be brilliant!

And great game by our misters consistent - Azpi and Kante.

Really? I thought he was good considering this was a typical PL away game with the tempo and aeriel balls. I think he showed nice technique with the ball. Quick forward intelligent passes.  I knew about his physical tools and ability to run with the ball and dribble in tight spaces but we're using him a bit different from Monaco. There he was more of a holding midfielder and for us Conte has given him licence to roam. He's like a cheat player with how big and powerful he is. Different players but Toure-esque. 

1 minute ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Really? I thought he was good considering this was a typical PL away game with the tempo and aeriel balls. I think he showed nice technique with the ball. Quick forward intelligent passes.  I knew about his physical tools and ability to run with the ball and dribble in tight spaces but we're using him a bit different from Monaco. There he was more of a holding midfielder and for us Conte has given him licence to roam. He's like a cheat player with how big and powerful he is. Different players but Toure-esque. 

His final passes were not perfect.

Just now, MrExcalibur100 said:

His awareness wasn't good. He lost the ball too many times, totally unforced. Don't know, seemed to me like if he was just more aware of players around him (opposition and ours) it would be much better.

I know we keep forgetting it, since he seems to bang in a free kick every time the talks come up, but Alonso isn't starting material. He really isn't.

Fair enough he can have his day, and has won us an important game this season, but a lot of teams have noticed his defensive inefficiencies, mainly his speed at his position, and have started to pick on it. 

Moses does get lost on defence too, but he is competent in the one on ones for the most part, and can sprint his way back into position. I'd much rather focus on upgrading the left side first, since Zappa may be a suitable challenger for the role. Sandro probably isn't available, but surely we have options that could present an upgrade. 

Willian needs to change something up. Been dreadful the last two weeks. I don't think Pedro is anywhere near as talented, but far more effective and efficient on the field. I'd prefer giving Musonda a bit of run and starting Hazard from this point on. He looked fit and ready to go. 

Baka looked shaky receiving the ball today, but he did his role of defending brilliantly. Actually prevented a certain goal when one of the Stoke players was through on goal. Honestly had a bit of a Matic performance today. lol... 

Basically, would love a second striker/winger to come in during the January transfer window, and also an upgrade to Alonso at LWB. Azpi can be that second option there, since he is far better on the left than on the right. He has looked terrible on the right every single time, but was an absolute monster on the left. 

I'm happy with the middle of the ground. Baka, Kante, Cesc and Drinkwater are a great mix. A second striker who can play on the right would be great. Aside from that, very happy. 

3 minutes ago, El P. said:

His awareness wasn't good. He lost the ball too many times, totally unforced. Don't know, seemed to me like if he was just more aware of players around him (opposition and ours) it would be much better.

What do you expect for your first game in the Premier League playing away to a side like Stoke. He's not used to that sort of intensity from the minnow sides. 

6 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

His final passes were not perfect.

Many  thought he couldn't/wouldn't make forward passes which could potentially be a problem if he's Kante's main midfield partner. The fact that he's making them is the main point of focus. Whether they were perfect or not is a moot point. 

2 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

What do you expect for your first game in the Premier League playing away to a side like Stoke. He's not used to that sort of intensity from the minnow sides. 

I know, ok, he will get there, just saying. ;)

Nice game. we were not particularly in control and conceding chances (no wonder given the makeshift defence) but when Cesc and Hazard came on we were different class and could have scored another 2. Morata is just a brilliant brilliant player so pacy and clever, I am still admirinng the precision of his movement for the 2nd. There are not many players in the world who can score that kind of goal. Also howclincial those first 3 goals were from as many chances that is what you want your finishing to be. stoke made two mistakes defensively in the first half and we punished them with incredible ruthlessnes. 

On the downside Willian and Alonso were so poor, running into trouble all the time. We need someone who can move faster than Alonso on that side to really free up hazard and someone with a bit more of a football brain than Willian who for all his skill and pace is so much of a headless chicken. 

Morata made my day! hattrick with clinical and superb finish,particularly that 2nd goal, oh boy the way he flicked the ball over the GK was absolutely brilliant....

The team performance lives up right after Fab and Eden came on..., Our defenders are rock solid, Christensen continues to impress...

a bit concern about Bakayoko's performance tonight as he oftenly losing possession and make sloppy passes and first touch, and really he need to work on his bloody first touch!

Well overall, I can sleep tightly tonight :wub: #KTBFFH